Facebook Lite app basically launched for mobile phones. It is a lite version of the main Facebook app that works smoothly even if you have weak network connectivity on your phone.
We all know about Facebook and how it keeps engaging people around the world. But the problem is it can be slow sometimes due to poor internet connectivity. So that is why the company introduced its lighter app version called Facebook lite.
The app is designed to run smoothly on even a 2G network and for a device that has 512MB RAM.
Facebook has acquired more than 2 billion active users every day with a total of 4 billion users globally.
It is the best and top social media app which keeps people together by sharing our memories, sharing our thoughts, chatting with friends, and scrolling your newsfeed or friend’s feed in a click.
If you think your Facebook main application is too large and consumes more data. You simply log in to Facebook lite to enjoy all the essential features same as the Facebook main application.
Why do we need Facebook lite?
As we all know internet connection is not standard globally, it fluctuated between 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G depending on the location like cities, towns, and rural areas. Even in cities and towns, the internet fluctuates from 2G to 4G in some areas.
Mobile phones’ operating systems are based on android version and iOS. FB lite application runs on all iOS devices old and new and on all android devices from android version 2.2. As per global statistics, there are 35% of android users still using version 7.
In order to solve the internet fluctuation and device compatibility. Facebook lite and Facebook messenger lite applications were launched in smaller sizes that require very little memory that allows the application to run smoothly.
You can use the FB lite application very smoothly even on a 2G network and on low ram smartphones. The best part is, that users, can get rid of this problem with a new application which also saves you the battery
Read More: What is Poke on Facebook?
Features of Facebook Lite
- Use Facebook on 2G network conditions.
- The app is very small starting from 1 MB and varies with the device.
- Save space on your phone.
- Save mobile data.
- Improve the battery efficiency of your device.
- Find friends and family.
- Post status updates & use Facebook emojis.
- Share photos and your favorite memes,
- Get notified when friends like and comment on your posts.
- Find local social events, and RSVP to meet up with friends.
- Save photos by adding them to the photo album.
- Follow people to get their latest news.
- Look up local businesses to see reviews, operation hours, and pictures.
- Buy and sell on Facebook Marketplace.
Read More: How To See A Friendship On Facebook?
Features of FB Messenger lite.
- You can use the Facebook messenger app on 2G network conditions.
- Fb messenger lite size starts from 1MB and varies with the device.
- Saves data.
- It loads fast, runs efficiently, and uses less mobile data.
- Message individuals or in groups.
- Send photos, links, and stickers.
- Make voice and video calls for free
Read More: Facebook Account is Disabled
How to Install Facebook lite on android & iPhone?
- Open the play store or app store
- Search Facebook lite developed by Facebook.
- Click on Facebook lite.
- And then click on install to download the app on your device.
Supported device: android version 2.2 and above.
Size: Varies with devices starting from 1 MB, you can check the size of the app from the play store and the app store from your device to know the size of your device. For me, it’s 1.6 MB and I am using Redmi 8.
Read More: What is Facebook Touch?
How to Log in to Facebook Lite?
- Once you are done with installing the Facebook lite app from the play store or app store, open the app
- Enter your mobile number or email address and password If you already have a Facebook account.
- And then click on login.
- Now you have successfully logged in and now you can explore the features of this application.
If you are a new Facebook user or want to create another account then:
- Click on “create a new account.”
- Enter your First name and Surname
- Now enter your mobile number
- And then enter your date of birth.
- Choose your gender.
- Create your password with at least 6 characters.
- Tap on “sign up” to create and log into FB lite successfully.
Log in to FB messenger lite as follows.
- Install the Facebook messenger lite app from the play store or app store.
- Open the app.
- Type your mobile number or email address and password
- Click on login.
Now, You have successfully logged in to Facebook messenger lite.
There is not much difference between the Facebook and Facebook lite applications. It has all the classic features which are available in a normal Facebook app.
Now, Keeping up with friends is faster and easier than ever with the FB Lite app.
You may also like:
- How To Change Password On Messenger?
- Fix Login Problem With Facebook
- How To Turn On Dark Mode On Facebook?
If you are looking for a mobile-friendly and internet-friendly app then you must log in to FB lite and Facebook messenger lite as it works the same as normal Facebook apps and the best part is it loads very fast even in low internet speed areas.
If your mobile is getting stuck due to heavy size apps or If you experience a mobile stuck while using a normal Facebook app then you must log in to FB lite to engage with friends and the Facebook messenger app for messaging applications.
The overall motive of Facebook lite and Facebook messenger lite is to run the application even on 2G speed internet, Compatible with every device people use, and increase the battery hours.