If you are looking for information on Set Up your Paypal account for students then let me tell you that, Now PayPal no longer gives the facility to its users to create student accounts.
PayPal Student Account was started from 2009 to 2016. PayPal Student Accounts and PayPal Student Debit MasterCard were created for minors and for parents or guardians to track their minor’s PayPal account activity.
Before PayPal Student accounts, minors can’t open an account in their name but PayPal gives them access to use a payment account through their parent or guardian’s account.
The parent or guardians of the minor can track and manage their minor’s account, while also allowing the child to use it as a normal account. But now they permanently discontinued student account service in 2016. They also shut down PayPal Student Debit MasterCard.
Now, PayPal has shut down its student feature. You have to wait until you turn 18 or the age of majority in your state to create your PayPal Account.
If you are 18+ and want to create a PayPal account for your personal use, then don’t worry about it. Today we will discuss the topic “How to set up a Paypal account”.
Setting up a PayPal account is straightforward. There are a few stages and requirements that you should be aware of, which we’ve explained in this comprehensive guide.
Things to Consider When Setting up Account for Students
Students can request money from their parents for school supplies and other stuff through a Student account.
To contribute payments to your account for printing, utilize PayPal in conjunction with the University printing software (PaperCut).
Please visit Adding Monies to PaperCut for instructions on how to set up your PaperCut account and add funds.
To open a PayPal account, you’ll need a credit or debit card for payments, your credit card/bank statement for verification, and, in rare situations, a form of identification such as a passport. At any time, you can change or upgrade your account.
Now let’s take a look at setting up a Paypal account for students.
Read More: Does Walmart Accept PayPal?
How to Setup PayPal Account for Students?
To create a Paypal account for students, follow the instruction given below:
- To begin, go to PayPal.com and select the “Sign Up” option in the upper right corner.
- You can choose a Student account with PayPal from the drop-down menu. Next should be clicked.
- Fill in your first and last names, email addresses, and passwords on the following screen. Next should be clicked.
- Fill in your mailing address and phone number on the following screen, then check the box to agree to PayPal’s terms and click the “Agree and Create Account” button.
- Your PayPal account has been set up.
- The next step is to link your PayPal account to your credit card or bank account.
- Select the first option, “Get started”.
- Fill out the information for the debit or credit card you want to link to PayPal on the next page.
- Then select “Link card” from the drop-down menu.
- You can select “Skip this step” and go on if any “Special Offers” appear (such as the one below).
- A screen similar to the one below may appear, indicating that your account is now set up and ready to use. You have the option of going to your account at this time.
- Finally, double-check the email address you used to sign up with PayPal.
- PayPal will send you an email requesting you to confirm your account. This is an important step in proving your identity.
- Make sure to select “Yes”, this is my email” from the drop-down menu.
Note:- Your PayPal account has now been created and is ready to be used. Before you may add money to PaperCut, you must first fill your PayPal account with the payment method you specified when you signed up.
After successfully setting up a Paypal account for Students you need to verify your account. So let’s go through the verification process given below.
Read More: What Is An Amazon Business Account?
How to Verify PayPal Account for Students?
1. First, you need to go to PayPal.com and log into your account.
2. Please double-check your email address. You must validate your email address in order to get funds in your PayPal account.
3. When you made your account, you should have gotten an email. To validate your email address, click the “Yes”, this is my email” box in the email message.
4. Check your Spam folder or Gmail’s “Purchases” label if you can’t find the message.
5. From your Account Summary page, you can request that PayPal send you another message.
6. To send another message, click “Confirm Email”.
7. Connect your checking and savings accounts.
8. You’ll need to link your bank account with PayPal if you want to pay money from it or receive money from it.
How to link your bank account with PayPal?
To get started, go to your Account Summary page and select “Link a bank”.
Note: Using your connected bank account to send money to friends and family is less expensive than using your debit or credit card.
If your bank is available, you’ll be able to automatically link your account by entering your online banking login information.
You’ll need to input your account number and routing number if your bank isn’t mentioned.
These can be found at the bottom of your checks. Confirmation will take a day or two. PayPal will deposit a total of less than $1 into your account in two separate transactions.
In order to establish that you are the owner of the bank account, you must input these two figures.
After 24-48 hours, these deposits will appear on your online bill.
Make a link between your debit and credit cards.
Note: PayPal allows you to manage your multiple credit and debit cards, allowing you to shop online without having to enter your information each time.
Add a card to your PayPal account
To add a card to your PayPal wallet, go to your Summary page and select “Link a card”. The card number, expiration date, and security code must all be entered. The legal name you gave when registering your account must match the name on the card. Cards are instantly linked.
You can also add a prepaid gift card from Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover using this technique.
You can also create a PayPal account using the PayPal app, which is available for both iOS and Android.
When you download the app, you’ll see a Sign-Up option, which will ask for the same information that PayPal does on the desktop. Then you may use your phone to send and receive money, check your balance, and more.
Alternatives of PayPal Student Account
If you are less than 18 and comes under the minor category and want to use an online payment system for your daily transactions, then don’t worry. If you can’t use a PayPal student account then you can always switch to its alternative. There are many apps that can solve this problem for you. Today we will introduce you to the others apps.
- For minors under 18
- Easy to deposit money into minors’ account
- Parental control to monitor children’s transaction activity
- Copper helps you to open a bank account at any age.
- Joint account with your parents
- Send and request money with one touch
- Parental control enabled
- Teenagers aged 13 – 17
- Joint account with the guardian
- Daily transaction limits ($100 cash, $500 debit)
- Parental control to monitor transaction activity.
- Teens aged 8 – 17
- Money teen checking account
- Debit card for kids
- Joint account with your parents
- Age 12 – 17
- Great interest rate than most banks
- Joint account with parent or guardian
- No monthly fees
So today in this blog we have provided you with the information you need. If any student who is above 18 wants to create his own PayPal account, then they can make this process by completing it.
We also suggest various apps that you can use If you are under 18 and comes under the minors.
Also, we hope that the information given to you will have helped you in completing your process. But if you have any issue related to this topic then you can feel free to ask your query by commenting in our comment section. We assure you that we will solve your problem as soon as possible.