Phones can be unpredictable sometimes and iPhone is no exception to this. At one movement they work perfectly fine and the next you would face issues like app cash and so. Even after restarting and uninstalling the app would not work. So, the question arises how can you fix this problem without going to your local apple store? Simply just Factory reset your iPhone and it would work perfectly fine as before. Welcome to the article on how to factory reset your iPhone.
Sometimes all the solution to your iPhone setback is factory resetting it. Now you would wonder why so.
Well, when you Factory reset your iPhone, you are practically deleting all the data that is being stored in your iPhone that includes chats, music, phones, SMS, apps, and other settings that you have selected in your iPhone.
Which will save you a lot of trouble in case you are going to sell your iPhone to someone, instead of manually deleting all the data individually you can delete it altogether.
In another word, once you have Factory reset your iPhone, your iPhone would be a just like blank page when you first time had purchased your iPhone. This also helps your iPhone to prolong its life.
And also, it is recommendable that before Factory reset you save all your data on your iCloud or if possible, on your google drive so that you would be able to retrieve all your erased data easily.
So, without further ado let us get started with how you can Factory reset your iPhone easily and effortlessly.
Why do I Need to Reset my iPhone?
If your iPhone or iPad isn’t working and you’ve tried everything else, you’ll need to restart the device first, though a full reset may be required (see link above).
If your phone keeps crashing or freezing, or you don’t know why, a factory reset can help. Modern electronics are complex and can be a little confusing at times.
Devices that hang in loops, slow down, and generally perform poorly can be fixed with a reset and wipe.
If you sell your iPhone (or give it to a family member or friend), remove all important information.
Otherwise, shady buyers may gain access to your social media profiles and financial information.
Even private photos and videos can spy on your intimate moments and hijack your identity.
Procedure to Reset iPhone Back to Factory Setting
Step 1: Prepare your iPhone by Backing up your data on iPhone First
iCloud is turned on by default when you sign in with your Apple ID. To select what to back up
- First, you have to go to Settings.
- Then click the iCloud option or go to the Settings option.
- Then, in earlier versions of iOS, click iCloud and check the items you want to save.
- After enabling the selection, scroll down to iCloud Backup.
- Turn it on (if it’s not already on), then tap Back up now.
- A factory reset erases everything, so it’s a good idea to back up almost everything. Specifically, photos, emails, contacts, and notes.
Read More: How To Reset Network Settings On An iPhone?
Step 2: Access the Reset Menu
- When the home screen appears, click the main settings icon.
- Select General from the menu that appears.
- Then tap the Reset option at the bottom of the page.
Step 3: Factory reset iPhone
Once you’ve made sure you’ve backed up your iPad or iPhone, you can perform a factory reset.
This will completely wipe your device, so you should make a backup first.
- Go to settings option.
- Then click General Options.
- After that, click the Reset option and select Erase All Content and Settings to reset your iPhone or iPad. If you have an iCloud backup set up, iOS will prompt you to update it so you don’t lose unsaved data.
- We recommend following our advice and tapping ‘back up then delete’.
- After you enter your passcode (if you have one), an alert box will appear with the option to read erase your iPhone (or iPad). This should be tapped.
- You must enter your Apple ID password to confirm the action. The gadget is erased, and you are returned to the original setup screen that appeared when you first used it.
- You can also completely reset your iPhone or iPad using iTunes or the Finder, depending on whether you updated to macOS Catalina.
- When you plug in your iOS device, you’ll see a Restore iPhone button that will completely reset your device.
Now is the time to sell your iPhone or iPad.
Step 4: Restore your iPhone
After the reset, check if your phone is back to factory settings. This may take several minutes.
If everything is set up successfully, restart your computer and you will see the iOS setup wizard.
After factory resetting your iPhone, you need to log in and set it up from scratch.
A prompt will ask if you want to restore using your iCloud account, set up a new phone without previous settings, or restore old files to your phone using iTunes and your PC.
If you want to know what each iPhone reset option means, skip to the last page of this post. If you want to use iTunes to perform a factory reset, read on.
Read More: How To Play Music On Your Apple Watch?
How to Restore an iPhone
If you want to keep using your phone after deleting the content, you can restore the content from your backup. Here’s how it’s done:
via iCloud Backup
After the factory reset is complete, you’ll need to set up your iPhone all over again.
- Start your iPhone and enter your Wi-Fi password and other information until you see a page asking how to set up your iPhone.
- You have three options:
Set it up as a new iPhone, restore from an iCloud backup, or restore from an iTunes backup.
- After selecting “Restore from iCloud Backup”, you will be prompted to enter your iCloud account information.
If you have a lot of backups or a slow internet connection, this will take some time, so don’t do it if you’re in a hurry. Your iPhone will restart after returning
via iTunes or Finder Backup
- Follow the steps up to the “Set up your iPhone” page and select “Restore from iTunes” as instructed by iCloud.
- You will be prompted to connect to iTunes. The next time you insert your iPhone, you’ll see an iTunes screen with the option to restore from backup.
- Click Next to quickly set up your iPhone and restore your apps from your iTunes backup.
Once done, your system will be completely cleaned up. I hope this solves the problem I was having so far.
After upgrading to macOS Catalina, iTunes will no longer be available, but the Finder will perform the above functions. Follow the same steps as for this application.
Read More: Why Does My iPhone Keep Restarting Itself?
With the information provided, you can easily complete this step. We also hope that you enjoy the material we provide and find it valuable.
However, if you need help or have any questions related to this topic, feel free to ask them in the comments section.
We promise to provide a solution to your request as soon as possible.
How to do reset without a password?
Don’t remember your password? If your keyboard not working, then press the Sleep button/ Power button along with the Home button till you notice the Factory reset option displayed on your screen.
Will all my apps be deleted from my iPhone once I do Factory reset?
Yes, once you Factory reset your phone all the data would be erased including your contact details and apps.
Are Factory reset and hard reset same?
No, a Factory reset means all your data will be erased. While hard reset means your phone apps account would only be logged off.