Imagine at home you are watching your favorite series on your AppleTV, and you find out that your TV is not turning on, at this situation what do you do? The Apple TV is, without a doubt, one of the best media streaming boxes available.
Many people are scratching their heads, unclear of what to do as a result of this. But don’t get frustrated at all and don’t lose hope. You can get your TV back up and running in no time.
Sometimes my Apple TV stopped responding and I tried everything but could not turn on the TV. But, I researched and came to know how to fix the problems. Today, I am sharing some methods with you to fix your TV.
What are the Reasons that your Apple TV Won’t Turn On
The reasons an Apple TV won’t turn on are power, cables, and connections. These are easy to test for. It is possible the Apple TV has a software problem. That can be fixed.
Methods to Fix an Apple TV That Won’t Turn On
You can try these given methods to fix the issue
Method 1: Troubleshoot
To begin troubleshooting your Apple TV, locate the indicator light. The small LED is on the front of the Apple TV. The status of the light is a guide to the likely problem and fix.
This light is the most important factor in determining what measures you’ll need to take to fix your TV if it won’t switch on.
Check whether the TV is plugged into a power outlet before continuing. If it’s plugged in, unplug it and re-plug it. It’s possible that the Apple TV is frozen, and doing so will free it.
Method 2: How to Turn on Apple TV If the Light is Flashing
Observe the state of the indicator light when you’re asking yourself, “Why won’t my Apple TV turn on?” If the light flashes for more than a minute, it’s possible that your TV isn’t turning on due to a software problem.
You may have to restore the software through iTunes on your Mac or PC. This software restore process will remove every saved content on your Apple TV.
If your TV is in 4k, you may be unable to restore it by yourself at home. A technician at your local Apple store is in a better position to help you and fix it for you.
The procedure for restoring your Apple TV’s software from iTunes is outlined below.
Step 1. Remove the Apple TV’s power cord and an HDMI cable from the back.
Step 2. From your PC or Mac, open the most recent iTunes version.
Step 3. Connect your computer to your TV with the appropriate connection and port.
Step 4. A Micro-USB cable will work with earlier Apple TVs, whereas a USB-C cable will function with the 4th generation of Apple TVs.
Step 5. You’ll see an Apple TV icon in the top-left corner of the iTunes app; pick it.
Step 6. To begin the recovery procedure, select “Restore Apple TV.”
Step 7 Disconnect your Apple TV from your computer and plug it back into a power outlet to turn it on after the process is complete.
Method 3: What If the Light is Steady?
If the condition of your Apple TV’s indicator light is stable but it still won’t switch on, the television may have acquired a problem. Any of the ways listed below will turn on your television.
1. Check which port of your TV the HDMI cable is plugged into at the back of the television to see if it’s on the right HDMI input.
2. To force-refresh, the signal, disconnect the HDMI cable from your TV and then reconnect them.
3. Disconnect and reconnect your TV from the power source to force the machine to reset.
4. If the HDMI cable you’re using isn’t working, try a different one.
5. Change to another HDMI cable if the one you are using is damaged.
Method 4: If No Light is Flashing on the TV
- After a minute, unplug the Apple TV’s power cord and re-plug it.
- The Apple TV power cord is hooked into a different power socket.
- To see if the problem is with your power cord, try using a different one.
- If none of the previous methods work, connect your TV to a computer to recover it.
Method 5: Are You Having Problems with the Siri Remote
Most people have shown dissatisfaction with the new Siri Remote, with the majority of issues centered on speed and navigation. Unfortunately, the remote’s sensitivity cannot be treated.
However, if the trackpad is too sensitive for you, you may adjust it by navigating to Settings, Remotes and Devices, Touch Surface Tracking, and choosing your preferred speed. You have three options Slow, Medium, and Quick speed.
If your Siri Remote isn’t working with your Apple TV, attempt a factory reset via USB cable.
Connect the remote to iTunes and use the program to do the Factory Reset.
Check to see if your remote is fully charged and that there are no obstructions between the remote and your Apple TV.
Method 6: Fix “Apple TV Won’t Turn on” Without Losing Data
Fixppo is the app to use if your Apple TV won’t power on and you don’t want to lose your data by using the system recovery option. iMyFone Fixppo is an app that can help you repair a variety of iOS-related issues while keeping your data safe.
There are three modes in which you can use this software: Standard Mode, Exit/Enter Recovery Mode, and Advanced Mode. If you choose Standard Mode your data on the apple will be safe.
Here are some of the benefits of using iMyFone Fixppo:
- Almost all Apple TV issues may be resolved, including Apple TV stuck on Apple log, black or white screen, recovery mode/DFU mode, and so on.
- Fixppo can help with Apple TV troubles as well as iPhone or iPad problems.
- Famous media sites such as Makeuseof, Macworld, and Cult of Mac have all used this program.
