PayPal business accounts and Personal accounts have no major difference when it comes to convenience in online transactions. Rather you just have to pay a $30 charge every time you want to use the benefits. So, why not use a personal account and then give so much charge just for nothing? Today, through this guide, I am going to show you, how you can downgrade your account and switch your PayPal business account to a personal account.
Earlier it was easy to downgrade the PayPal account and can be just done in a snap of seconds, but now the process has been a little tricky. Without contacting customer support, you can’t upgrade or downgrade your account easily.
Don’t worry, I am here to guide you with the step-by-step guide. Stick to the guide and complete the process of switching your account from a PayPal business account to a personal account.
Why use a personal account or business account?
Besides sending or receiving payments, a PayPal personal account is used by individuals who shop and pay online or for casual sellers or non-businesses who wish to pay online or get paid online. As the name suggests, it is for personal use.
It is used by those merchants or sellers, who operate a company or under a group name. By using a business account, the user will get some additional features like allowing up to 200 employees Limited access to your account.
Also, customer service facilitates quick follow-up to resolve customers’ grievances.
It isn’t mandatory to use this kind of specific purpose. The basic difference is when you use a personal account, others can see your phone no. with a personal email address whereas, if you use a business account.
Others will see the company or group name with the company’s email address. Even, if you realize somewhere that you want to upgrade or downgrade your PayPal account it can be done very easily just follow the steps given below.
How to Change a Paypal business account to a personal account?
Well, till now you have understood the features and the benefits provided by a personal or business account.
After that, if you still wish to downgrade your account, the only way is to contact customer support. However, PayPal doesn’t offer any contact no. to directly contact the support team, you can either interact via chat or email.
That’s what we are going to do in the given guide to resolve your query.
Therefore, you can use two basic methods;
- Chat via the message center
- Contact via email.
Now, let’s discuss both the methods in detail in order to downgrade your business account;
Method-1: Chat via the message center-
- Visit the Paypal official website. Scroll down to the bottom and click on the contact link. It will take you to the Paypal help center.
- Now scroll down and click on message us.
- After that, you will be asked to log in with your Paypal credentials.
- Log in to your account with valid credentials.
- Once done, now use the message us section. A chatbot or chat assistant will pop up.
- Try to communicate with the agent. For this, you have to just answer the questions until the assistant asks, if you would like to transfer this conversation to the agent.
- If an agent is available, then he would respond to your request. Ask them directly if you have any queries.
Method-2: Contact via mail
This is the easiest way but you have to wait for the customer support team to respond to your request. Use the mentioned steps to mail the customer support team.
- Once visited PayPal’s official website log in to your account.
- Once logged in now scroll down on the account summary page you will see the contact us link.
- Click on the link and it will navigate to the contact us page.
- It will land you on the help center page. Na select account profile and set up and then click on upgraded downgrade your account from the drop-down.
- Now scroll down and you will see an email us option. If you are in the table then click on the link directly to navigate to the contact us page.
- Now using this link to count your profile and set up and then upgrade or downgrade your account from the drop-down
- Compose the message or email mentioning the reason for switching the Paypal business account to a personal account. You will be responded to within 24 hours.
You may also like:
- Problem With Login PayPal-Troubleshooting
- How To Setup PayPal Account For Students?
- How To Get A PayPal Account Without a Credit Card?
- Does Walmart Accept PayPal?
Frequently asked questions (Switching Paypal business account to personal account)
How can I change my account from business to personal?
Well, there is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account. You have to contact customer service and they will do that for you. For this follow the guide and I have mentioned all the steps in brief to do that.
Can you use a business PayPal account for personal use?
You can’t use a business PayPal account for personal use. However, you can create two separate PayPal accounts, one for the business and one for personal use.
Can I use my personal account to transfer amount to Business account?
Yes. But a certain account of fee would be charged based on your transaction.
Can I unlink my personal account or business account to my other account?
Yes. this is what you can do. Go to profile> Account setting> close account > continue.
Given are the steps you can use to change a Paypal business account to a personal account. Presently, You can’t switch or downgrade accounts, unless you contact customer support.
Moreover, Choose whatever method is most preferable for you. I personally recommend you to use the second one as in the first method, you have to answer the questions to the chatbot till it asks you to talk to the agent.
Hope you were able to switch your business account to a personal account. Good luck!