Are you a business owner or do you want to start a business? If your answer is yes, then the Facebook marketplace is the best choice to sell online because it is very easy to use, anybody can sell without much effort.
I am sure you already have a Facebook account, if not sign up to Facebook by visiting www.facebook.com. Before that let’s read the benefits of the FB marketplace in depth. And how to promote or buy or sell your goods or services on Facebook Marketplace.
How does the Facebook marketplace work and how it benefits your business?
This marketplace is similar to other eCommerce sites like eBay, Amazon, Walmart, etc where merchants list their products to sell online. The key difference between other eCommerce marketplace and FB marketplace is that eCommerce sites charge you listing fees and for other features but you can sell on Facebook Marketplace for free of cost, there is no listing fee for the sellers.
FB Marketplace allows buyers to find what they are looking for by filtering the location, brand name, price, category, and product name. So sellers can reach the customer from where they already are.
Read More: Why my Facebook Account is Disabled?
Benefits and features of Facebook Marketplace:
There are a lot of benefits to selling online. In the 21st-century people have a habit to buy items or services online. Buying or selling online comes under the eCommerce industry and this eCommerce is growing rapidly year by year and now it has reached 4 trillion dollars. According to experts, the eCommerce industry will reach 7 trillion dollars by 2023.
So every individual or business must sell their goods online if they want to make money online just by sitting at home or at the office.
These are the features and benefits of the FB marketplace:
- The FB marketplace is completely Free: No hidden fees to sell or buy products or services.
- Anyone can use Marketplace: People around the world, be it individuals or businesses, can use FB marketplace to buy or sell items, and chat over Messenger. The only thing required for sellers or for buyers is accepting their Commerce Policies (which includes what you can sell on Facebook) and Community Standards (such as images and descriptions).
- Brand awareness: People can increase their brand awareness locally as well as globally.
- Advertise: Individual or businesses can advertise their shop or item on this marketplace in a reasonable price.
- Create Facebook Shop: Create your own online store with a Facebook shop for free.
- Connect Facebook page with the marketplace: Display new or refurbished items from your Facebook Page shop on Marketplace for free.
- Create an event: Increase your audience and discovery by creating and promoting an event through your Facebook Page.
- Post Job offers: Find the right candidate for your business using job posts on Facebook Pages.
- Create offers: Increase your sales by posting and promoting discounts with Facebook Offers.
Product Categories to sell on Facebook:
- Property Rental
- Free stuff
- Garden & Outdoor
- Home Goods
- House Improvement supplies
- Home sales
- Musical instruments
- Office supplies
- Pet supplies
- Sporting goods
- Toys & Games
How to sign up or log in to Facebook Marketplace?
If you already hold an account with Facebook then:
- Enter your mobile number or email address and password.
- And then Click on “Login” to log in to your Facebook account.
If you don’t have an account with Facebook then
- Click on “Create New Account”.
- Enter your name, mobile number, or email address, choose your password, date of birth, and Gender.
- Once you enter all the fields click on “Sign Up”.
- After you sign up you can avail all the features of Facebook like upload your profile picture, cover photo, and describe yourself
Once you logged in to your Facebook account, click on “Marketplace” located on the left side of your screen if you are using a desktop else click on the Marketplace icon from your mobile application or browser located at the top of the page.
Now you can scroll to buy or for window shopping by filtering location, and category, and also add your listed items to the cart. If you would like to sell items then you must go a few steps more to know how to list the products.
After you tap on the marketplace, click on “Your account”.
If you are a new user then click on “create your listing” to list the products. List your products with a few details like:
- Choose your listing.
- Product title.
- Set the price.
- Product description.
- Add up to 10 images for one product at least 1 image required.
- Select your location.
Now you have successfully listed the product to sell on the Facebook marketplace.
You can log in or create your account in the same way by using a separate Facebook marketplace app which needs to be downloaded from your app store or apple store.
Best Tips to sell goods on Facebook Marketplace:
Everyone out there is aware that among all social media apps, Facebook has the highest active users all around the globe but have you ever thought about how you can utilize those users for your benefit. Well, in 2016 Facebook started Facebook marketplace as an eCommerce website to sell local items at retail prices. It shipped goods to each part of the world and is the cheapest of all. Here, I will tell you tips and tricks on how you can take the best possible advantage of the Facebook marketplace by selling effectively.
1. List your products accurately
The first and foremost thing you need to understand as a seller is the importance of product listing. Just like on any eCommerce website, Accurate Listing provides complete and detailed information about the product you are listing.
Also optimizing the listing option effectively will make your product visible to the other customers as well as it is more likely to be clicked and sold.
Make sure the new listing title and description include all the relevant keywords as possible as it will help you improve your SEO. This will help your product to appear in front of the user and they won’t have difficulty reaching your product. Use appropriate words while listing and don’t forget to prove your listing once done.
2. Communication is the key
Whenever you get a DM about your product from a customer, don’t assume a conversation was an exclusive one only. If you’ve been in this business or seen other sellers, you might know that you should never be rude to your customer, especially when they are the ones asking first.
Inform the customer regarding the product detail and ensure transparency between you. This way your customers will build loyalty towards you and it will clearly affect your sales.
2. Set a reasonable selling price for the product
Whenever selling products on a physical shop or an online e-commerce Marketplace like Facebook, selling price plays an effective role. I know, everyone out there is profit-oriented but it does not mean you will set whatever price you want.
Generally, to decide the price of a product, look at the competitor’s price first and then frame your price accordingly.
4. Ensure the quality of pictures
People always tend to purchase what looks good. For instance, even though your products are of great quality, if your pictures aren’t good enough to make them look perfect, then quick selling must be hard my friend.
To avoid this kind of circumstances, Take a look below:
- Always have a clear/plain background.
- Have a proper focus on the product.
- Use natural lighting, if not possible make use of all the lights in a room
- Take pictures from several angles to provide a complete picture.
- Taking pictures from a DSLR will be the cherry on the cake.
5. Know what to sell
This is the moral principle to know what to sell and where. You cannot sell anything anywhere you wish. Like on the Facebook marketplace, some things are prohibited to sell as per the terms and conditions of the site. Items like Tobacco, Alcohol, Liquor, Pets and animals, drugs, medicines, cosmetics, and weapons are strictly prohibited to sell on the Facebook marketplace.
Other Key tips to sell fast on facebook
6. Join Facebook groups to promote your products for free.
7. Create ads using Facebook managers to promote your business locally or globally.
8. Create a Facebook shop page
9. Deliver the products within 7 days, your customer likes to have the item as soon as possible, preferably within 48-72 hours.
Read More: Facebook Marketplace FAQs
Congratulations now you have got to know how to sign up and sell on the Facebook marketplace. So what are you waiting for, just log in to Facebook and start your online business or buy your favorite products in your nearest location?
This way you can create or increase your brand awareness very easily and people can buy the listed products from their nearest location.
Let’s understand how one can save time with Fb Marketplace, Let’s assume you are riding a car and you are hungry.
Now you want to order some food or want to visit a nearby dine-in restaurant, then you simply open your Facebook account and click on the marketplace.
You will find what you want in your nearest location in a fraction of a minute by searching your need and filtering as per your convenience.
This way you can directly park your car in the food court parking area. Else you may end up searching for the restaurant nearby for at least 15 minutes on the roads.
This marketplace is a wonderful platform with a larger audience for both businesses and individuals to buy or sell on the Facebook marketplace easily.