The cache is the information and data which is stored on your device by different applications or websites to make faster progress. Because of cache data all the things which you have saved earlier. In this article, we are discussing how to clear cache on Safari.
The data which is stored in cache is used to gather the information for the specific app or website every time revisited. As we already know how important cache memory is. And what it stores.
But cache memory can be the reason that your iPhone runs into storage space issues, slow processing, less efficient performance than earlier, specific application issues, and many others. That is the reason why we have to clear the cache on safari.
Apple safari browser stores the data so that it does not have to download it again each time when you revisit a site.
To speed up your process of browsing, clearing the cache will give you a fresh start and you will have no problems which you were facing earlier. We will make you learn how to clear the cache on Safari on various platforms like Mac, iPhone, and iPad.
When should you clear the cache?
Clearing the cache regularly is not what we prefer. You should only clear your cache if you have a specific reason to do so. Your browser automatically deletes the useless data and only keeps the useful one. Which helps you in processing faster.
The safari deletes old files, so you don’t have to worry about periodically deleting the cache manually every time. Yes, we know that cache takes up storage space but that is why we have storage space.
So you should not be annoyed by that fact and delete the cache when needed. Clearing the cache can be helpful when you are facing slow processing, less efficient performance than earlier, specific application issues, and some other issues where you think clearing up the cache can help.
If any site at Safari has stopped working, or if a site has stopped loading completely it can be because of conflict between an older version of it that Safari has cached and a newer one. In such cases clearing up the cache can help. Or if you want to protect your privacy or want some information to not exist, you should clear up the cache.
Read More: How to Download APK on iOS?
How do you clear the Cache on safari?
The Apple Safari browser is designed by Apple Inc. specifically for its products. The safari browser is mainly used on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPods touch, and iPad. Although it can also be used in windows.
Here we will show you how you can clear the cache on safari:
Clear cache on Safari for Mac
- Click the Safari menu at the very top of your screen.
- Now tap on Clear History.
- Choose All History under the clear field.
- Tap on Clear History.
Clear cache on Safari for PC
- Open the Settings by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Tap on Reset Safari.
- Choose the items which you want to clear. Select all if that is what you want.
- Now tap on reset.
Clear cache on Mobile Safari for iOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad)
To clear cache and cookies:
- On the home screen, select Settings.
- Now select Safari.
- You will find Clear cookies and data or Clear Cookies and Clear Cache at the bottom of Safari’s settings screen.
- Confirm the action when asked.
To clear history
- Tap on Safari from the home screen.
- Choose the Bookmarks icon from the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on Clear and then Clear History.
- Your history will be deleted now.
Read More: How To Backup And Restore An iPhone?
How to clear Cookies on safari?
If cache clearing doesn’t resolve the issue you should try deleting cookies. Cookies are small text files used to store some data by web browsers/web pages on your computer, phone, or wherever you are web surfing.
Deleting the cookies will also delete your saved settings for sites you’ve previously visited.
Clear cookies on Safari (iPhone)
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and locate Safari(Apple browser).
- Click on Advanced.
- Now choose Website Data.
- Now you can slide individual website cookies to the left and tap Delete. This is the best option to choose when you are concerned about the privacy of some specific sites.
- Choose to remove all the cookies from the phone by tapping Remove All Website Data if you want to delete all.
- Click on Remove Now to confirm the deletion.
- All the cookies currently stored on your iPhone will be erased.
Clear cookies on Safari (Mac):
- Open the Safari drop-down menu or the edit menu.
- Choose Preferences.
- Tap on Security.
- Select the option ‘show cookies’.
- Now tap on remove all options.
- Tap on done and close the preferences dialog box.
Block cookies on Safari (iPhone)
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and locate Safari.
- Choose “Block Cookies” under Privacy & Security.
- Now you have to choose whether you want to block cookies always or just for the website you visit. Choose your option as per your choice.
- If the above steps don’t work you can also try these:
- Under the Privacy and Security section, turn on”Prevent Cross-Site Tracking” by swiping the slider to the left.
- Make sure that “Block All Cookies” is turned on by swiping the slider to the left.
Block cookies on Safari (Mac):
- Open the Safari drop-down menu.
- Choose Preferences.
- Tap on Privacy in the top panel.
- Select the option ‘Block cookies’.
Shortcut to clear cache:
If you want a shortcut to clear the cache on safari and don’t want to go through the trouble of following all these steps. We have a solution for you. Now you can delete the browser cache in Safari very quickly.
All you have to do is simultaneously press 3 keys on your keyboard and you will be done. The cache will be erased. Press : [CMD] + [ALT] + [E].
Read More: How To Find Apple Watch Serial Number?
In the end:
We hope that now you know how to clear the cache on safari. And why clearing the cache is important sometimes. Well if clearing the cache doesn’t work you should try clearing cookies to get rid of the problem.
We have discussed how to clear the cache on Safari on various devices. Hope you found the article helpful.
Keep reading, keep growing.