Your iPad will be of approximately no use if you are not able to access the internet from your device. And you are probably thinking why won’t my iPad connect to the internet? Well, you don’t have to wonder anymore.
It will give you the reasons why your iPad is not connecting to the internet and solutions to how you can solve the issue you are facing. You can face the issue in both cases when you are using Wi-Fi or cellular data to use the internet on your iPad.
The reason why your iPad won’t connect to the internet can be because of your network issues, or iPad issues, or some software glitches and bugs. Let’s discuss all of them in detail.
Tips before making any changes-
Make sure you are in the range of the router
The reason why the internet is not working on your iPad can be because you are out of the range. The router or modem you are using to access the internet in your daily life has a certain range.
It means that the routers work in a specified area or distance from the place where they are located. So if there are chances that you are not in the range try moving towards the router. And get in the range of the router. The Wi-Fi signal should be strong.
Check the internet connection speed
There is the possibility that you are seeing all the lines of the Wi-Fi network on your iPad but you are still not getting the flow of the internet.
This happens when you are not getting the internet connection speed. In such conditions, you won’t be able to do anything. You will get the connection properly after some time or you can contact the network services to get rid of the issue.
All you can do right now is to check the internet speed. You can simply take the internet connection speed test online anytime you want.
Too many devices connected to your network
If you are connected to a network that is connected to a lot of devices. Then you can face internet issues. Because more and more devices are connected to a network, bandwidth(which affects the speed of the internet) is divided equally among all the devices.
And when more devices are connected the internet is shared and each device gets a tiny amount of network bandwidth. So you should disconnect other devices from the network. To provide better internet to your iPad.
Read More: How To Install Spectrum Internet?
Ensure that Wi-Fi is enabled in your iPad and your network appears
Check if your iPad is connected to the right Wi-Fi network. Go to the iPad Wi-Fi settings and first check that the Wi-Fi is enabled and then check if it is connected to the right network or not. The name of the network you are connected with will display on your screen.
If you are not connected with the right network. Change the network and your problem will be solved. If your iPad is still not able to connect to the internet, there are multiple things that you can do.
We will mention them below. Keep reading the article if you wanna know. The internet connection can be because of the router, your iPad, or cellular data. First, check where the issue is then fix it.
How to fix If Your ipad not connecting to internet?
If your router has issues
Connect with a different Wi-Fi network.
To check out the reason why you are not able to connect the internet with your iPad can be the router/modem. So you should try connecting your iPad with a different network. If it does connect to the other network and you can access the internet. Then you need to fix your router.
Check the cables and wires.
First thing after finding that the issue is with the router you need to check its cables and wires. The proper condition of wires and cables is very essential for good connectivity. So check for all hardware damage very carefully.
Restart the router
If all the hardware of the router is in good condition you should try restarting your router. To do so follow the steps shown below-
- Locate the switch/power button then press the button to turn the modem/router off.
- After turning the modem/router off, unplug its power adapter from the power source. Plug it after 30 seconds or a minute.
- Now press the power button again and turn the modem/router on.
- Wait until the connection stabilizes.
- Now see if your iPad is connected to the network or not. If not, connect it manually.
Read More: How To Fix Spectrum Internet Not Working?
If the issue is with your iPod
Reconnect to your wi-fi network.
Simply reconnecting to your wi-fi network can help. All you need to do is forget your network and connect to it again.
- Click on settings and then open wi-fi settings. Now you will see the name of the network to which your iPad is connected.
- On the right-hand side of the network name, you will find a symbol like I in a circle.
- Tap on the symbol and then hit forget this network.
- Tap on forget to confirm your action and forget the network.
- This will make your iPad disconnect from the network and now you will be able to see the various available wireless networks around you.
- Click on the network to which you want to connect to and enter the password to join the network.
- See if your connectivity works fine now.
Switch on and off the Airplane mode
The airplane mode disconnects your iPad with Wi-Fi and cellular networks. So all you need to do is turn it on for a while and see if your issue gets fixed or not. Follow the following steps to do so-
- Select Settings on your iPad.
- Slide the slider next to airplane mode to the right. You will see the green which indicates that airplane mode is on and wi-fi is off.
- Wait for a minute or so and then turn off the airplane mode by sliding the slider to the left.
- The wi-fi will be on again. Check if it works fine now.
Reboot your iPad
If the above trick doesn’t work then you should try rebooting your iPad. It refreshes your iPad and removes some of the software glitches. Follow these to do so-
- Press the top/power button for a few seconds. If this doesn’t work try pressing the Power button and a volume button to turn off the iPad.
- To turn off your iPad, power off from the slider appeared.
- After your iPad gets shut down completely you need to press the power button for a few seconds until the Apple logo appears in front of you. Now restart your iPad by entering the passcode.
- See if your issue is resolved now.
Reset network setting on your iPad
- Click on the Settings app on your iPad and open it.
- Now hit the “General” tab and Open the “General” menu.
- Scroll down all the way to the bottom and hit the “Reset” button.
- It will give you multiple options to reset the various aspects of the operating system. You have to choose the network setting option.
- So hit the “Reset Network Settings” button.
- Now, enter your password.
Read More: 5 Best iPad Apps For Students
If the issue is with your cellular data
If you are using your cellular data and are not able to connect to the internet. Follow the steps shown below.
- Go to the settings on your tab
- Locate the cellular data and turn it off.
- Wait for a minute or so and turn it on again.
- If this doesn’t work then you should try reinserting your SIM card.
- Power off your iPad and take out the SIM card and enter it after a few minutes.
- Now power on the iPad and see if everything works fine.
Update your iPad iOS
Updating the operating system will fix some bugs and technical glitches. So try updating the iOS. Follow the steps shown below to do so-
- Open Settings from your Home screen.
- Choose General.
- Search and click on Software Update.
- Check if the update is available, and install it.
In the end:
Now we hope that you will not be asking why won’t my iPad connect to the internet? And all your issues will be resolved after reading the information given above.
Keep reading, keep growing.