If you’re a Discord user, you know about the text-to-speech feature that is available on Discord. But there are some people who might not understand how to use text-to-speech on Discord or have trouble while using it.
So here I’m going to guide the use of text-to-speech with some settings you can tweak on Discord.
Discord app is known to be chatting while playing games, watching movies, and doing anything activity with a group.
Discord includes a long list of Accessibility options like text-to-speech. Bots are also necessary for running your own server.
In this article, I’ll guide you to use text-to-speech as well as avoid spam messages on discord.
How to enable text-to-speech on Discord
Enabling text-to-speech is easy to get started by default. When you hear text-to-speech notifications you need to set up the process. You can confirm that text-to-speech is on by some steps:
- Go to the Settings by opening Discord from the bottom left corner.
- Tap on the left menu and select Accessibility.
- Scroll down and turn the toggle on next to Allow Playback and Usage of /tts command.
Here you could also set your text-to-speech rate. I suggest you leave your settings in the default position, but you could speed up and slow down the talking rate however you like.
Ensure to select Preview and check text-to-speech is working as you like before closing out.
Read More: Best Funny Discord TTS messages and songs
How to use text-to-speech on Discord
After setting up, you are able to start using it. You can read messages as well as send messages by using it.
Remember that there is a little difference between the Discord app and the Browser version like the Discord app includes its own unique voice for text-to-speech.
On the other hand, if you are using the browser version, the voice is available as the standard voice.
Let’s see how to use text-to-speech on Discord:
- Type /tts before your message to send a text-to-speech message. Don’t worry, the command will disappear after you send the message but the recipient will hear it and read it out loud.
- If you want to read the message then select the three dots on the right side, hover over the message, and click on Speak Message.
Read More: How to install Discord on PS4
How to set up text-to-speech notifications on Discord
You can target text-to-speech to particular messages that you receive or send.
If you turn on text-to-speech notifications, it doesn’t require the /tts command or additional activity to hear messages. When someone sends a message on a channel you will hear it read to you.
Discord app offers three text-to-speech notifications that are given below:
For all Channels
Turn on text-to-speech notifications for all messages in all channels that you are part of. I suggest you leave this off to ignore spam.
If you find any problem reading messages, then leave that channel you are not using to avoid a swarm of notifications.
For Current Channels
Turn on the text-to-speech notifications for the text channel that you are currently browsing. This setting works for particular channels, not server-wide. It doesn’t require the /tts command.
Disable all text-to-speech notifications for all channels and servers. It will disable text-to-speech notifications even if someone uses the /tts command.
It is really hard to avoid spam messages with all text-to-speech notifications turned on, harassment is against Discord Community guidelines.
These spam notification settings live in a different area than text-to-speech notifications. You can find those spam through:
- Click on the Settings icon in Discord.
- Select the Notifications option from the left menu under App Settings.
- Select the type of notifications under text-to-speech notifications.
Read More: WOW (Word of Warcraft) All Expension list
Why can’t I hear /tts on Discord?
If you have disabled /tts settings then you won’t hear /tts. Re-enabling Discord settings may fix the /tts bot in Discord. Update with the latest software can also fix the Discord /tts issues for some users.
How to use text-to-speech on Discord mobile?
Using text-to-speech on Discord is easy. To use this, add /tts before typing the message. Discord will enable this command automatically, so if it doesn’t work then check the disability of it.
Who could hear /tts Discord?
Send a voice message in any channel that you want and type /tts followed by a space, then type your message. Send the message.
The command won’t appear in your message but all the users can hear your message aloud on the channels that you have sent a voice message.
How to activate text-to-speech?
- Open the device settings.
- Select Accessibility.
- Select your language, engine, speech rate, and many more.
- The default text-to-speech engine choices vary by device.
Why can’t I use /tts?
If you are using an outdated version of software then it might be the cause that this command is not working.
If you are using a speaker configuration other than Stereo then this problem occurs. If /tts is disabling then you can’t use it.
How to turn off /tts discord?
- Scroll down to the App Settings group and click Accessibility.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Accessibility screen.
- