As a kid, I loved to play The Sims. And now when we are all stuck in a strict lockdown during this pandemic. So I tried everything possible to pass the time at home.
I played lots of games on my phone and Chromebook during this time and The Sims 4 is still my favorite.
Oh! Wait! I know what are you thinking right now. Yes, I have a Chromebook and yes you can easily play Sims 4 on Chromebook. Although Chrome OS is not Support Sims, you must have a Windows or macOS to play this game. So, if you wanna play Sims 4 on your Chromebook then you have to compromise on the quality of the game.
But you can easily play these 2 versions of Sims on Chromebook:
- The Sims FreePlay
- The Sims Mobile
But If you are looking for a way to get the latest edition of the Sims 4 on your Chromebook, I have this special and easy guide for you.
This guide will show you a way how to download and play The Sims 4 on your Chromebook.
But before going through that let us know, What actually the Sims 4 Game is? What are the system requirements for the game? What made Chromebook different and Why doesn’t Chromebook supported it?
And finally, how to get the Sims 4 on Chromebook?
Well, the exact discussion we are doing is “can you play sims 4 on Chromebook?” The straight answer is “No” But as the title of this post says, you can download it on Chromebook and play it in some alternate ways.
So go through our installation guide to find out what is needed to play Sims 4 on Chromebook.
For Windows PC
- OS: 64 Bit Required. Windows 7 (SP1), 8, 8.1, 10, or Windows 11
- PROCESSOR: Intel core i5 or faster, AMD Athlon X4
- RAM: Minimum 4 GB RAM
- VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 650
- DISC DRIVE: DVD ROM Drive needed for installation only
- HARD DRIVE: Minimum 18 GB of free space
- DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0,10 and DirectX 11 Compatible
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR MAC OS
- OS: Mac OS® X 10.11 or later
- PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5 or better
- RAM: Minimum 4 GB RAM
- VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 650 or better
- HARD DRIVE: 18 GB free space
Now let me introduce you to Sims 4 and Chromebook in a brief way…
What is Sims 4?
Sims 4 is another treasure by EA Games and is the fourth part of the Sims series. It is a family-based simulation game that includes creating a character known as Sim.
The Sim manage their life to explore various personalities which shape the way the game plays out. Sims can multitask.
Sims’ condition let’s change the gameplay by turning the Sims’ emotional state and introducing new communication options.
The Sim ensures that its family line propagates by performing different sorts of challenges and crossing varying levels.
One of the most prevailing is the Legacy Challenge, in which players form a single Sim and attempt to get its family line to last for ten generations.
It needs strategies to achieve the tasks in the game and solve different events in it. The Game was originally launched for Windows, Mac, and Xbox platforms.
But now Chromebook users are discovering the possibilities of playing the game on their devices. In today’s blog, we will be explaining further on this topic.
What is a Chromebook?
A Chromebook is a laptop or tablet operating the Linux-based Chrome OS as its operating system.
Chromebooks are mainly used to perform different types of tasks using the Google Chrome browser, with most applications and data remaining in the cloud other than on the machine itself.
All Chromebooks were issued in late 2017 and are able to run Android apps. Some Chromebooks can also operate Linux apps.
Why does Sims 4 not run on Chromebook?
It is not possible to run the original version of the Sims on any model of the Chromebook. It is due to the following reasons;
1. The game is not built on the basis of any Linux – based version, so it’s the first reason that it is not compatible with the Chrome OS of the Chromebook.
2. The game requires a powerful graphics card to run on any device, which is not available in Chromebooks.
3. It is a type of High-Quality game which is not possible for Chromebooks to support.
Can I Install Windows on Chromebook?
Well, If you wanna run a Windows OS on your Chromebook I strongly believe that’s not a great idea.
But the answer is “YES”, you can install Windows on Chromebook.
Are there any chances in the future that EA will launch a Chromebook version of the Sims?
Well, for now, I’m not sure about it. Even EA also has not made any statement on that.
But we all can hope that maybe it is possible in the future. Who knows?
Can I play sims 4 on Chromebook?
There are only two versions of Sims games that can be played on Chromebook. As some of the Chromebook models are supported by Andriod apps you can play Sims Free Play or Sims Mobile on your Chromebook.
Here is the main part you may have interested in the most. Game’s Installation guide for The Sims:
How to play Sims 4 on Chromebook?
In this technical world, nothing is impossible. So, We have some alternative ways to play either the Android or Facebook Version of the game.
But there is only a minor issue that you would have to compromise with the Quality. It doesn’t offer the expected quality to you.
Using the Android Version
To use this method, you should have to enable the Google Play Store on the Chromebook. Then it would be possible for you to download the Android version of the game and play it on the Chromebook.
For letting know more about it follow the steps;
- Visit the Google Play Store and search for the Sims using the Search Bar.
- Select the Install Option to download it.
- Accept the Require Terms and Conditions displayed on the Screen.
- After the installation is completed, Search for the game to launch it.
- Open the Game, set up your account, and enjoy the wonderful experience of the Game.
This is the one way to download the game and enjoy it on the Android Version.
Always remember to enable all the permission required for the app to install, it will save you from facing any difficulty during the installation process.
Using the Facebook Version
You are able to play this game on Facebook as well. For enjoying the game using Facebook, follow the steps written below:
- Open Google Chrome on your Chromebook.
- Search for Facebook and Log in to your account.
- Now, search for the Game on it.
- Click on the game and set the Setup required for the Game.
- Make sure to accept all sorts of permission asked of you, as it will help you to set up quickly.
If this will not offer you the official version, you can go for the other cheaper alternatives as well. This will offer a good taste of the game to your Chromebook.
In using this, you have to compromise with the quality and controls as they are very different from the original version.
It is best for you to play the Game in Touchscreen mode.
As the Android version has been developed especially for touch and tap controls. It gives you the best and actual feel of the Game.
You may also like:
- How To Unlock All Items In Sims 4?
- Avast Online Security For Chromebook
- How to Get Roblox For Chromebook?
In this article, I have answered almost all your questions related to the Sims and Chromebook. And also describe the ways to play Sims 4 on Chromebook.
I hope you would like this article if you have any suggestions or queries related to the post, please comment below to let us know.