“How to Take Apart Xbox One Controller?” If you are searching this query, then surely your Xbox doesn’t work.
Before moving to the solution, let’s know about a brief about Xbox One Controller. Xbox One Controller is one of the widest used best video game Controllers around the world. But as it is an electronic device, it may break down and needs repairing from time to time.
Sometimes you may experience that the joystick is stuck or unruly d-pad on the Xbox One Controller. To fix such inconvenient things, you will take apart the Xbox One Controller.
To disassemble the Xbox One Controller you need specialized tools which you don’t find easily around you. Do this process carefully and don’t lose any screws or other components while disassembling it.
Reasons to Take Apart Xbox One Controller
If your Xbox Controller is not able to run there is definitely some problem. I hope you will try to fix it with the basic troubleshooting methods and have already updated the firmware.
You can take apart Xbox One Controller to do some more fixes. Here there are some reasons that lead to this type of problem.
- Drifting analog Sticks – To solve this, you can clean the analog sticks and if necessary, you can replace them.
- Malfunctioning D-Pad – To solve this, you can solve this problem by carefully pry up the tabs which are on the spring assembly. This will push down with more force, moreover, you can replace them if required.
- Inoperable audio jack – You can check the jack is properly set up or connected, replace them if required.
- Sticking Buttons –For this problem, you will need to clean it. You can use the canned air or any other method to remove the dust stick to it. It is possible after removing the circuit board assembly from the controller housing.
How to Take Apart Xbox One Controller?
For doing the process, you need some tools that are the T-8 safety Torx and Prying tool. Always choose a clean and clear surface for doing this process.
It is advised to use a T-8 Safety Torx which has a bit in a driver with a socket wrench or a dedicated Torx driver.
Steps to disassembling the Xbox One controller
Follow the steps below to take apart Xbox One controller
- Use a tray to avoid any loss of the screws or other parts of the Xbox One Controller.
- First of all, use a prying tool to separate the left or right grip cover.
- After the covers start to separate, use your hands to carefully pull them off.
- Remove both of the grips with this process.
- Remove your battery cover and the battery.
- Now you can unscrew the device, start with the hidden screw inside the battery place. Use the T-8 safety Torx bit, do this process carefully.
- Now unscrew the screws at the grip with the help of a Torx bit or driver.
- Do this for both of the grips.
- When you unscrew the controller, it will come apart.
- Now you can get access to the various components of the Xbox one controller. Includes rumble motors, triggers, and additional screws that should be untouched unless you need to replace any of the components from the Circuit board. To get access to more components, you can remove the assembly from the front end and take it out.
- Here you can remove the analog sticks, d-pad ring, and d-pad, and many more. You can replace them I needed otherwise you can clean the buttons and all other components.
- If your d-pad isn’t working correctly, you can fix this. Use a pray tool or tweezer to pop off the spring steel d-pad ring.
- Lift the d-pad arms, this will apply more pressure, and reassemble it. If the problem still persists, you need to replace it with a new d-pad ring.
- To reassemble the controller when you have done it, just reverse the steps.
- Set the rear and front case in their place, tighten the screws, place the battery in the battery case. And finally, close it with the grip covers.
Things To Note
When you take apart the Xbox One Controller and attempt to do the repairs. It will fix some of the issues but not sure that all the problems are fixed.
You can fix some problems by cleaning the components or replacing those which are damaged. After you have successfully done the steps if your controller works then it’s good. If it does not work you can move to the advance repairing options.
For this, you need skills like soldering to remove and replace minor components. But do only if you have experienced otherwise hire a professional technician to do this task. Without proper technical knowledge, the situation becomes worse.
Many users have faced problems with their Xbox One Controller. And they try to solve it on their own if they have some technical knowledge. To help them in a better way we came with this article in which we describe how to take apart an Xbox One Controller.
Moreover, we describe some problems associated with the Xbox One controller. And also, the ways to fix them. I hope you will find this article useful. Now, you will know how to disassemble the Xbox One Controller. Clean its components and replace them if required.
Hope that you will fix the problem of the Xbox One Controller on your own. And if you can not fix this, go to a professional person to do this for you.