Most people ask motivation for the gym or ask the fitness freaks how to stay motivated for a long period of time.
If you are looking for these answers then you have come to the right place to know the facts behind it.
We all know exercise adds strength, lowers aging and it is the important thing to do in daily life if we want to stay healthy and be successful in our life by achieving our aims.
Daily exercise gives us the immense activeness and pushes us to the activeness from laziness.
As per the research done exercise provides good memory power as this promotes the growth of neurons along with it improves the blood circulation, improves oxygen level, becomes creativity, improves concentration level in our body and many more benefits to be healthy and fit.
Exercise and diet are directly related to aging, if you built a habit of exercise and healthy foods then aging will get decrease and you will become young even at the age of 60.
What is the motivation for a gym?
A reason for acting or behaving in a particular way. In simple words, it is a desire or reason which drives you to do something you want to do in your daily life.
If you are looking for motivation then you are on the wrong track, motivation just gives you a temporary boost to do something in your daily life. So, we should make habit of going gym or doing other exercises or else at some point in time you lose motivation and stop doing the exercise.
Do we need the motivation to do daily tasks like brushing teeth, drinking water, wearing clothes? No right. Every morning we wake up we brush our teeth, drink water whenever we are thirsty, and wear clothes without a miss.
You are doing these tasks in your daily life because you have built this habit from childhood. This habit has built with the purpose of keeping the mouth fresh, smell good, and keeping teeth healthy & white and this purpose is driving us to brush teeth daily without any motivation.
Have you ever thought about how we are doing this daily task without any motivation? Then you should know the purpose or reason behind it which is pushing us to do the tasks.
Here are some examples of people who started going to the gym or doing other exercises with the purpose and without looking for motivation for the gym?
- 35 years old businessman has built a habit of exercise, he just cannot miss the exercise in his daily life, I asked how you do exercise daily without excuses then he answered: “I do exercise because it makes me be creative, analytical, activeness which helps me to build bigger organization”.
- My friend is a trainer and he is training a 60 years old lady who does exercises daily. I questioned her what makes her do exercise, she answered, “every morning I wake up and play with grandchildren and that makes me realize the importance of being fit”.
- One of my friends was unfit in college days but his aim was to become a model. So he decided to join a gym and continued to workout without any excuses. And finally, in just 6 months he has given a photoshoot for one fashion company. It is clear that his goal was not a gym but his goal is to become a model that makes him achieve his aim.
- Another friend of mine always wear gym/exercise clothes and play music before a workout and I asked why you wear these clothes and play music and then replied “I wear gym clothes and play my favorite music because these little things boost my energy level and stay motivated to workout and I want to work out to be healthy”.
In short, what I am trying to say is do not look for motivation for gym rather built purpose or reason and form a habit.
Read More: Top Benefits – Why Add Radish to Your Diet
How to form a habit of exercise or gym?
Do not set higher goals, start with baby steps that are achievable. Researchers beautifully explained about butterfly effect in chaos theory, A very small change in initial condition makes a larger difference in a long life.
For example instead of taking a two-wheeler or four-wheeler take a 2 km walk or ride a bicycle and this will reduce approximately 100 calories in a day that comes to 3000 calories per month and finally you have reduced 1 kg per month and that increases your blood circulation level and memory power.
Samwise makes small changes in your diet and exercise plan. Here is some example of small changes in my life which gave me good outcomes in 3 just months with 22% body fat.
- Replace your unhealthy breakfast items with fruits, eggs, and buttermilk.
- Skip rice as rice has higher calories which are around 120 calories for every 100 gms of cooked rice and at the end of the month, you can reduce 3600 calories.
- Take stair instead of lift. You can burn 300-400 calories in a month.
- Once you wake up drink 2-3 glasses of water to eliminate dehydration and the overall performance of your body.
- You can replace tea or coffee with black coffee or green tea without sugar or with honey even if you don’t like it because black coffee and green tea have negligible calories.
- So on you can choose your own baby steps which suit you as per style.
Tips to stay motivation for gym or exercise.
- Choose your desire like what you want, why you are doing, how you are doing and repeat this.
- Try different workout programs like gym, Zumba, cardio, etc so that you can find interest at least in one exercise program.
- Wear clothes which suit to the particular event because as per the research found if we wear clothes for a particular event then that increase interest level on that particular event.
- Make a good partner or trainer, so that you and your partner can go together and the benefit is even if you don’t feel to go your partner or trainer can force you to come for accompanying.
- Be socialistic, try to share your experience with the world, and the people who want to start gym ask questions so that you can answer those questions, that will increase your interest level.
- Join a fitness group so that you can challenge other fitness freaks, which gives immense strength and increase your interest level to win because nobody likes to lose in the challenge.
So on choose your baby steps to implement and do not forget to join the fitness community in presence or online.
From now on do not look for motivation for the gym or for any other exercise programs rather choose desire like what you want to do, why you want to do, and how you do, and then form a habit. Habit stays for long we cannot miss the habit very easily but if we find motivation in the task then we may do the task until we are motivated.
You may also like these: