Concerned about recovering deleted Instagram messages? Sometimes you might delete your old chat and completely forget about the important information which is mentioned in that chat. However, you no longer need to be concerned about your Instagram deleted chat.
Today, we’ll discuss a popular Instagram search topic: “How to Recover Instagram Deleted Messages?”
You may also find yourself in the unfortunate situation of accidentally deleting a chat. But you have no idea how to recover the messages. The situation worsens when you discover that important information that was also available in the chat has been deleted.
As Instagram comes with many advanced features, it allows sharing stories, images, videos, links, other users’ profiles, and even many more. So we frequently use Instagram to share content, but issues arise when our messages are deleted.
I will describe to you the ways which are very effective and useful for recovering deleted messages. So go through this article and learn how you can solve this problem
Restore or Recover Instagram Deleted Messages
Lat’s take a look at these top 3 possible ways to get back your deleted messages on Instagram:
1. Download Data from Instagram Servers
Whatever we do in our Instagram account, such as commenting on someone’s image, searching someone’s profile, private chats, and many other integrated activities, is saved on Instagram’s servers.
As a result, you can recover your messages and other data from this location. Let’s talk about recovering message data from Instagram servers.
- First of all, open the Instagram website in the browser of your pc or laptop. As it doesn’t work in the Instagram app. If you don’t have a pc or laptop you can open it in your phone’s browser and view it as a desktop site.
- Enter your Login details on Instagram’s website in your browser. After logging in click on your Profile’s icon.
- Go to SETTINGS—click on PRIVACY AND SECURITY.
- Click on DATA DOWNLOAD (Request Download Data).
- A page will open to write your email address, on this email id your data will be sent. Click on request download and then write your Instagram login details.
- Instagram will send you an email containing the data. Open your email, check your inbox and open the email and download the attachment.
- A zip file will be saved in your phone storage. Unzip the file.
- In the unzipped folder, find the file “messages.json”. Open it in a text editor.
Now you can see all the messages you sent or received in your chats.
Instagram may take some time to send the email containing the message data. So, you have to wait for 48 hours. But, sometimes it takes so much time.
- This is a safe method, as we are not dependent on third-party apps and services.
- If you submit the right information, then definitely you will get the result from the Instagram side.
- It takes a minimum of 48 hours to deliver the report. Sometimes more than that.
Read More: How to Get Verified on Instagram?
2. Use Facebook to recover your Instagram Deleted messages data
As we all know that Facebook and Instagram are connected social media platforms. You can only use Instagram to post a story or a photo to both of your accounts. Facebook purchased Instagram in 2012. So in case if your Facebook and Instagram accounts are connected then it’s grateful for you.
You will recover your data easily from here. So, if your messages are accidentally deleted, you can recover them through Facebook using your linked Facebook account.
- Open Facebook on the pc. But, if you don’t have a pc you can open it in your mobile browser to open the website in the desktop site version. But don’t use the Facebook app or Facebook lite app.
- Enter your login details and log in to your FB account.
- After logged in go to inbox.
- Move to the left pane and click on Instagram Direct Icon.
Here you will find your all Instagram DMs (Direct Messages).
- You don’t require to share your information with the other software.
- Messages will automatically saved into the inbox folder.
- Instagram and Facebook must contain the with the same Email ID.
3. You can use 3rd Party application to recover Instagram Deleted messages Data
Caches are saved in your device by every Android or iPhone device. These caches, as you are aware, are used to recover our data from any third-party application.
To save data, we also use tools such as story savers and other apps. However, they do not actually save; instead, they use previously saved caches and convert them to the format we require. Let’s look at the apps that are available in the Appstore or Playstore.
The following applications are available for Android.
It is an excellent smartphone recovery device. You can also use this for Windows and Mac, but the versions are different.
There is no need to worry if you have mistakenly deleted a message on Instagram. And what’s more, you can use this tool to recover messages from other apps too! You can recover photos, videos, audio files, and documents that have been accidentally lost or missing.
- Fast And Reliable For Recovering.
- Easy to understand.
- Provides Paid Service.
2. DR. FONE BY WONDERSHARE
DR. FONE BY WONDERSHARE is also one of the popular and trusted software for the recovery of android data. It is very helpful in getting data lost by rooting errors, formatting, factory reset, etc.
Also, It is helpful to get your data back to your device by restoring caches and other files. You can download images, audio files, call history, WhatsApp, and many other documents from android devices.
For iPhone, there are two apps that are widely used U.FONE and IMYFONE D-BAC. So, You can use these apps for recovering your data including Instagram deleted messages.
- Congenial for Both Android & iOS.
- Easy interface and easy to use.
- Pricing are a lit bit higer side.
- Sometimes doesn’t provide you the desired result as in some cases doesn’t recover compete data.
You can easily recover photos, videos, messages, contacts, and other data from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod. Using the methods outlined above. There are the apps I mentioned earlier. You can also easily download these tools on Windows and Mac.
By the way, these are the only methods for recovering deleted Instagram messages. Because it may contain personal information or other media such as images, videos, or documents.
It is critical to recover your deleted messages. Because Instagram is so popular around the world, many people want to recover their deleted messages.