The Apple TV is, without a doubt, one of the best media streaming boxes available. However, this does not rule out the possibility of problems arising from time to time.
The fresh new Apple TV is without a doubt the best of the bunch. With features like universal search, a revamped remote, apps, and Siri, the TV has managed to entice people in its latest incarnation, hasn’t it?
My Apple TV abruptly stopped responding a couple of days ago. I tried everything I could think of, but it wouldn’t turn on. But, just when I was beginning to wonder what had gone wrong, one of my friends offered a few tactics that, thankfully, fixed the problem.
The fact that your TV has become unresponsive is one such issue that has been surfacing. Many people are left scratching their heads, unclear of what to do as a result of this.
Tips To Turn On Apple TV If It Won’t Turn On
You can try one of these given methods to fix the issue
To troubleshoot an Apple TV that won’t switch on, look for the indicator light, which is a little LED on the front of the device.
This light is the most important factor in determining what measures you’ll need to take to fix your TV if it won’t switch on. As a result, follow the next five actions listed below.
Check to see that your TV is plugged into a power outlet before continuing. If it’s plugged in, unplug it and re-plug it. It’s possible that the Apple TV is frozen, and doing so will unfreeze it.
Method-2: How to Turn on Apple TV If the Light is Flashing
Keep an eye on the state of the indicator light when you’re asking yourself, “Why won’t my Apple TV turn on?” If the light flashes for more than a minute, it’s possible that your TV isn’t turning on due to a software problem.
It’s possible that you’ll have to restore the software using iTunes on your Mac or PC. Every saved material on your TV will be deleted during the software restore procedure.
You might not be able to repair your Apple TV at home if it’s an Apple 4k TV. A technician at your local Apple shop will be able to help you more quickly.
The procedure for restoring your Apple TV’s software from iTunes is outlined below.
- Remove the Apple TV’s power cord and an HDMI cable from the back.
- From your PC or Mac, open the most recent iTunes version.
- Connect your computer to your TV with the appropriate connection and port.
- A Micro-USB cable will work with earlier Apple TVs, whereas a USB-C cable will function with the 4th generation of Apple TVs.
- You’ll see an Apple TV icon in the top-left corner of the iTunes app; pick it.
- To begin the recovery procedure, select “Restore Apple TV.”
- Disconnect your Apple TV from your computer and plug it back into a power outlet to turn it on after the process is complete.
Method-3: What If the Light is Steady?
If the condition of your Apple TV’s indicator light is stable but it still won’t switch on, the television may have acquired a problem. Any of the ways listed below will turn on your television.
- Check which port of your TV the HDMI cable is plugged into at the back of the television to see if it’s on the right HDMI input.
- To force-refresh, the signal, disconnect HDMI cable from your TV and then reconnect them.
- Disconnect and reconnect your TV from the power source to force the machine to reset.
- If the HDMI cable you’re using isn’t working, try a different one.
Method-4: If No Light is Flashing on the TV
- After a minute, unplug the Apple TV’s power cord and re-plug it.
- The Apple TV power cord is hooked into a different power socket.
- To see if the problem is with your power cord, try using a different one.
- If none of the previous methods work, connect your TV to a computer to recover it.
Method-5: Are You Having Problems with the Siri Remote
Many individuals have expressed dissatisfaction with the new Siri Remote, with the majority of issues centered on speed and navigation. Unfortunately, the remote’s sensitivity cannot be altered.
However, if the trackpad is too sensitive for you, you may adjust it by navigating to Settings, Remotes and Devices, Touch Surface Tracking, and choosing your preferred speed. Slow, medium and quick are the three-speed possibilities.
If your Siri Remote isn’t working with your Apple TV, attempt a factory reset via USB cable. Connect the remote to iTunes and use the program to do the Factory Reset.
Check to see if your remote is fully charged and that there are no obstructions between the remote and your Apple TV.
Method-6: Fix “Apple TV Won’t Turn on” Without Losing Data
Fixppo is the app to use if your Apple TV won’t power on and you don’t want to lose your data by using the system recovery option. iMyFone Fixppo is an app that can help you repair a variety of iOS-related issues while keeping your data safe.
