It is so easy to forget password cause we are aware that we can reset it, still, it bothers you to forget your Xbox One, S, and 360 passwords. I know you are an Xbox fanatic and it is annoying for you to rest password in the time you could play your favorite game. Let’s take some time to read this post it will favor you in making this simpler for you.
First, you can sit relaxed as it is possible to reset Xbox One, S, and 360 passwords. This time try to keep the password you can remember, so you will be playing the game on your Xbox next time instead of reading this.
An Xbox account is required to access all of its functions. Also, be aware of security and privacy concerns while playing. Therefore, you have to change your password quite often. In this guide, you can learn how to reset your password on Xbox One, S, and Xbox 360.
How to Change Passwords of Xbox one, S and Xbox 360
If you are going for a direct password change through Xbox one, it is not possible my friend.
You can only do it through Xbox live login and Microsoft account.
Resetting an Xbox password is a pretty simple task. If you don’t know then follow through with the guide only.
There are basically two methods for changing Xbox passwords. They are –
- Reset Password Using Xbox one console
- Reset Xbox Password Using PC or Mobile
Whilst you were changing the password, you must know the email id, phone number, or Skype ID associated with the Xbox account
Method-1: How to Reset password on Xbox one using the console?
Try following the below steps and soon, you will end up with a new Xbox one password to play again.
- Turn on the Xbox one console, then move towards the sign in menu.
- A window will open where you have to fill in the email id or phone number associated with the microsoft account.
- In the next step, you’ll see a window for entering the password. Click on the forgot password for resetting the password.
- Enter the captcha given on the screen and then hit enter. This will take a moment for human verification.
- Click on next. You will get a security code on the registered email or phone number.
- Enter the security code in the next screen and hit enter again.
- Now, enter the new password (the one you want to set for Xbox) twice.
- Now, your password has been changed.
Method-2: How to Reset Password Using PC/Smartphone
Xbox console credentials are associated with the Microsoft account, so changing the Microsoft password will automatically reset the password for Xbox. Go through these steps to reset the Microsoft account password.
- Open any web browsers on your phone, tablet, laptop, or PC and go directly to the reset password link.
- Clicking on the above link will take you to a Microsoft recovery account page.
- Enter the email, phone number, or skype name associated with the Xbox account and click next.
- Check the registered account as you will get a security code on the registered email, phone number, or skype name.
- Type the security code on the next window and click on next.
- Finally, you will write your new password here, just retype it to confirm, and click on next.
- Your password has been changed. Now, you can use this password on the Xbox
console while signing in.
Additional – Create a Passkey
Creating a passkey is significant after changing the password. This way you don’t have to enter the email or password again and again before the Xbox console. Passkey is a six-digit code that you set up on Xbox. While starting Xbox one you have to enter the passkey instead of the email and password every time.
To create a passkey on the Xbox console, follow the below steps: –
- While opening Xbox one, click the Xbox button on the console.
- Go to the settings on the right and select system.
- Now select the account and then go for sign-in>security>passkey.
- Move towards creating my passkey.
- Enter a six-digit code on your console.
- After that, change your sign-in & security preferences and select ask for my passkey.
- Now, type the six-digit passkey.
- And there you go. Your passkey has been set for the Xbox one console.
Remember that whenever you change your password via phone or any other device, the Xbox account will automatically be updated on the remaining devices.
You may also like:
- Deals On Xbox Live Gold Membership
- Free Xbox Live Gold Membership Codes
- How to Take Apart Xbox One Controller?
The above guide shows you how you can reset your Xbox one, s and Xbox 360 password in 2 different ways. You can reset it painlessly. The steps are easy as pie and unchallenging. Even after this, if you are facing any issues while resetting the password, let us know in the queries section below.