If you’re a Roku user, you may find yourself needing to know your device’s IP address for various reasons, from troubleshooting network connectivity issues to setting up a remote control app. Fortunately, finding your Roku’s IP address is a quick and easy process that can be done with or without a remote control. In this article, we’ll walk you through two methods for finding your Roku’s IP address, one using a remote control and one without.
With a remote control, finding your Roku’s IP address is a breeze. Simply navigate to the “Settings” menu on your Roku, select “Network,” and then click on “About” to see your device’s IP address displayed on the screen. However, if you don’t have a remote control or it’s not working, you can still find your Roku’s IP address by logging into your router’s admin panel and searching for the connected device list.
Knowing your Roku’s IP address can be useful for a variety of reasons, including troubleshooting network issues and setting up remote control apps. By following our step-by-step instructions, you’ll be able to find your Roku’s IP address with ease, regardless of whether you have a remote control. So, if you’re ready to take your Roku streaming experience to the next level, keep reading to learn how to find your device’s IP address and get started.
Steps to find Roku IP address without a remote
Since that is not an option for us, let us explore new ways to do so.
- Using Remoku Mobile app
- Using Chrome extension
- Via customer support
So without further ado, Let’s get to the details of each section and find out the secret procedure to do so.
1. Using Remoku Mobile app
So, After the ‘with remote’ option, the first alternative that we have is to use the Remoku Mobile app. We all know that Mobile is the only thing that never gets out of our sight. So there is no way, we cannot use this option.
Firstly Download the Remoku Mobile app on your phone and to find out the Roku IP address let’s get back to the simple process right away!
- Open the app on your phone.
- Go on the Settings option.
- And under that, you will find your Roku IP address under the About option.
Well, the steps are exactly the same as with your remote. The only difference is you won’t neglect your mobile the way you neglected the remote. (LOL)
2. Using the Chrome extension
Remoku is a web program that allows you to operate your Roku across your network using a virtual remote on your computer. As a result, it requires a feature that allows it to locate and connect to Roku devices on your network.
1. To access the Chrome Web Store, first, open Google Chrome. (There’s probably a link in your bookmarks bar if you don’t know where it is. If you don’t have one, search for “Chrome applications” on Google, and the Chrome Web Store should be the top result.)
2. When you’re at the Chrome app store, type “search” into the search box.
3. Search for “Remoku” in the Chrome app store once you’re there. The one you’re looking for is the first and only result.
4. To add it to Chrome, choose to Add to Chrome.
5. Chrome App Page Remoku
6. Remoku may be accessed by clicking the symbol in the top right corner of your Chrome window. The virtual remote will open automatically.
7. Remoku is now available on Chrome.
8. You’ll see your app’s menu across the top. Make a selection of options. All of the methods for connecting to your Roku may be found in the top box of the settings menu.
9. Most people will be OK with the default IP address, but if you’ve made any modifications to your network, be sure the setup matches. The next line allows you to define the number of Rokus on your network and begin looking for them Remoku Settings.
10. Remoku will search your network’s IP address range for IP addresses that belong to Roku devices. It’ll list them for you after it detects them, and you’ll be able to identify your Roku IP address.
3. Via Customer Support.
You can contact customer service with your Roku serial number. You may reach them via live chat, web form, or phone at +44 203 684 1123. And ask them right away.
Steps to find Roku IP address with a remote
Here are the detailed steps on how to find your Roku IP address with a remote:
- Turn on your Roku and navigate to the home screen by pressing the Home button on your remote.
- Using the remote control, scroll down and select “Settings”. Press the OK button to select it.
- In the Settings menu, scroll down and select “Network” by pressing the OK button.
- In the Network menu, select “About” by pressing the OK button.
- On the About screen, you will see your Roku’s IP address displayed on the right-hand side of the screen. The IP address will be listed as “IP Address”.
That’s it! You have now successfully found your Roku’s IP address using the remote control. Knowing your device’s IP address can be helpful for troubleshooting network issues or setting up a remote-control app. If you need to access your Roku’s settings in the future, simply use the remote to navigate to the home screen and follow these steps again.
You may also like:
In conclusion, finding your Roku’s IP address is a simple process that can be done with or without a remote control. Whether you need to troubleshoot network issues or set up a remote control app, knowing your device’s IP address is crucial. By following the instructions outlined in this article, you’ll be able to locate your Roku’s IP address quickly and easily.
With a remote control, you can navigate to the “Settings” menu on your Roku and select “Network” to find your device’s IP address. If you don’t have a remote control, you can still find your Roku’s IP address by logging into your router’s admin panel and searching for the connected device list.
Regardless of which method you choose, finding your Roku’s IP address is an essential step to ensuring a smooth streaming experience. Armed with this knowledge, you’ll be able to troubleshoot network issues and set up remote control apps with ease. So, if you’re a Roku user in need of finding your device’s IP address, follow the instructions in this article and enjoy uninterrupted streaming.
Q: Why do I need to find my Roku’s IP address?
Knowing your Roku’s IP address can be helpful for troubleshooting network connectivity issues, setting up remote control apps, and accessing your Roku from another device on the same network.
Q: What is an IP address?
An IP address is a unique identifier assigned to each device on a network. It allows devices to communicate with each other and access the internet.
Q: Can I find my Roku’s IP address without a remote control?
Yes, you can still find your Roku’s IP address without a remote control by logging into your router’s admin panel and searching for the connected device list.
Q: How do I log into my router’s admin panel?
To log into your router’s admin panel, you will need to enter your router’s IP address into a web browser. The default login credentials can typically be found in the router’s documentation or on a sticker on the bottom of the device.
Q: Can I change my Roku’s IP address?
Yes, you can change your Roku’s IP address by adjusting your network settings in the Roku’s “Settings” menu or in your router’s admin panel.
Q: What should I do if I can’t find my Roku’s IP address?
If you’re having trouble finding your Roku’s IP address, try restarting your Roku and router, making sure they’re both connected to the same network. If you’re still unable to find the IP address, contact Roku support for assistance.