Reels can be called a new version of Tik Tok. But sometimes we get pissed off watching these short videos, sometimes because of the content and sometimes because of our mood.
So in this content, you will get a guide on how to disable reels on Instagram.
After the Tik Tok band in India, Instagram announced a new feature that is similar to Tik Tok called reels.
Users can easily create a short video and then set a piece of music on that video and it can be sharable with their friends’ followers and on other social media platforms.
Ways to disable reels on Instagram
There are following ways to disable Instagram real are as follows:
1. Start using your Instagram on a web browser
One of the best ways to get rid of Instagram reels is to start using your Instagram on the web browser.
You can easily log in to your Instagram account by using any web browser like Google Chrome Mozilla Firefox and any other web browser.
After you successfully log in to your Instagram account you will be able to use Instagram without reels.
- If you want to get rid of Instagram reels then, you can use Instagram on your browser.
- You can open your Instagram account on any web browser like Google Chrome Safari or anything that you wish to.
- Basically, Instagram reels are not available on the Browser version.
The browser experience is not as good as the Instagram app.
2. Use the old versions of Instagram to disable reels on Instagram
- You can go to the APK link of Instagram to download the Instagram non-reels version.
- After that, you need to install the APK by allowing unknown sources.
- Then you need to disable auto-update. You can search that on Google Play Store by searching for Instagram and then tap on the three dots menu on the top and then disable auto.
Instagram added reels in 2020. Basically, I am not sure about the exact version of Instagram. But recently I found a version that had no reels feature built-in.
You can install the Instagram app by visiting an APK and then logging in. After the successful login, you will be able to use the Instagram app on your device without reels.
Make sure that you need to prevent Instagram from updating by turning off the auto-update option on Google Play Store.
It’s a little hard on the iOS system to download an older version of Instagram. You need to jailbreak your iPhone.
Basically, it is not recommended by us. Instead, you can use Instagram on a web browser to get rid of reels.
3. Use Instagram to avoid Instagram reels
Now Instagram lite doesn’t support reels. But it might be possible that Instagram lite will update anytime soon.
Instagram light is available on Google Play Store and Apple app store you can easily download it from there.
You can easily download and log in to use Instagram without reels.
Basically, Reels are similar to Tik Tok. Reels help people to create short videos and set them to music and they can be sharable with friends and followers.
Read More: How to use Instagram Geotags
How can you hide reels on your Instagram feed?
To hide reels on your Instagram feed you need to follow these given steps:
- Open the Instagram app on your device and then tap on the explore tab.
- Now tap on the Instagram real that you want to hide from your feed.
- After that, you have to tap on the button with three vertical dots.
- At last, you have to tap on the height button to remove the content of the reel from your feed.
Read More: How to add links to your Instagram Stories
How to remove your own Instagram reels?
If you are an Instagram creator and you are looking to remove your own reels. Then basically you need to follow these given steps.
Make sure that you cannot retrieve the deleted reel back.
- Launch the Instagram app and go to your profile.
- Now go to the reels tab and then select the video that you want to delete.
- Open the video and after that tap on the three dots icon and tap on delete.
- Now you can see your Instagram reel video is deleted permanently.
Read More: How to use Instagram for Business
How can you report someone’s Reel on Instagram?
So, if you want to report someone’s real on Instagram then you need to follow the given steps:
- Tap the right corner of your reel that you want to report.
- Then tap on the report option and follow the on-screen instructions.
Read More: How to achieve message on Instagram
Frequently asked questions
Can you turn off Instagram reels?
Yes, you can easily turn off Instagram. If you want to do this, open the Instagram app on your device.
Then go to your profile after that tap on the three lines on the top left corner of the screen. And then tap on settings scroll down a little and tap the reels option.
And finally, toggle the switch off.
How can you turn off the reels notification?
If you want to turn off the reel notification, you have to open the reel app and then go to the settings.
Under the notifications option, you have to disable the “include in reel” switch.
How can you hide your reels from the profile grid on Instagram?
If you want to hide your reels from your profile grid. You need to follow the given steps:
- Open the reels app on your device.
- Tap on the three lines that are on the top left corner of your screen.
- From there you have to tap on grid view and then toggle the show in grid option.
Do the reels show up on your feed?
Yes, the reels show up on your feed. Also, it is a great way to share short videos with your friends and family.
You May Also Like
So, here you got the way that helps you to remove reels from Instagram.
I hope this short tutorial is helpful to you for more helpful guides, read our blocks regularly. And if you are having any kind of issue regarding this article ask them in the comment section.