There are three modes in which you can use this software: Standard Mode, Exit/Enter Recovery Mode, and Advanced Mode. If you choose Standard Mode your data on the apple will be safe.
Here are some of the benefits of using iMyFone Fixppo:
- Almost all Apple TV issues may be resolved, including Apple TV stuck on Apple log, black/white screen, recovery mode/DFU mode, and so on.
- Fixppo can help with Apple TV troubles as well as iPhone/iPad problems.
- Famous media sites such as Makeuseof, Macworld, and Cult of Mac have all endorsed this program.
To fix a TV that won’t power on without losing data, use standard mode.
Step-1: On the iMyFone Fixppo Software’s homepage, pick the standard option.
Step-2: Connect the Apple TV to your computer and click the Next button after selecting Standard Mode above.
Step-3: Save the firmware to your computer. It will recognize your device model and display the various firmware versions available for your Apple TV. Select the TV version you want to download and click it.
However, you must ensure that your TVOS version is the most recent on the firmware download page. If this is not the case, you will need to download the most recent version.
Step-4: It will validate the firmware and extract the program after downloading it before attempting to cure the problem.
Step-5: To avoid compatibility difficulties, click the Start button after making sure you have the newest OS on your Apple TV. In most cases, if the OS does not match the firmware, the issue will not be resolved.
It takes only a few minutes to complete the procedure. You need to keep your TV turned on while following the procedure.
Method-7: Restore Apple TV
If the light on your ATV has been flashing for more than three minutes, you should restore the device. If you see a triangle warning on your TV screen, you should restore your Apple TV. This method is a little time-consuming because you’ll need a USB Type-C or MicroUSB cable.
- Remove the HDMI cable as well as the power cord.
- iTunes should now be open.
- Connect your Apple TV’s USB-C cable to the rear of the device (4th Gen). You’ll need a Micro-USB cable if you’re working with the 2nd or 3rd generation.
- Connect the other end of the cord to your computer’s USB port.
- Connect the power cord to the wall if you’re using an Apple TV 3rd or 4th generation. For the Apple TV 2nd generation, disconnect the device
- Following the computer’s recognition of your Apple TV, iTunes will display a ‘Summary’ screen.
- On the Summary screen, click the “Restore Apple TV” button.
- Reconnect the Apple TV to your television once the restore is complete.
It’s critical that you don’t unhook any of the wires connected to your ATV throughout the restoration procedure. This will ensure that the procedure goes without a hitch.
Method-8: Try to Reset
A simple reset may fix all of the troubles that you’re having from time to time. This can be done either through the ATV’s Settings panel or with the supplied Remote.
For the Apple TV 4K, or ATV (4th Generation), follow these steps:
- Restart your tv by going to the Settings option, and then click on the System option.
- And then click on the Restart option.
- For the 2nd or 3rd Generation Apple TV:
- Restart by going to Settings options.
- Click on the option of General, and then select the Restart option.
Of course, none of the aforementioned ways are useful if you can’t see anything on your television.
However, Apple has incorporated a feature that allows you to restart your ATV using the provided remote.
- To use the Siri Remote or the Apple TV Remote, follow these steps:
- Keep the Home and Menu keys pressed. When the light on your ATV starts to flash, let go.
- For the Apple Remote (aluminum or white):
- Keep the Menu and Down buttons pressed. When the light on your ATV starts to flash, let go.
- Unfortunately, if a restart doesn’t clear the cobwebs, you’ll have to restore your TV.
- Although this is not the ideal circumstance, it is possible to get everything to function without having to contact Apple.
You may also like:
- How To Stream Firestick On Airplay?
- Turn Your Non-Smart TV Into a Smart TV?
- How to Mirror iPhone to TV without Apple TV?
We hope that this post was helpful and that Apple TV not turning on is no longer a problem for you. The adjustments will undoubtedly assist you in getting out of your predicament.
Tenorshare ReiBoot is also a highly recommended tool for learning how to fix a television that won’t switch on.
Please let us know how much you enjoyed reading this post and if it provided you with any useful information. Thank you for taking the time to read this!