Sky Go is a streaming television service launched by Sky company for Sky TV. You can download the Sky Go app on your mobile device but it is easy and comfortable to watch Sky Go on Apple TV.
Sky Go app is free to Sky TV subscribers. On Sky Go, you will get 200+ live channels and a variety of movies, TV dramas, sports, or videos. You can stream free-to-air channels like channel 4, ITV Film 4, etc. Based on your Sky Go subscription.
Unfortunately, there are no official apps on Apple TV to watch Sky Go. But you can still watch Sky Go on your Apple TV by downloading the app on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
With the help of iOS devices, you can use the feature Screen Mirroring to stream Sky Go on your Apple TV. There are plenty of services available on Apple TV that you can download easily on your Apple TV.
How to Airplay Sky Go on Apple TV using iOS
First I would like to tell you that the Sky Go app is compatible with Airplay on iOS devices. So you can use a screen mirror on your Apple TV.
- Connect your Apple TV and your iOS device with the same network connection.
- Download the Sky Go app on your iOS device from the App store.
- Log into your account on the Sky Go app.
- Now, open the app and look for the video that you want to watch on Apple TV.
- Tap on the Airplay icon and choose Apple TV.
- You will see the video you are playing on your phone is playing on your Apple TV.
Read More: How to mirror iPhone to TV with Apple tv
Alternative ways to watch Sky Go on Apple TV:
Screen Mirror Sky Go on Apple TV from iOS
You can screen mirror directly from your iPhone, or iPad device to Apple TV connected with the same network connection.
- Turn on your Apple TV and your iOS device and connect it with the same Wi-Fi connection.
- Open Sky Go app on your iOS device and log into your account.
- Go to the control center by swiping up.
- Tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
- Select Apple TV from all available devices.
- Now, your screen is mirrored with Apple TV.
- Open your Sky Go app and start your streaming.
Screen Mirrors Sky Go on Apple TV from Mac
Sky Go app is available on Mac too. Just like iOS devices, you can mirror your Mac to the Apple TV.
- Download the Sky Go app on your Mac from the Sky Go website.
- Log into your account with the pay-TV service provider.
- Connect your Mac and your TV with the same network.
- Open your Sky Go app and start to play any video.
- Go to the Airplay icon on the menu bar.
- Click on that Airplay icon and select Apple TV.
- Now, your Mac screen is mirrored on Apple TV.
Read More: Fix Apple Tv no sound issue
Screen Mirror Sky Go on Apple TV from Android
- Connect your Android phone or your Apple TV with the same Wi-Fi network.
- Download the Mirror360 app on your Android phone.
- Go to the app and select the Apple TV name.
- Click on Start Now.
- Now, your Android phone screen is mirrored on your Apple TV.
- Go back to the Play Store to download the Sky Go app on your Android phone.
- Go to the Sky Go app and start playing any video.
- Now, you will see the same on your Apple TV.
What can I watch on Sky Go?
You can stream your favorite channels on Apple TV with the help of the Sky Go app, live sports, dramas, movies, and more.
There are some popular channels like channel 4, channel 5, ITV, Comedy, Sky Atlantic, Fox, Cartoon network, etc.
You can enjoy all the channels on Apple TV comfortably. Thus you can enjoy Sky Go content on your Apple TV. BBC iPlayer, All4, and ITV Hub on Apple TV, allowing you to keep all your favorites in one place.
Read More: Apple TV not working: how to fix
On what other device can I watch Sky Go
You can watch Sky Go on many devices with the ability to watch on mobile as well. That includes Android, iOS, Mac, and PC.
You can watch Sky Go on PS4 and other gaming consoles but you need to pay an additional fee which allows you to install the app on PlayStation and Xbox, as well as download and watch later features.
Read More: Watch Xfinity Comcast stream on Apple TV
What are the other compatible devices for Sky Go?
You can install Sky Go on another device like
- Firestick/ Fire TV
- Roku TV
- LG Smart TV
- Chromecast Sky Go to TV
- Nvidia shield
What are the other streaming services compatible with Apple TV?
Apple TV is compatible with some streaming devices like:
- HBO Max on Apple TV
- Disney Plus
- BBC iPlayer
- All4 Apple TV
Can I watch the Sky Go video on Apple TV?
Since Sky Go is not available on Apple TV, you can watch by screen mirroring using iOS or Mac devices.
Why is Sky Go on Airplay not working?
Sky Go is a compatible device with Apple TV, Sky Go streaming problems will occur when your network connection is not stable.
When will they launch the Sky Go app for Apple TV?
The broadcaster will officially launch the Sky Go app in 2022, on Apple TV including the sky subscribers.
How much is the Sky Go subscription?
If you have a Sky TV subscription then you can access it for free, well it starts at £26 per month.
You may also like:
The Launch of the Sky Go app on Apple TV makes it easier for Sky TV subscribers to watch content from home. You need any cable or Wi-Fi Sky Q box to connect for streaming. You can record live shows for watching later.
Here you have seen a way to watch Sky Go on Apple TV. All the ways are easy, you don’t need to do extra work to watch Sky Go on Apple TV.
Now enjoy your favorite streaming from the Sky Go app on your Apple smart TV.