If you are facing a network issue in your iPhone and your iPhone won’t connect to a wifi network, then you need to reset network settings on iPhone. You won’t be happy if your iPhone is only good for taking out mirror selfies and showing off. There will be no use to your iPhone if you are not able to fulfill your daily requirements from it.
This mainly happens when you have network issues and are not able to connect with the internet and other devices. You are not able to do anything like surfing different web pages, working on different applications, sending emails, getting directions, listening to music, having facetime with loved ones, and many more.
This can be the most annoying thing in today’s world where your iPhone is not able to access the internet. It shows that your phone is connected to the internet but still data doesn’t flow. It means that your phone is facing networking issues.
Before you reset network settings on your iPhone you must know what is network setting and what things you should keep in mind before doing so.
What is the network setting and what things will get affected if you reset?
The network setting of your iPhone includes a lot of things like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, VPN, and cellular connections. Let us see all of them in detail.
Wi-Fi Networks and passwords
If you reset your network settings all your saved Wi-Fi networks along with their password will be erased for once. You have to enter all your Wi-Fi details all over again to connect with the network. Make sure that you know the password so you don’t have trouble reconnecting with your Wi-Fi networks.
Wi-Fi passwords that are saved in the iCloud keychain are also deleted if you reset your network settings. If you don’t want that to happen, simply turn off the keychain before resetting the network setting. And after resetting the login to your keychain you will find your password there.
Read More: 10 Best GPS Apps For iPhone Without Internet
All your Bluetooth connections from the various devices will be removed as soon as you reset your network settings. It will forget all the Bluetooth devices which were paired earlier. If you want to connect with them, you have to pair them again manually.
VPN stands for the virtual private network. Resetting your network settings will affect VPN settings also. It will delete all VPN information such as server name, password, VPN type, etc.
In cellular settings preferred mobile network type in-network, selection modes get affected if you reset the network settings. Although it will have no effect on SMS phone calls and other traditional telephonic services.
Try This Before Resetting Your iPhone Network Settings
Resetting the network setting would mean bringing all the network-related settings to the base state (the factory state). It will work like your phone is new with no customized setting of your own.
The network settings of your iPhone regulate how the device connects to both Wi-Fi and the cellular network. So before you reset your iPhone network setting you should know what the issue is. So you can diagnose it correctly. Resetting your settings will reset all your Wi-Fi and cellular settings.
So before making the decision you should try these remedies; maybe they can help you get your issue fixed.
#1. Switch on and off the Airplane mode
The airplane mode disconnects your phone with Wi-Fi and cellular networks. So all you need to do is turn it on for a while and see if your issue gets fixed or not. Follow the following steps to do so:
- Select Settings on your iPhone.
- Slide the slider next to airplane mode to the right. You will see the green which indicates that airplane mode is on and wi-fi is off.
- Wait for a minute or so and then turn off the airplane mode by sliding the slider to the left.
- The wi-fi will be on again. Check if it works fine now.
Read More: How To Stream Firestick On Airplay?
#2. Reboot your iPhone
If the above trick doesn’t work then you should try rebooting your iPhone. It refreshes your phone. Follow these to do so:
- Press the power button for a few seconds. If this doesn’t work try pressing the Power button and a volume button to turn off the iPhone.
- To turn off your phone, move the slide to power off the slider.
- After your phone gets shut down completely you need to press the power button for a few seconds until the Apple logo appears in front of you.
- Now restart your phone by entering the passcode.
- See if your issue is resolved now.
#3. Reconnect to your wi-fi network
Simply reconnecting to your wi-fi network can help all you need to do is forget your network and connect to it again.
- Click on settings and then open wi-fi settings. Now you will see the name of the network to which your phone is connected.
- On the right-hand side of the network name, you will find a symbol like I in a circle.
- Tap on the symbol and then hit forget this network.
- Tap on forget to confirm your action and forget the network.
- This will make your phone disconnect from the network and now you will be able to see the various available wireless network around you.
- Click on the network to which you want to connect to and enter the password to join the network.
- See if your connectivity works fine now.
Read More: 10+ Best Animation Apps For Android & IOS
Reset Network Settings On iPhone
- Click on the Settings app on your iPhone and open it.
- Now hit the “General” tab and Open the “General” menu.
- Scroll down all the way to the bottom and hit the “Reset” button.
- It will give you multiple options to reset the various aspects of the operating system. You have to choose the network setting option.
- So hit the “Reset Network Settings” button.
- If asked, enter your password.
Reset will make your phone restart which can take up some moments. And now when your phone will restart it will have no issues related to network connectivity. As it is as good as new. You can set all your settings from the start now.
Read More: 5 Best Free iPhone Apps For Students
In the end
We hope that your issue is resolved till now and you found the article helpful. After reading this article you will know what is network setting, what things it includes, what will happen if you reset it and how to reset it.
Keep reading, keep growing.