Do you know how it feels when your iPhone rings while you are attending a meeting or spending some personal time? For me, it is very annoying. So it is very necessary to keep your iPhone in vibration mode or change iPhone’s vibration Settings.
I am also using an iPhone and previously my iPhone was ringing when I was spending time with my loved ones or I was attending a meeting. You will not assume that ringing created a bad impression on me.
I don’t want any other person to face this situation at the places where they need to be disciplined. So, I have created this guide to share with you the methods and easy ways to change iPhone’s Vibration Settings.
You can set vibration or customize your iPhone’s vibration Settings according to your daily schedule. With customization, you and other people will not get disturbed by ringing while spending some personal time or attending a meeting.
So, in this guide, you will learn Why you need to change Vibration Settings, and the methods to change your iPhone’s Vibration Settings.
Why do you need to change current vibration settings?
Vibration helps you to alert the notification without disturbing others. Instead of hearing a loud ring, you can feel phone vibration when you get a call, text, or email.
Vibration features work well in any condition even if your phone volume is turned OFF as well it is muffed in your pocket.
You can set vibration settings on your iPhone according to your choice and keep in mind your daily schedule. the iPhone also allows the vibration of different patterns for different apps.
Let’s move to the other section to know about methods to change iPhone’s vibration settings.
How to Change iPhone’s Vibration Settings?
- Go to the Settings on your iPhone
- Select “Sounds & Haptics.”
- Now select what you want to adjust ( Ringtone, or New mail).
Note: You will see the option “ Vibrate on Ring” and “Vibrate on Silent“. Make sure one of the given options is enabled.
- Go to the “Sounds and Vibration Patterns” to change the vibration settings to set the vibration patterns for different App notifications (i.e. ringtone, text tone, or new voicemail).
- Now Select “Vibration” and set the notification alert of the individual app.
With these methods, you can successfully change your iPhone’s vibration settings according to your daily schedule.
How to create a new custom vibration pattern to Change iPhone’s Vibration Settings?
Repeat the above steps but to create a custom Vibration pattern, you need to select create New Vibration instead of pre-settings vibration mode.
1. Tap to “New Vibration” and create your custom Vibration pattern. If you want to check your vibration pattern, just tap anywhere on the screen to feel it.
2. After completing, the process just press “Stop”
3. Now you can again test your pattern by tapping on the play option.
4. Now select Save and name your custom vibration pattern. Also, you can tab to record to make changes or redo your custom pattern.
How to Choose your iPhone’s Vibration?
- Go to Settings
- Select “Sounds & Haptics”
You will see the option “ Vibrate on Ring” and “Vibrate on Silent“. Now choose an option according to your choice and keep it enabled.
If both options will not enable, then your iPhone won’t vibrate.
How To Change the Ringtone and Alert volume on iPhone?
If you want that your ringtone and alert volume be different for other apps, then you need to turn off the Change with Buttons feature.
After that, you have to set up your ringtone and alert volume manually from Settings. To do this:
1. Go to “Settings”.
2. Select “Sounds & Haptics”
3. Now you can adjust your ringtone and alert volume.
Turn Ring/Silent mode on or off on your iPhone
When you set up your iPhone on Ring Mode you will hear the ring on every alert notification. But if you are using Silent Mode, You can’t hear any alert notifications but you can still play music, videos, and other sounds on your iPhone.
To use Ring Mode:
Move the button switch so that orange isn’t showing. See the image below to understand better.
To Use Silent Mode
Move the button switch so that orange is showing. See the image to understand it better.
You may also like:
- 10 Best Ad-blockers for iPhone
- Cost for iPhone Battery Replacement
- Download Play Master on iPhone
- How Old is my iPhone
- Best Place to Sell Old iPhone
These were easy methods to change iPhone’s vibration settings without having any technical knowledge. If you attend lots of meetings and spend time with loved ones, then it is very necessary to change vibration settings according to your daily schedule.
When you follow these methods, I swear you will look more disciplined than the other people who check their phones in between meetings frequently.
I hope you enjoyed this post and get valuable information. If you have any suggestions and queries, then mention them in the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is System Haptics on an iPhone?
System Haptics is a type of technology that vibrates your phone when you long press on the screen.
How to change the default vibration on iPhone?
To change vibration, follow these steps:
- Select Settings on your iPhone
- Go to General and then Accessibility
- Turn ON vibrations
- Select Sounds
- Go to Vibration
- Select your favorite vibration
Why is Setting iPhone in Vibration mode better than keeping it in Silent mode?
With vibration, you will know if you get a notification or call, so you can check it after the completion of the meeting or after spending some precious time.
On the other hand, if You keep your Phone silent, you will not know about any notification or call until you open your iPhone.