I am a big fan of Sky TV, and I have been using the Sky Go app on my phone and tablet to watch my favorite shows and movies on the go. However, I have recently purchased an Apple TV and would like to watch Sky Go on a bigger screen.
But I am not sure if it’s possible to watch Sky Go on Apple TV, and if it’s possible how to watch it. So, I decided to some research, after some research I gather many different ways and tried and now I can successfully watch Sky Go on my Apple TV.
In this article, I will walk you through the different ways explaining each way in detail so you can easily watch Sky Go on your Apple TV.
How to Install Sky Go on Apple TV
- Open your Apple TV and Go to App Store.
- Search for Sky Go App.
- Tap on the app and installed it.
- Open the Sky Go app and log in with Sky Go credentials.
- Once you Sign in, Enjoy your favorite content you want to watch.
Note: Sky Go app is now available on Apple TV but if somehow you are unable to download the app directly on your tv then there are some alternatives also available you can try.
Alternative ways to watch Sky Go on Apple TV:
How to Airplay Sky Go on Apple TV using AirPlay
First I would like to tell you that the Sky Go app is compatible with Airplay on iOS devices. So you can use a screen mirror on your Apple TV.
- Connect your Apple TV and your iOS device with the same network connection.
- Download the Sky Go app on your iOS device from the App store.
- Log into your account on the Sky Go app.
- Now, open the app and look for the video that you want to watch on Apple TV.
- Tap on the Airplay icon and choose Apple TV.
- You will see the video you are playing on your phone is playing on your Apple TV.
Screen Mirror Sky Go on Apple TV from iOS
You can screen mirror directly from your iPhone, or iPad device to Apple TV connected with the same network connection.
- Turn on your Apple TV and your iOS device and connect it with the same Wi-Fi connection.
- Open the Sky Go app on your iOS device and log into your account.
- Go to the control center by swiping up.
- Tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
- Select Apple TV from all available devices.
- Now, your screen is mirrored with Apple TV.
- Open your Sky Go app and start your streaming.
Screen Mirrors Sky Go on Apple TV from Mac
Sky Go app is available on Mac too. Just like iOS devices, you can mirror your Mac to the Apple TV.
- Download the Sky Go app on your Mac from the Sky Go website.
- Log into your account with the pay-TV service provider.
- Connect your Mac and your TV with the same network.
- Open your Sky Go app and start to play any video.
- Go to the Airplay icon on the menu bar.
- Click on that Airplay icon and select Apple TV.
- Now, your Mac screen is mirrored on Apple TV.
Screen Mirror Sky Go on Apple TV from Android
- Connect your Android phone or your Apple TV with the same Wi-Fi network.
- Download the Mirror360 app on your Android phone.
- Go to the app and select the Apple TV name.
- Click on Start Now.
- Now, your Android phone screen is mirrored on your Apple TV.
- Go back to the Play Store to download the Sky Go app on your Android phone.
- Go to the Sky Go app and start playing any video.
- Now, you will see the same on your Apple TV.
What can I watch on Sky Go?
You can stream your favorite channels on Apple TV with the help of the Sky Go app, live sports, dramas, movies, and more.
There are some popular channels like channel 4, channel 5, ITV, Comedy, Sky Atlantic, Fox, Cartoon network, etc.
You can enjoy all the channels on Apple TV comfortably. Thus you can enjoy Sky Go content on your Apple TV. BBC iPlayer, All4, and ITV Hub on Apple TV, allowing you to keep all your favorites in one place.
What are the other compatible devices for Sky Go?
You can also install Sky Go on another device like
- Firestick/ Fire TV
- Roku TV
- LG Smart TV
- Chromecast Sky Go to TV
- Nvidia Shield
What are the other streaming services compatible with Apple TV?
Apple TV is compatible with some streaming devices like:
- HBO Max on Apple TV
- Disney Plus
- BBC iPlayer
- All4 Apple TV
Why is Sky Go on Airplay not working?
Sky Go is now compatible and available on the App store. If you facing a problem with Airplay then check your internet connection. Streaming problems occurs when your network connection is not stable.
How much is the Sky Go subscription?
If you have a Sky TV subscription then you can access it for free, well it starts at £26 per month.
You may also like:
- Fix Apple tv won’t turn ON
- Watch ESPN on Apple TV
- How to mirror iPhone to TV with Apple tv
- Apple TV not working: how to fix
- Fix Apple Tv no sound issue
The Launch of the Sky Go app on Apple TV makes it easier for Sky TV subscribers to watch content from home. You can record live shows for watching later.
In this article, we showed you how can you install the Sky Go app on Apple TV with other alternatives also.
Now enjoy your favorite streaming from the Sky Go app on your Apple smart TV.