Do you really wanna change your Spotify username? If you are a Spotify lover, this article is definitely for you.
As we all know Spotify gives us access to music from all over the world and also it has an inbuilt intelligent algorithm.
Here in this article, you will get to learn how to Change Your Spotify Username.
But, it has a problem that your friends are not able to find you on Spotify. So you need to change your Spotify username. This topic will help you to do so.
Basically, your username on Spotify is designed to identify you so you cannot change the username that displays on Spotify.
BTW, you don’t need to use your username to log in to Spotify. Instead of that, you can use your email address or password to log in to your account.
You can also log in to your Spotify account by signing up with Facebook Apple, or your phone number.
The display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, and playlist. Here are the steps to follow to change your Spotify display name:
How to change your display name on mobile and tablet?
To change your display name on mobiles and tablets then you need to follow these given steps:
- Tap on the home option
- Then tap on the settings option
- After that tap on the view profile option
- Tap on the edit profile option
- Tap on your display name to change it
Pro Tip: You can also easily add or change your profile photo from here.
- Now tap on the save button
How to change your display name on the desktop?
To change your display name on the desktop then you need to follow these given steps:
- You have to click on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the ‘profile’ option.
- Then, click on your profile name and edit the details.
- Click on Save.
Detailed Instructions to change your display name on Spotify?
Before we get into that topic, change your display name on Spotify. Let me make you clear about one thing, your username is not the same thing as your display name.
Your Spotify display name is always the name that you will see once you access the Spotify account on any device.
Changing your Spotify display name is a very straightforward and simple way however that is clean and can only be changed by mobile device or Tab on the Spotify app.
Here are the simple steps that you have to follow:
- You have to open the Spotify app on your mobile device or Tablet.
- Then tap on your library option from there.
- After that, you have to click on the gear icon which you get in the upper right corner of the screen.
- You have to select the option ‘view profile’.
- Tap on the ‘edit profile option.
- After that tap on your current display name. Change it according to you.
- Then tap on the save button
Now you can see your display name will appear to other people that you have changed however changing the Spotify username is a different thing.
Can you change your Spotify username?
Unfortunately, Spotify doesn’t allow you to change your username on Spotify. Every username is unique to each account.
You cannot customize it by yourself. It is assigned to you by Spotify and it can be a string of random numbers and letters also it is not easily memorable.
So this is the reason a username cannot be changed. Basically, it is attached to the account.
However, if you want to have a more coherent and memorable username on Spotify. You can easily create a new account with the help of a customized username.
What can you change on Spotify?
If you have created your account using an Email address your username will definitely appear on your profile.
The username makes it difficult for people to find you; they can find you easily if they already know your unique username. So you need to set up a display name that can remedy this.
Your display name is a customizable profile name that usually replaces your username.
Your Spotify auto generates your username as your display name cannot be used to log in to your Spotify account.
Your friends can also try to search for you by the display name on Spotify otherwise they will start into an ocean of similar display names to find you.
Connect your Spotify with Facebook to Change your username
If you are getting an option to connect your Spotify account to Facebook then your Facebook name will replace your current username.
So if you want to connect your Spotify account with Facebook then you need to follow the given steps:
- So you have to open the Spotify app and then go to the top right corner and click on the drop-down arrow which is next to your profile picture and name.
- Now you have to select the settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Then you need to click on connect to Facebook which is under the ‘social’ settings option.
- Now enter your login details and then click on login.
- After you log in to your Spotify account by using Facebook your username will automatically change to your Facebook name.
On mobile (both Android and IOS)
- Open the Spotify app on your mobile device and then click on the home icon of Spotify.
- Go to the top right corner of Spotify and then click on the settings icon.
- Then click on connect to Facebook which is inside the social tab of Spotify.
- Now enter your login details and log in to your Spotify account by using Facebook.
- After you log in to your Spotify account here username will change to your Facebook name.
You May Also Like
Final thoughts for this article
So the username on Spotify represents you. Therefore you are able to control how your username looks and reads.
I hope this content will definitely help you If you want to change your username on Spotify.
I hope this content is useful to you if you are facing any problems regarding this article feel free to ask them in the comment section.
I will try to solve your queries as soon as possible for me. Thank you for reading this article.
Stay healthy and stay happy.