You are drawn to this post because either you have bought a new LG Smart tv or looking for how to download apps for LG Smart Tv.
Your LG Smart TV without apps is just like traditional TVs that had only a few Channels that were provided by the Cable operator. Smart TV has revolutionized so much that today it’s hard to resist premium content and apps.
Allows you to connect to the internet accessing the LG content Store by pressing the Home button on the remote control.
But searching for different kinds of apps has not been easy so it’s better to install apps supported and recommended by the company’s app store.
You can also stream content on your LG Smart TV using third-party apps that are recommended by the company’s app store or through an additional box such as Firestick.
If you want to know How to get Spectrum app on LG Smart TV? You can check out the link. On your LG Smart Tv, you can stream content in many ways, but one of the simplest and recommended ways for LG Smart TV owners is to use the company’s app store.
So in this post, I will be discussing how to download apps for LG Smart TV.
Read More: How To Add Apps On Vizio Smart TV?
How To Download Apps for LG Smart TV
Through LG Content Store
LG Content Store is heaven to unlimited premium content and apps. So before proceeding further make sure your LG smart TV is connected to the internet.
You will find plenty of apps, movies, and shows if you open LG Content Store. Below I will guide you on how to download apps for LG Smart TV.
So let’s hop into the steps and follow the instructions given below:
- On your remote control hit the [Home] button, You will see all the apps at the bottom of your TV screen
- Now just tap on the right arrow and look for [LG Content Store] click [OK]
- LG Content Store will load on the screen
- At the top of the screen, you can see tabs labeled as [Featured],[TV Shows],[Movies], and [Apps]. Click on [Apps]
- This will bring you inside of LG Content Store, now there is no particular search option you just have to scroll to see what’s available. So from the, you can select your genre or the app you wish to download
- Click open the app, now it says install. Press [OK] to start the installation
- Your LG Smart TV will automatically install the app and it’s ready to be launched. And is automatically added to your home screen.
Now that you know how to download apps for LG Smart TV, but there are instances you might be wondering how to delete the downloaded app.
So here is how you can delete any downloaded app.
Read More: How To Get HBO Max On My Vizio Smart Tv?
How To Uninstall Any Downloaded App
- Press the [Home] button on your LG Smart TV remote
- Now at the bottom of the screen scroll to the right until the end of the list
- At the end of the list, you will see a pencil mark, that’s for editing. Click on [Edit] you will enter into edit mode
- Now hop over to the app you want to delete, and the next step is important don’t miss it
- After selecting the app, from your remote control press the [Arrow up key]. A white little face will pop up as to press the [Arrow up key]
- Just click on [OK] on the remote control. A confirmation will pop up. Proceed and uninstall the app.
How To Download APK Apps for LG Smart TV
There are instances when you would want to install third-party apps. It’s because you heard about a specific app from your friends or family that you are willing to try.
Or perhaps the app is not available in the LG Content Store. So you can download and install the apk file to run the application on your LG Smart TV. Let see how it works:
- Open any browser on your LG Smart TV. (Whatever browser you prefer)
- On google type, in the App name, you desire to download
- And don’t forget to type apk after you type the app name you wish to download. (For eg: Netflix apk for LG smart tv). Though there is no apk available for NetFlix, it’s only for example.
- Generally, apkpure is the best site for all the apk. There are tons of APK sites, you can go with anyone.
- Now after you open the link with your specific app, just click on [Download apk] and save it.
- Now open the apk file from your file explorer on your LG Smart TV and click on [Install]
If you face any problem regarding unknown sources. Just allow downloading from unknown sources on your LG Smart TV then click on install. You’re good to go.
(Note: If you find this method difficult on the TV, you can perform the same steps on a PC or Laptop. Just search for the apk file you wish to download, download it on the PC/laptop.
And copy that APK file onto the USB Pen Drive, plug the Pen Drive into your LG Smart TV. Install the APK file, open it and now you can enjoy your app.
So there are two different methods you can use to get third-party apps. One is through the TV and the other one is through the PC or laptop.
To conclude: I have mentioned different methods on how to download apps for LG Smart TV. One is from the recommended LG Content Store and the other is how to download a third-party app or apk file.
All the methods mentioned in this post are tried and tested personally. I always try to provide the best and genuine information every time I write a post.
It takes a lot of research and development. You will find plenty of apps, movies, and shows if you open LG Content Store. Hope this will help. Stay Safe! Keep watching.