The Play Station5 abbreviated as PS5 is developed by Sony Interactive Entertainment and is an upcoming home video game console. Announced in 2019 because of the successor to the PlayStation 4, it’s scheduled to launch in late 2020. The platform is anticipated to launch in two varieties, as a base PlayStation 5 system incorporating an Ultra HD Blu-ray compatible optical disk drive for retail game support alongside digital distribution via the PlayStation Store, and a lower-cost Digital variant lacking the disk drive while retaining digital download support.
What are the Specifications of Playstation 5
- CPU: 8x Zen 2 Cores at 3.5 GHz with Zen @ based CPU.
- GPU Architecture: Custom RDNA 2
- GPU: 36 CUs at 2.23 GHz, 10.28 TFLOPs
- Interface/ Memory: 256-bit/ 16 GB GDDR6\
- Internal Storage: Custom 825 GB SSD
- Memory Bandwidth: 448GB/s
- IO Throughput: 5.5GB/s (Raw), Typical 8-9GB/s (Compressed)
- Expandable Storage: NVMe SSD Slot
- External Storage: USB HDD Support
- Optical Drive(optional): 4K UHD Blu-ray Drive
What are the Features of Playstation 5
- Gamers would be experiencing high-quality 3D audio effects with their wired headphones or speakers with new custom Head-related Transfer Function (HRTF) maps features.
- As per the storage, it’ll have a custom internal storage of 825GB SSD which may be further expanded to the NVMe SSD slot.
- With ray tracing that’s the new advanced light technology that helps to more improve the gaming graphics and helps to seem it more realistic.
- PlayStation 5 has an ultra-high-speed SSD drive for streaming data at high speed which improves the gaming experience.
- Some popular games which will be played are Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Horizon Forbidden West, Gran Turismo 7, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Returnal, Project Asia, GhostWire: Tokyo, Hitman 3, Dying Light 2, Godfall, Lord Of The Rings: Gollum, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and more within the gaming list.
- With current PS5’s AMD 8x Zen 2 Cores at 3.5GHz processor, we will expect significant CPU performance as compared with PS4’s 8x Jaguar Cores at 1.6GHz.
- It has a DualSense Wireless Controller featured with haptic feedback and dynamic trigger effects which will provide a good gaming experience.
- PlayStation 5(PS5) is going to be launched with 4 new accessories that aren’t yet confirmed that it’ll be available in India.
Accessories Come with Playstation 5
- DualSense charging Station
- PlayStation Camera adaptor
- HD Camera
- Media remote
- Pulse 3D wireless handset
- DualSence wireless controller
Here are the extraordinary games from PlayStation studios:
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Gran TurismoTM 7
- Horizon Forbidden West
The expected price of PS5 is 50,000 to 60,6000. This generation’s consoles are getting to be a touch costlier than their predecessors. it’s speculated that the PS5 will cost around 400–450 USD for the Digital Version and 500–550 USD for the model with a Blu-Ray writer.
550 USD translates to 41,237 INR on the date of scripting this, but a bit like all the previous consoles we’ll add 10,000 INR to urge the expected launch price in India which is nearly 50,000 INR.
For context, PS4 launched for 399 USD = 29,911 INR as of scripting this and its launch price in India was 39,990 INR.
Some people have mentioned that the PS5 Controller, called DualSense, goes to possess haptic feedback and adaptive triggers, and is that the main reason for the worth jump. Well, to be honest, the controller won’t cause a bump of 10K within the price, moreover, we have already got haptic feedbacks in our phones and adaptive tension technology is gaming steering wheels. So you see it’s not some new groundbreaking technology we have already got it. And it costs not much to feature these to a tool as they’re mechanical components.
The biggest reason for this bump in price is that the SSD. The PS5 at launch will feature a custom NVMe SSD of 825GB (PS4 launched with a 500 GB HDD). We all skills expensive SSDs are, and this SSD is custom-built for PS5 with much higher performance than any current mainstream NVMe SSD for PC. there’s a worldwide shortage of non-volatile storage also and it’ll also affect the worth.
The expected release date of PS5 is 20 Nov 2020. Sony launched the PS4 in North America on November 15, 2013, EU, November 29, 2013, and Japan on February 22, 2014. The console launched in December 2013 in India and went on sale in January 2014. If information circulating the internet is to be believed, then PS5 will launch in North America and other key markets in November 2020, a week before Black Friday sales in the US to cash in on the holiday buying. This isn’t confirmed, it is just us speculating. Other leaks suggest that Sony could announce the launch date and price of the PS5 on July 13 and considering Sony just gave us a few days heads up before the June event, it is possible we will hear of this event a few days before its intended date.
Comparison between PS4 and PS5
Here, we have told you the difference between the old version and the new version and it is important for you to know the conference of new and old features. Here the comparison help is given to you below.
|Specifications||PlayStation 5||PlayStation 4|
|CPU||8x Zen 2 Crores at 3.5GHz with SMT(variable frequency)||8x Jaguar cores at 1.6GHz|
|GPU||10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (Custom RDNA 2 architecture)||1.84 TFLOPs, 18 CUs at 800MHz (Custom GCN architecture)|
|RAM||16GB GDDR6/ 256-bit||8GB GDDR5/ 256-bit|
|Internal Storage||Custom 825GB SSD||500 GB HDD|
|Expandable Storage||NVMe SSD slot||Replaceable internal HDD|
|External Storage||USB HDD support||USB HDD support|
|IO Throughput||5.5 GB/s (Raw), Typical 8-9GB/s (compressed)||Approx 50-100 MB/s|
|Memory Bandwidth||448 GB/s||176 GB/s|
|Optical Drive||4K UHD Blu-ray Drive||Blu-ray Drive|
In this blog, we have given the details of the upcoming PlayStation 5 for you. When you read this blog completely, then you will know about its specification, features, Accessories, latest games, price, release date, comparison, and all of them. Thanks for reading the whole article, and hope you all have understood about it well.