“How to Take Apart Xbox One Controller?” If you want to disassemble your Xbox One controller to get it fixed easily you need some tools to do it properly then follow the steps given below.
Things to know to disassemble Xbox one controller safely:
1. Get a t-8 safety Torx, then use a prying tool to remove the grip covers with gentle hands. But first, you have to find a clean, clear workspace with enough light.
2. You have to remove all the screws by using a T-8 safety Trox and remove the battery cover and battery. Remove that assembly from the front case.
3. Now you have access to the inner part, clean all components and replace them gently.
4. Remove the analog stick with the d-pad ring and the d-pad and all.
Before moving to the solution, let’s know a brief about Xbox One Controller.
Xbox One Controller is one of the widest used best video game Controllers around the world.
But as it is an electronic device, it may break down and needs repairing from time to time.
Sometimes you may experience that the joystick is stuck or unruly d-pad on the Xbox One Controller.
To fix such inconvenient things, you will take apart the Xbox One Controller.
To disassemble the Xbox One Controller you need specialized tools which you don’t find easily around you.
Do this process carefully and don’t lose any screws or other components while disassembling it.
Here’s how to quickly and easily disassemble an Xbox controller in order to try to fix a stuck joystick or unruly d-pad.
Reasons to Take Apart Xbox One Controller
If your Xbox Controller is not able to run there is definitely some problem.
I hope you will try to fix it with the basic troubleshooting methods and have already updated the firmware.
You can take apart Xbox One Controller to do some more fixes. Here there are some reasons that lead to this type of problem.
1. Drifting analog Sticks: To solve this, you have to clean the analog sticks and if necessary, you can replace them.
2. Malfunctioning D-Pad: You can solve this problem by carefully prying up the tabs which are on the spring assembly.
This will push them down with more force, moreover, you can replace them if required.
3. Inoperable audio jack: You have to check the jack is properly set up or connected, and replace them if required.
4. Sticking Buttons: For this problem, you will need to clean them. You can use canned air or any other method to remove the dust stick to it.
It is possible after removing the circuit board assembly from the controller housing.
How to Take Apart Xbox One Controller?
For doing the process, you need some tools that are the T-8 safety Torx and Prying tool. Always choose a clean and clear surface for doing this process.
It is advised to use a T-8 Safety Torx which has a bit in a driver with a socket wrench or a dedicated Torx driver.
Steps to disassembling the Xbox One controller
Follow the steps below to take apart the Xbox One controller
1. Use a tray to avoid any loss of the screws or other parts of the Xbox One Controller.
2. First of all, use a prying tool to separate the left or right grip cover.
3. After the covers start to separate, use your hands to carefully pull them off.
4. Remove both grips with this process.
5. Remove your battery cover and the battery.
6. Now you can unscrew the device. Start with the hidden screw inside the battery place. Use the T-8 safety Torx bit, and do this process carefully.
7. Now unscrew the screws at the grip with the help of a Torx bit or driver.
8. Do this for both of the grips.
9. When you unscrew the controller, it will come apart.
10. Now you will get access to the various components of the Xbox one controller.
Includes rumble motors, triggers, and additional screws that should be untouched unless you need to replace any of the components from the Circuit board.
To get access to more components, you need to remove the assembly from the front end and take it out.
11. Here you can remove the analog sticks, d-pad ring, d-pad, and many more.
You can replace them if needed otherwise you need to clean the buttons and all other components.
12. If your d-pad isn’t working correctly, fix it. Use a prayer tool or tweezer to pop off the spring steel d-pad ring.
13. Lift the d-pad arms, it will apply more pressure, and reassemble it. If the problem still persists, you need to replace it with a new d-pad ring.
14. To reassemble the controller when you have done it, just reverse the steps.
15. Set the rear and front cases in their place, tighten the screws, and place the battery in the battery case.
And finally, close it with the grip covers.
Things To Note
When you take apart the Xbox One Controller and attempt to do the repairs. It will fix some of the issues but I’m not sure that all the problems will be fixed.
You can fix some problems by cleaning the components or replacing those which are damaged.
After you have successfully done the steps check if your controller works if yes that we are good if not, move to the advance repairing options.
For this, you need skills like soldering to remove and replace minor components. But do it only if you have experience otherwise hire a professional technician to do this task.
Without proper technical knowledge, the situation becomes worse.
Many users have faced problems with their Xbox One Controller. And they try to solve it on their own.
To help them in a better way we came up with this article in which we describe how to take apart an Xbox One Controller.
Moreover, we describe some problems associated with the Xbox One controller. And also, the ways to fix them.
I hope you will find this article useful. Now, you will know how to disassemble the Xbox One Controller. Clean its components and replace them if required.
Hope that you will fix the problem with the Xbox One Controller on your own. And if you can not fix this, go to a professional to do this for you.