We all know that Netflix is considered the best OTT streaming platform. On Netflix, you are able to watch a wide array of TV shows, movies, and other Netflix Originals.
There is no other app like Netflix, that gives you such amazing content. But sometimes Netflix also has some issues. In this article, we will know how to fix Netflix not working on Wi-Fi.
Netflix is a platform that requires a very high speed and stable internet connection to be streamed.
You can also stream Netflix content using your mobile data or a Wi-Fi network. If you are facing any issue regarding Netflix not working then this guide is for you.
1. Check if you are network can play Netflix
Public networks: usually public networks or public Wi-Fi are for those places that are in open areas like cafes, hotels, and schools. You have to ask if the Netflix services are blocked.
Private networks: check if your connection is slower than your recommended speed. You can contact your internet service provider.
Connections like Mobile hotspot cellular data satellite networks might be slower to use Netflix.
Read More: Does Netflix have a student discount
2. Go to the official website of Netflix on a web browser
- Using a computer, phone, a tablet connects to the same network or Wi-Fi as a device with the problem.
- Open any web browser and then go to the official website of Netflix.
- After that, from the top right corner click on Sign-in.
- Now sign in to your Netflix account
If you are getting the error NSEZ-403, it means that we cannot connect your account to Netflix right now you can try again later.
If you didn’t get any kind of error then you can continue further to the next steps.
Read More: How to watch Netflix on Firestick
3. Restarting your home network to fix Netflix not working
Here are the easy and simple steps that will help you to restart your home network. These steps are given below:
- Turn off your device
- Then unplug your modem and router from power.
- You have to wait for 30 seconds.
- Then plug in your modem again.
- After that wait for a minute.
- Now plug in your router.
- Again wait for a minute.
- Try to launch Netflix again.
Some modems and routers may take a longer time to reconnect.
Read More: How to enable restricted mode on Netflix
4. Restart your Apple device
To restart your Apple device you need to follow the given steps:
1. You have to press and hold the side button and one of the volume buttons at the same time until the sliders appear in front of you.
You need to drag the talk slider to turn your device completely off.
If the sliders don’t appear in front of you then you need to press and hold the sleep button until the red slider appears and then drag the slider.
2. After a wait of 10 seconds, you have to press the sleep button.
3. Once your device is powered on then you can try to launch Netflix once again.
Read More: Best Alternatives of Netflix
5. Resetting the Netflix app
If nothing works and the error is coming then you need to reset the Netflix app. So, to reset the Netflix app you need to follow the given steps:
- From the home screen of your device you have to select the settings option
- Now swipe a little down until you find the Netflix app on your device.
- Select the Netflix
- Now slide the reset switch to the on position.
If you didn’t see the reset switch then you can continue troubleshooting below.
- You need to press the home button to return to the home screen.
- After that press the home button twice and swipe right and tell you to find the Netflix app on your device.
- Swipe up on the Netflix app to close your recent session.
- Now Press the home button twice to return to the home screen.
- Now you can try Netflix again.
Read More: Funimation App not Working
6. Restoring the default connection setting
If recently you have changed the connection on your device then you will all need to change them back to default.
These settings may include:
- Various custom modem settings
- VPN or proxy service settings
- Custom DNS settings
If you need any kind of help in changing these settings then you have to contact the device manufacturer.
Once you have reset the TV settings then you can try Netflix again.
7. Turning off VPN proxy or unblocker apps and services.
As we all know Netflix allows us to watch TV shows and movies through a VPN but these VPN proxy and unblocker apps may cause problems or change which TV shows and movies are available to watch.
If you are using these apps or services, you can try these steps:
- You need to turn off the app and services and try again to launch Netflix.
- You can also reset the network setting on the device with the issue.
- Restore your modem or router to your Internet provider’s default settings.
If you are having an IPv6 connection:
- Netflix will work according to the standard of IPv6 connections.
- Netflix doesn’t work with those connections that tunnel IPv6 traffic over an ipv4 network.
Read More: Best Stock Apps for iPhone
8. Contact your internet service provider for help
If all the above methods are not working or not fixing your Netflix not working then you can contact your internet service provider.
They will tell you if your modem or router setup is working correctly or not.
Final thoughts for this article
I hope this content is useful to you. If you are facing any kind of issues related to this content, ask them in the comment section.
I am here to solve your queries within a possible time. I will be glad if you like the content.