Instagram is one of the popular social media platforms nowadays. It is widely being used by all the age groups of people whether and most common among youths and youngsters. And today we are going to talk about a popular search topic on the internet related to Instagram that’s “How to recover Instagram Deleted Messages?”.
You may also face this situation that unfortunately or by mistake a chat will be deleted by you. But, you don’t know how to recover the messages again. The situation becomes worse when you find that some important information that’s also available in the chat is deleted.
As Instagram comes with many advanced features, it allows sharing stories, images, videos, links, other user’s profiles, and even many more. So we use Instagram frequently to share content but problems occur when our messages are deleted.
I will describe to you the ways which are very effective and useful for recovering the deleted messages. So go through this article and learn how you can solve this problem
Restore or Recover Instagram Deleted Messages
Lat’s take a look at these top 3 possible ways to get back your deleted messages on Instagram:
1. Download Data from Instagram Servers
Whatever activity we do in our Instagram account is saved on Instagram’s servers, like commenting on someone’s image, searching someone’s profile, our private chats, and many other integrated activities.
So you can recover your messages and other data from here. Let’s discuss how to recover message data from Instagram servers.
- First of all, open the Instagram website in the browser of your pc or laptop. As it doesn’t work in the Instagram app. If you don’t have a pc or laptop you can open it in your phone’s browser and view it as a desktop site.
- Enter your Login details on Instagram’s website in your browser. After logging in click on your Profile’s icon.
- Go to SETTINGS—click on PRIVACY AND SECURITY.
- Click on DATA DOWNLOAD (Request Download Data).
- A page will open to write your email address, on this email id your data will be sent. Click on request download and then write your Instagram login details.
- Instagram will send you an email containing the data. Open your email, check your inbox and open the email and download the attachment.
- A zip file will be saved in your phone storage. Unzip the file.
- In the unzipped folder, find the file “messages.json”. Open it in a text editor.
Now you can see all the messages you sent or received in your chats.
Instagram may take some time to send the email containing the message data. So, you have to wait for 48 hours. But, sometimes it takes so much time.
- This is a safe method, as we are not dependent on third-party apps and services.
- If you submit the right information, then definitely you will get the result from the Instagram side.
- It takes a minimum of 48 hours to deliver the report. Sometimes more than that.
Read More: How to Get Verified on Instagram?
2. Use Facebook to recover your Instagram Deleted messages data
As we all know that Facebook and Instagram are connected social media platforms. You can post a story or a photo to both your accounts by using Instagram only. Instagram was bought by Facebook in 2012. So in case if your Facebook and Instagram accounts are connected then it’s grateful for you.
You will recover your data easily from here. So in case if your messages are deleted you can recover them using Facebook from your linked Facebook account.
- Open Facebook on the pc. But, if you don’t have a pc you can open it in your mobile browser to open the website in the desktop site version. But don’t use the Facebook app or Facebook lite app.
- Enter your login details and log in to your FB account.
- After logged in go to inbox.
- Move to the left pane and click on Instagram Direct Icon.
Here you will find your all Instagram DMs (Direct Messages).
- You don’t require to share your information with the other software.
- Messages will automatically saved into the inbox folder.
- Instagram and Facebook must contain the with the same Email ID.
3. You can use 3rd Party application to recover Instagram Deleted messages Data
Every android or iPhone device saves caches in your device. You know these caches are used to recover our data from any third-party application.
We also use some tools like story savers or any other apps to save data. But, they don’t actually save, they use already saved caches and convert them in the form we require. Let us discuss what are the apps available in the Appstore or Playstore.
For Android the following applications are available to you.
It is a great recovery device for your smartphone. Also, you can use this for Windows and Mac but the versions are different for them.
You can use this tool for recovering your deleted messages, not from Instagram only but also effective in some other apps. You can also recover photos, videos, audio files, messages and documents, and many more.
- Fast And Reliable For Recovering.
- Easy to understand.
- Provides Paid Service.
2. DR. FONE BY WONDERSHARE
DR. FONE BY WONDERSHARE is also one of the popular and trusted software for the recovery of android data. It is very helpful in getting data lost by rooting errors, formatting, factory reset, etc.
Also, It is helpful to get your data back to your device by restoring caches and other files. You can download images, audio files, call history, WhatsApp, and many other documents from android devices.
For iPhone, there are two apps that are widely used U.FONE and IMYFONE D-BAC. So, You can use these apps for recovering your data including Instagram deleted messages.
- Congenial for Both Android & iOS.
- Easy interface and easy to use.
- Pricing are a lit bit higer side.
- Sometimes doesn’t provide you the desired result as in some cases doesn’t recover compete data.
You can easily recover photos, videos, messages, contacts, and many more from iPhone/iPad/iPod By using these above-given methods. There are the apps that I mentioned above, Also, you can easily download these tools on Windows and Mac.
Btw, these are the only possible ways in which you can recover your deleted messages from Instagram. As it may include your personal information or any other media like image, video, or some documents.
Recovering your deleted messages is an important task. Since Instagram is so popular around the world, so there are lots of people who want to get back their deleted messages.