In this article, I explained how to reset network settings on iPhone. You can use this information on any version of the iPhone. An internet connection is important to many iPhone’s functions and features such as sending emails and checking the weather forecast.
By any chance, if it seems that your iPhone is not able to catch the internet connection, even if it looks like it is connected properly to WiFi or mobile data now it’s time to reset the network settings on your iPhone.
Before resetting the network settings, you should know what is the network settings on an iPhone and what happens when you reset the network settings on your iPhone.
What is the network setting and what things will get affected if you reset
Resetting network settings will remove all kinds of internet and network-related information & data stored on your iPhone such as WiFi Networks, Passwords, Paired Bluetooth Connections, Cellular networks, and VPN settings.
First, note down, that the resetting network is different from a factory reset, the last of which deletes all of your files and data. This is basically done when you merchandise your old iPhone with a new one.
With a resetting network, your files and all kinds of data are conserved, also your web browser data and mobile carrier information.
Read More: How To Share Battery On iPhone
What you should try before resetting network settings
Resetting the network means bringing all the network-related settings to the factory state. It will work like your phone is new as it was used before without any customization setting.
The network settings of your iPhone regulate how the device connects to both Wi-Fi and the cellular network. So before you reset your iPhone network you need to know what the issue is occurring. Thus you will be able to resolve it correctly.
So before resetting, you should try these methods, maybe they can help you get your issue fixed.
#1. Turn on and off the Airplane mode
The airplane mode disconnects your phone from Wi-Fi and cellular networks. So all you need to do is turn it on for a while and see if your issue has gone. Follow the given steps to do so:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Slide the slider next to airplane mode to the right. You will see the green which indicates that airplane mode is ON and wi-fi is OFF.
- Wait for a few seconds and then turn off the airplane mode by sliding the slider to the left.
- The wifi will be automatically on again. Check whether it works correctly or not.
Read More: How Much Does It Cost For An iPhone Battery
#2. Reboot your iPhone
If the above method doesn’t work then you should try rebooting your iPhone. It will refresh your iPhone. Just follow these:
- Press and hold the power button for a few seconds. If it doesn’t work try pressing the Power button and a volume button to turn off the iPhone.
- To switch off your phone, move the slide to power off the slider.
- After your phone gets shut down completely you need to press the power button for a few seconds until the Apple logo appears in front of you.
- Now restart your iPhone by entering the password.
#3. Reconnect to your wi-fi network
Simply reconnecting to your wi-fi network can help all you need to do is forget your network and reconnect it.
- Open the settings and then tap on wi-fi settings. Now you will see the name of the network to which your phone is connected.
- On the right-hand side of the network name, you will find a symbol like I in a circle.
- Tap on the symbol and then click forget this network.
- Tap on forget to confirm your action and forget the network.
- This will make your phone disconnect from the network and now you will be able to see the various available wireless network around you.
- Click on the network to which you want to connect to and enter the password to join the network.
- See if your connectivity works correctly now.
Reset Network Settings On iPhone
To reset network settings on your iPhone, you will follow the steps that I have mentioned below:
- Open the settings app on your iPhone.
- In the settings app, click on General Option.
- Scroll down the screen, there you will get the option of Reset, Tap on it.
- Click on Reset Network Settings.
- On the prompt screen, Enter your password.
- Tap on Reset Network Settings again.
Reset will make your phone restart which can take up some moments. And now when your phone will restart it will have no issues related to network connectivity. As it is as good as new. You can set all your settings from the start now.
- How To Pin And Unpin Message On iPhone
- How To Fix iPhone Charging Problems
- 5 Best Free iPhone Apps For Students
Resetting the network problem quickly solves internet connectivity issues and other problems of iPhone as well. This is so easy and quick method to troubleshoot many problems as it comes to its default setting after resetting.
If you have any other queries related to this article then ask in the comment section, and I’ll reply to you as soon as possible.
Also, kindly share your reviews with us or you can share more information as well.
Thank You for spending quality time with us.