To fix a TV that won’t power on without losing data, use standard mode.
1: On the iMyFone Fixppo Software’s homepage, pick the standard mode.
2: Connect the TV to your computer and click the Next button after selecting Standard Mode.
3: Download the firmware to your computer. It will recognize your device model and display the various firmware versions available for your TV. Select the TV version you want to download and click it. Make sure that your TVOS version is the most recent on the firmware download page. If this is not the case, you will need to download the most recent version.
4: It will validate the firmware and extract the program after downloading it before attempting to cure the problem.
5: To avoid compatibility difficulties, click the Start button after making sure you have the newest OS on your Apple TV. In most cases, if the OS does not match the firmware, the issue will not be fixed.
It does not take too long to complete the procedure. You need to keep your TV turned on while following the process.
Method-7: Restore Apple TV
If the light on your Apple TV has been flashing for more than three minutes, you should restore the device. If you see a triangle warning on your TV screen, you should restore your TV. This method is a little time-consuming because you’ll need a USB Type-C or MicroUSB cable.
- Remove the HDMI cable as well as the power cord.
- iTunes should now be open.
- Connect your Apple TV’s USB-C cable to the rear of the device (4th Gen). You’ll need a Micro-USB cable if you’re working with the 2nd or 3rd generation.
- Connect the other end of the cord to your computer’s USB port.
- Connect the power cord to the wall if you’re using an Apple TV 3rd or 4th generation. For the Apple TV 2nd generation, disconnect the device.
- Following the computer’s recognition of your Apple TV, iTunes will display a ‘Summary’ screen.
- On the Summary screen, click the “Restore Apple TV” button.
- Reconnect the Apple TV to your television once the restore is complete.
- It’s important that you don’t unhook any of the wires connected to your TV throughout the restoration process. This will ensure that the procedure goes without a problem.
Method 8: Try to Reset
A simple reset may fix all of the troubles that you’re having from time to time. This can be done either through the Apple TV’s Settings panel or with the supplied Remote.
For the 4K TV, or ATV (4th Generation), follow these steps:
For the Apple TV 4K, or ATV (4th Generation), follow these steps:
- Restart your TV by going to the Settings option, and then clicking on the System option.
- And then click on the Restart option.
- For the 2nd or 3rd Generation Apple TV.
- Restart by going to Settings options.
- Click on the option of General, and then select the Restart option.
Of course, none of the above-mentioned ways are useful if you can’t see anything on your television. Apple has incorporated a feature that allows you to restart your TV using the remote control.
Use the Siri Remote or the Apple TV Remote, and follow these steps:
- Keep the Home and Menu keys pressed. When the light on your ATV starts to flash, let go.
- For the Apple Remote (aluminum or white).
- Keep the Menu and Down buttons pressed.
Unfortunately, if a restart doesn’t clear the cobwebs, you’ll have to restore your TV.
Although this is not the ideal circumstance, it is possible to get everything to function without having to contact an Apple technician.
You may also like:
- How To Stream Firestick On Airplay?
- Turn Your Non-Smart TV Into a Smart TV?
- How to Mirror iPhone to TV without Apple TV?
In conclusion, if you’re experiencing difficulties turning on your Apple TV, there are a few simple solutions you can try. Start by checking the power source, resetting the remote, and resetting the device itself.
If none of this work, seek professional assistance. With a bit of troubleshooting, you can quickly and easily get your Apple TV up and running again, allowing you to continue enjoying your favorite shows and movies.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
Q: What should I do if my Apple TV won’t turn on?
Start by checking the power source, ensuring that the power cable is plugged in correctly and the outlet is functioning correctly.
Q: How do I check if the power source is the issue?
Try plugging in another device to the outlet to ensure that it is working correctly.
Q: How can I reset my Apple TV remote?
Press and hold the Menu and Volume Up buttons on the remote simultaneously for several seconds to reset it.
Q: How do I reset my Apple TV itself?
Disconnect the power cord from the back of the device, wait for about 10 seconds, and then plug it back in.
Q: What should I do if none of the solutions work?
Contact Apple Support or take the device to an Apple Store for professional assistance.
Q: Can I fix a hardware issue myself?
It is not recommended to attempt to fix a hardware issue yourself. Seek professional assistance from Apple Support or an authorized repair center.
Q: How can I contact Apple Support?
You can contact Apple Support through their website, by phone, or through the Apple Support app.
Q: What are some common reasons for an Apple TV not turning on?
The power source may be the issue, the remote may need resetting, or there may be a software or hardware issue.
Q: How often do I need to replace the batteries in my remote?
It depends on usage, but it is recommended to replace the batteries every six months to a year.
Q: Will resetting my Apple TV erase all of my settings and content?
No, resetting your Apple TV will only erase the device’s settings and not your content.