The Process to activate Paypal prepaid card is very simple and easy. Today, we’ll go through how you can activate your Paypal prepaid card.
Whenever talking about online transactions, out of all the digital online platforms that allow access to send and receive cash, PayPal is the one that comes to our mind instantly. It proves quite useful for quicker transactions and is available on mobile as well as on the browser.
Moreover, it is available with different facilities like debit, credit, or prepaid PayPal cards.
Social Security number (SSN), is an activation number that you need whenever activating your Prepaid PayPal account.
As per Federal law, they require to obtain, verify and record certain information including the first name, last name verifying your street address, date of birth, social security number, and other information that will allow them to reasonably identify you.
Moreover, They can also ask for your driver’s license or other documents at any time to prevent the card from being used for illegal purposes.
How do I activate my PayPal prepaid card?
Your Paypal prepaid card can be purchased from any retail store depending on the retail location. Once you manage to get a Paypal prepaid MasterCard, now you need to add funds at the time you purchase the card. The minimum initial value you need to add will be $10 or $20 and the maximum would be $500.
Prepaid PayPal MasterCard can be activated in three ways. They are listed below:
- The most preferable way- Via mobile app
- The common way- Via official Paypal website
- The least used way is – Call PayPal customer support.
You can choose any of the preferred ways you want. The detailed steps for the same are given below. Follow them to activate your Prepaid PayPal card.
1. Activate PayPal Cash card via mobile app
This is the easiest way to activate your Paypal prepaid MasterCard account. Follow the given steps to continue
1. Launch the Paypal mobile app on your phone.
2. Tap on a wallet.
3. Select your Paypal cash card.
4. Now enter the required information like your security number and your card number.
5. Click on the activate card tab below.
Once activation is complete, you can use your card with the cash balance you added initially.
2. Activate PayPal Cash card via official website
If you wish to activate your cash card through PC. there are to simple ways to activate your paypal cash card. here is the reference:
1. First thing first, go to https://paypal.com/activatecard and login to you paypal account.
2. Now after login an new window will open. Now, enter your card expiration date ( It will mentioned on back side of your card above your name).
3. Click on Activate card button.
4. Now you will redirected on a new window to create PIN. Now create a 4 digit pin for your cash card and then click on create PIN.
1. Open your web browser and go to paypal.com.
2. Log in to your paypal account
(PayPal home page will appear on your screen.)
3. Scroll Down and in the right side there are your bank names and cards will be shown, click on activate your card account here.
4. Now enter your card number details correctly to continue.
5. Enter the security pin at the back of your card.
6. Click on the continue tab. Once done, it will show your form to verify your identity.
7. After that, you need to create a 4 digit pin. Hit continue tab.
Follow the given guidelines on the screen to finish the activation process. After that, you could use your card for transaction purposes.
3. The least used way is – Call PayPal customer support.
This is the offline method you can use if you are a new user and don’t have access to a mobile, PC, or internet.
(1-800-314-8298) is the official customer executive contact number appointed just for this purpose. Dial the contact number and you can reach the customer executive support and ask them to activate the card.
They will ask you some details regarding your name, date of birth, street number, changed addresses till now, and some personal questions to verify your identity. Just answer the questions honestly and you can activate your card.
How do I activate a Paypal prepaid card without SSN?
No, You cannot activate a Paypal prepaid card without SSN. It is mandatory to have a social security number (SSN) to activate your card. But, it also depends on for which purpose you are using the card.
If you are using the card for continued transactions of sending and receiving cash, you may need to use a social security number. Moreover, If you are using PayPal prepaid MasterCard just as a gift card(does not deposit any cash again) it is not necessary to use SSN.
How much time does Paypal prepaid card need to activate?
Paypal prepaid cards can start instantly once you finish the activation process. If you have applied for Paypal prepaid MasterCard through the mail, wait for a week or while until you get it. You need to activate your card to directly use the services.
You may also like:
To conclude, I would just say, sometimes it just takes longer than usual to activate your Paypal prepaid account without SSN. When you purchase the card at a retail location you will leave the store with a temporary card that expires 120 days from the date of purchase.
In order to have a personalized card, you must activate the temporary card and verify your identity. If you have requested the personalized card, you will receive mail on the first business day after you requested it.
If you do not receive a personalized card within 10 days you can call the customer service at the contact number mentioned above.