The cache is the information and data which is stored on your device by different applications or websites to make faster progress. Because of cache data all the things which you saved earlier. In this article, we are discussing how to clear cache on Safari.
The data which is stored in the cache is used to gather the information for the specific app or website every time revisited. As we already know how important cache memory is. And what it stores.
But caching can be the reason why your iPhone has storage space issues, slow processing, a worse performance than before, specific app issues, and many more.
This is why we need to clear cache while on safari. Apple’s Safari browser caches data so it doesn’t have to be
When should you clear the cache?
Clearing the cache on a regular basis is not what we like. You need to clear the cache only for special reasons. The browser automatically deletes unnecessary data and keeps only useful data. This speeds up the process.
Safari deletes old files so you don’t have to worry about manually clearing the cache every time. Yes, we know that the cache occupies disk space, but we have disk space for it.
Therefore, you should not get angry with it and clear the cache as needed. Clearing the cache is useful if you are facing slower processing speeds, slower performance than before, problems with certain applications, and other issues where clearing the cache may help.
If your website stops working in Safari, or if your website stops loading altogether, it could be due to a conflict between the old and new versions cached by Safari.
In such cases, clearing the cache may help. Or, if you want to protect your privacy, or if you don’t want some information to existing, you need to clear the cache.
Read More: How to Download APK on iOS?
How do you clear the Cache on safari?
The Apple Safari Browser was developed specifically for the product by Apple Inc. Safari browser is mainly used on PC, Mac, iPhones, iPod touch, and iPad. It can also be used on Windows. This section describes how to clear the cache in Safari.
Clear cache on Safari for Mac
- Click on the Safari menu at the very top of your screen.
- Now tap on Clear History.
- Choose All History under the clear field.
- Tap on Clear History.
Clear cache on Safari for PC
- Open the Settings by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Tap on Reset Safari.
- Choose the items which you want to clear. Select all if that is what you want.
- Now tap on reset.
Clear cache on Mobile Safari for iOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad)
To clear cache and cookies:
- On the home screen, select Settings.
- Now select Safari.
- You will find Clear cookies and data or Clear Cookies and Clear Cache at the bottom of Safari’s settings screen.
- Confirm the action when asked.
To clear history
- Tap on Safari from the home screen.
- Choose the Bookmarks icon from the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on Clear and then Clear History.
- Your history will be deleted now.
Read More: How To Backup And Restore An iPhone?
How to clear Cookies on safari?
If clearing the cache does not resolve the issue, try clearing your cookies. Cookies are small text files used to store data from web browsers/websites located on computers, telephones, or places where you surf the Internet.
Clearing cookies also clears the saved settings of previously visited websites.
Clear cookies on Safari (iPhone)
- Open the Settings app. Scroll down to find Safari (Apple Browser).
- Click Details. Then select Website Data.
- You can now swipe left on the cookies for individual websites and tap Delete.
- If you are concerned about the privacy of a particular website, this is the best option.
- If you want to clear all cookies, tap Delete all website data and choose to delete all cookies from your phone.
- Click Delete Now to confirm the deletion.
- All cookies currently stored on your iPhone will be deleted.
Clear cookies on Safari (Mac):
- Open the Safari drop-down menu or the edit menu.
- Choose Preferences.
- Tap on Security.
- Select the option ‘show cookies’.
- Now tap on remove all options.
- Tap on done and close the preferences dialog box.
Block cookies on Safari (iPhone)
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and locate Safari.
- Choose “Block Cookies” under Privacy & Security.
- Now you have to choose whether you want to block cookies always or just for the website you visit. Choose your option as per your choice.
- If the above steps don’t work you can also try these:
- Under the Privacy and Security section, turn on”Prevent Cross-Site Tracking” by swiping the slider to the left.
- Make sure that “Block All Cookies” is turned on by swiping the slider to the left.
Block cookies on Safari (Mac):
- Open the Safari drop-down menu.
- Choose Preferences.
- Tap on Privacy in the top panel.
- Select the option ‘Block cookies’.
Shortcut to clear cache:
- If you want a shortcut to clear the cache on safari and don’t want to go through the trouble of following all these steps.
- We have a solution for you. Now you can delete the browser cache in Safari very quickly.
- All you have to do is simultaneously press 3 keys on your keyboard and you will be done.
- The cache will be erased. Press : [CMD] + [ALT] + [E].
You may also like:
- How To Allow Cookies on iPhone?
- Tips To Fix If Youtube not working on iPhone
- Best iPhone Hacks, Tips, And Tricks
In the end:
Hope you understand how to clear the cache in Safari. And why is it sometimes important to clear the cache?
If clearing the cache does not work, you need to clear the cookie to fix the problem. Learned how to clear the cache in Safari on different devices.
I hope you found this article useful. Keep reading and keep growing.