Chrome Remote Desktop is a tool that allows you to access files and applications on another PC over the network using your PC or mobile device. This free tool is available on your PC. Just download the Chrome Remote Desktop app.
In the olden days, remote access to computers required all sorts of expensive and complex software. But today’s scenario is different.
With Chrome Remote Desktop, you can log in to your account or work account to access your files from anywhere in the world.
Is Chrome Remote Desktop Safe To Use?
It’s very convenient, but it’s a good idea to leave it disabled unless you need the service. Remote access to your computer may sound like a security threat. If you’re worried that it could be a gateway for hackers who could steal your personal information and destroy your system.
It’s not. PINs are safe, especially if you want to allow other users access to your PC. It depends on the access code.
Unused code will expire in a few minutes for added protection. Also, the entire session uses a secure SSL connection and is AES encrypted. Now let’s dig deeper and look at some of the strengths and weaknesses.
- Just like many other tools from Google, this tool is also absolutely free to use.
- You don`t have to spend a penny accessing your files remotely.
- No formal training is required to use the tool.
- Compatible with almost all devices and can be accessed from anywhere on the globe.
- Offers basic and intuitive functions that most of us would want.
- You can protect your files/data by setting the desired PIN.
- No chat alternative is to be had which can have been beneficial even as replacing file/information with the far-off person in real-time.
- If by some means you are a distance from the chrome browser you won’t be capable of using Chrome Remote Desktop. This device calls for the chrome browser to paint efficiently.
- Do not help you drag and drop the documents to ship them to the far-off computer.
- It offers you the choice to reboot the far-off PC even if the person isn’t gifted and reconnect robotically without finishing the energetic session.
- Now no longer join dozens of connections with distinct community environments simultaneously.
This tool could be one of the best options for you if you want to connect with your device on the go or you want to help anybody with quick PC fixes.
How to Use Chrome Remote Access To Your Computer?
Setting up remote access (Mac, Window, or Linux Computer)
- Open Chrome browser on your PC
- Type remotedesktop.google.com/access. In the address bar
- Click Download under Remote Access Settings.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to download.
If you have a computer password, you may be prompted to enter it to allow access to Chrome Remote Desktop. When prompted, change your security settings in Settings.
How To Share your Computer With Others Through “Chrome Remote Desktop”
You can give others remote access to your computer. However, keep in mind that you have full access to each file and document.
- Open Chrome browser on your PC
- Type remotedesktop.google.com/support in the address bar at the top.
- Click Download under getting Support
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download
- Under Get Support, select Generate Code
- Copy the code and send it to anyone who wants to grant access to your computer
- After entering the access code, a dialog box showing your email address will appear.
- Select Share to allow full access
- Stop Sharing stop sharing the current session.
The access code is disposable. Every 30 minutes you will be asked if you want to continue sharing.
How to Access a Computer Remotely on Android?
Note: Please check that you are using the latest version of the Chrome Remote Desktop app.
- Open Chrome Remote Desktop app on your Android Phone or Tablet. You can simply download it from Google Play Store if you don’t have one.
- From the list select the PC you want to access. If a PC is greyed out, it means it’s unavailable or offline.
- There are two different modes in which you can control the computer. In the toolbar, tap the icon to switch between modes.
- Click on [Trackpad Mode] for controlling actions with a virtual mouse pointer.
- Click on [Touch Mode] for controlling actions with taps.
All chrome remote desktop sessions are absolutely encrypted for your security.
How to Access a Computer Remotely on iPhone & iPad
Note: Please check that you are using the latest version of the Chrome Desktop app. This method is exactly the same as we did for the Android Phone or Tablet
- Open the Chrome Remote Desktop app on your iPhone or iPad. If you don’t have it, download it from iTunes if you don’t have one.
- From the list select the PC you w. Select the PC you want to access from the list.
- If your PC is grayed out, it means it is unavailable or offline.
- There are two different modes in which you can control your computer. Tap the hamburger icon on the toolbar [Details]
- Click Trackpad Mode and control the action with the virtual mouse pointer.
- Click Touch Mode to control tap actions.
How to Troubleshoot “Chrome Remote Desktop”?
In case you come across any problem. Try the tips below:
- If the page does not open, check the connection of the device you want to connect to.
- If your PC is on your school or work network, you may not be able to grant access.
This troubleshooter is for every device I have mentioned above.
You may also like:
- Top 10 Bluetooth External Hard Drive & Storage Device
- How To Lock Google Chrome Profile With Password?
- 10 Best Tools For Working Remotely From Home
Chrome Remote Desktop is the perfect solution for businesses and organizations looking for a cheap or free desktop solution. This is a one-stop solution to avoid getting too complicated.
I like how easy it is to use this tool. Especially if you want to support everyone using an operating system that can be fully run from a browser.
Not only is Remote Desktop free to use, but it’s also very easy to set up. Accessing this tool is as easy as logging in to your email account.