Although apple is getting better but that does not mean it does not malfunction. And if this happens with you then you are at the right place. Want to learn how you can fix your Apple Tv if it is not working properly or if you have any problem. We will be helping you through every problem of yours.
Apple TV is an online streaming device that comes with a simple remote, which provides its users the facility to navigate between the different apps, its menu, and other facilities.
Apple TV also stands out for its features like streaming videos and music through iTunes, rental videos from the iTunes store, films on-demand, and HD content.
All these services can be accessed through the help of a WiFi connection. You can also enjoy integration with iCloud which makes it extremely easy to share different content between your Apple devices such as iPhone and iPad.
Apple Tv is an easy device to use and it is one of the best products that Apple has ever produced after iPhone. Apple Tv is a good device to have in case you are wondering which apple product you can choose, without a doubt you can purchase Apple Tv. However, there are still some issues finding their way around this product.
It’s a bit frustrating at times when you can’t get your Apple Tv working or even start it properly. There might also be other problems you might face with the product, like getting stuck in blue screen mode or screen flickering on/off. How to over come this? You need to read further.
Troubleshooting Tips: Apple Tv is not working
As Apple Tv has become more famous, App developers have been publishing apps that functions differently than they used to and it’s very important to understand what it does and how to make this better.
Take a look at these troubleshoot process if your Apple Tv is not working properly:
1. If Your Apple TV has stopped working
Apart from this, We will talk about some technical difficulties also like-
1. Restart Apple Tv
This is one of the most famous and easily executed processes which every single person knows how to do. You can choose to restart your apple Tv in three ways. They are:
- Firstly, go to settings on your apple Tv, click on system settings, and then on restart. Your device will restart instantly.
- The other way to do this is via unplugging the HDMI cable, plugging it back in again after waiting for 5 seconds.
- And lastly, Press and hold the back /menu/tv button on the Siri remote until the status light on Tv starts to blink rapidly.
2. Unplug and plug the HDMI cable again
You need to plug out your Apple Tv, wait for a couple of minutes, and plug it back in again. Doing this will help you to clear any issue with your device.
Sometimes when the cable gets loose or there might be some other issues with it, you can usually solve this problem by just unplugging the cable from your device and then connecting back again.
3. Reboot Apple Tv
The last resort- If nothing works out for you, try rebooting your Apple Tv.
This usually fixes most of the technical glitches in the device which have caused huge issues in its functioning and performance in the current time.
2. An app has stopped working
If you find out that an app has stopped working or you are getting a notification that it is not working properly, follow this:
- Go to the settings section of your device and then scroll down.
- Find the option “reset app preferences”. You need to tap on it
- And then select all apps.
- You will now see a message stating that the reset process of the app is being done. This will clear the cache retaining by the apps.
4. Apple Tv is glitchy
Sometimes we find that Apple Tv is being glitchy very often. If you are facing issues regarding the performance of your Apple Tv. Most probably it’s some technical issue you are facing due to its issue with memory or internal storage.
You can either contact Apple support and they will guide you through the entire process of fixing this problem.
5. Apple Won’t turn on
If your Apple Tv is not starting or won’t turn on, the first thing that you need to do is to try different cables and different ports which you are using.
This happens because of the issue of broken or torn cables you are using. Make sure that you are using the right and proper cables.
7. The apple Tv freezes
Apple TV may be forced to restart using the Siri remote, even if it is frozen. To do this you need to hold down the Menu and Home (TV screen) buttons for at least 6 seconds.
Once you have done this your Apple TV base unit’s front light will begin to flicker quickly. To restart your Apple TV you need to release the buttons.
If the Apple Tv still freezes, you can try unplugging it and then plug it back in again. This solves most of your Apple Tv freezing problems. You should also make sure that you are using the latest version of its operating system to improve its performance and overall functioning.
9. The screen goes blank
The only solution for this issue is updating your Apple Tv. This is mostly caused due to outdated versions. Probably it is one of the most annoying issues that we have been experiencing with our Apple TV lately.
Many users have reported that their device has been suffering from this problem. Make sure that you have updated your device properly before getting into this issue to solve it instantly.
10. Insufficient disk space
If you have a large number of applications and games installed on your Apple TV, you may run out of storage space over time. The obvious solution is to remove unused apps and games. However, if you do this from the home screen, there are four steps required to remove the app.
1. Highlight the app you want to remove and press and hold the trackpad until the icon starts shaking. Press the play / pause button. Select Delete.
2. Click Delete again to confirm. Removing multiple apps can take a considerable amount of time. An easy way to remove apps is also to show how much valuable storage space each app is using, go to Settings> General> Manage Storage.
3. Applications are sorted in descending order of file size. Click the trash can icon on the right side of the app and click Remove to remove each app.
You may also like:
- How to Mirror iPhone to TV without Apple TV?
- Turn Your Non-Smart TV Into a Smart TV?
- How To Watch Xfinity Stream on Apple TV?
So, here we have covered every possible reason and tried our best to give you the solution to fix when your Apple tv not working properly.
But still, if you find it difficult to make your Apple TV work properly, to fix any technical issue with your Tv or any other apple-related problem, you need to contact Apple Support.
As it is the only place where you will get instant help from technicians. They will eliminate all your issues and help you in providing the best service for your devices.