It is one of the most searched queries of users on the internet that “how to Switch to HDMI On Laptop on Windows 10?” So today in this article we are going to discuss this topic in detail. Our aim is to solve the queries of users. So, let’s discuss it.
What HDMI is actually?
HDMI stands for High-Definition Multimedia Interface and it is a type of signal used for transferring high definition audio & video over a single cable. HDMI is a crucial hardware component that allows the user to connect a wide range of output devices to your computer.
Nowadays this HDMI port is available in most PCs or Laptops using this HDMI port you can connect your computer with a wide range of external devices like your TV, Projector, monitor, etc.
Laptops having HDMI ports permit you to project high-quality video and audio over HD-capable devices such as televisions and audio receivers. By using your laptop’s HDMI port, you can connect your Laptop to another compatible device easily and makes the device a powerful multimedia hub.
You need an HDMI Cable for connection. Also, keep your Laptop close to the external device (Television / Projector) So that your HDMI cable is able to reach between both and connect easily.
Let’s Ascertain the Connection Type for the Computer
In most cases, the HDMI just starts work by connecting a simple HDMI cable from one device to the other device like a television or your display, and just by doing this, your HDMI Connection is established.
But, some device operators, mainly smaller devices and computers use the various size of HDMI connectors or a different type of connection that, while compatible, requires special cables.
HDMI Connector Types
There are mainly three types of HDMI connectors available, and they are genuinely based on the size of the devices.
This is the most often used connector. It is the type of connector, particularly located on the back of modern television sets. Its size is about 1/2 an inch wide.
This connection is particularly used for small and portable devices. Laptops that are smaller in size use this type of connectors. You will need a different cable to connect to a standard HDMI port.
This connection is made for portable devices. It is most widely found on digital cameras and camcorders, but a few smaller laptops and single-board computers also use this type of connectors. for this type of connection, you will need a specific cable to connect to a Standard HDMI port.
Other Connection Types
There are a large number of other types of connections that are still popular and used by computers. Out of which many are compatible with a simple adaptor and the others need converters for connection.
It is the most widely used and its cables are simple and easy to adaptable. Its cables are sold in larger computer-related stores and online.
It is the first digital format available to computers to connect with monitors. These are rarely available on laptops but they may present on many desktops. It can be connected to HDMI via an adapter or a cable directly.
It is not a digital format it is an analog format. For connecting this you need a special converter box.
These are rarely present on computers but commonly found on other devices like Old Televisions, DVD players, etc. It is also an analog format that requires a special type of converter box.
It is used by Apple Mac; it requires an adapter or dongle to use HDMI cable.
It also requires an adapter or dongle as it is also used by Apple Mac.
Connecting the Laptop to an HDMI / Switch to HDMI On Laptop
- Switch to HDMI On Laptop, You must need an HDMI cable, if you have that already then skip this step.
- Brings the Laptop and the external device near so that the HDMI cable is reachable to both the devices.
- Now insert the one end of the HDMI cable into the Laptop’s HDMI port. If you are using an adapter then connect the appropriate adapter to your Laptop then connect your HDMI cable.
- Now connect the other plug of HDMI cable to the device it may be Monitor, Television, or Projector.
- Both the devices should be powered on. If you are using a TV as an external device then set the HDMI 1, which means the HDMI input port.
- Now the connected device will display the output from the Laptop
But sometimes the external device may not display then do the following settings.
Sometimes the PC will not able to detect the display, so we have to manually do this.
- Right-click on anywhere on the desktop and select Display settings
- Now it shows here the connected device display, if it does not show then click on Detect button.
- Here your computer will show 2 displays one is it’s own and the other is the connected device’s display.
- After the displays have been detected click on identify to determine which screen is which.
- The assigned number of screens will be displayed on the screen.
- Now the computer had two displays you have to choose how to handle the second display.
- Select the display which represents your external device from the Display menu.
- Now click on the Multiple Displays heading by scrolling down.
Here there are two options; Duplicate desktop or extend the desktop to this display, from these two you have to choose how would you like to display on the external screen.
- Duplicate Desktop – It is mostly used for getting a bigger display. By choosing this option on both the devices your laptop and external device ( TV / Projector). A duplicate screen appears that means the same image on both the device will appear. It is mainly used for presentations where you want other people to view the screen in a bigger size.
- Extend Desktop to this display – By choosing this option your work area of the desktop will expand on both screens. It is most commonly used for multi-tasking with the help of this you can open two browsers or programs in different displays.
Generally, when it is directly connected without any error, the external device shows a duplicate screen.
Many users still face problem that their HDMI Port is not working?
What to do if HDMI Port is not working?
So, there are many reasons besides this problem.
CHECK THE CONFIGURATION OF DISPLAY SETTINGS
We have already discussed how to set the options of display and if your PC is unable to detect this then how to detect the other external device. So, read carefully the above-mentioned paragraph to solve this problem.
Reconnect the cable and restart
If the above method can not solve your issue then reconnect the HDMI cable again and restart your PC this will surely help you again.
This is another reason for causing this type of problem. To solve this problem, update or install the graphic drivers which are being necessary for the PC. You can either download it or sometimes it installed automatically.
Sometimes there may be problem in hardware also so you can check your HDMI Cable or port both as may be there some issue in these things.
For solving the most frequent query of users we came with this article in which we tell how to Switch to HDMI On Laptop. In this article, we provide a step-by-step guide to the users and also discuss what are the issues you face while connecting any external device to the HDMI. If you face any issues then also we provide you a guide to overcome these issues and enjoy the HDMI service with any external Device.
You may also like: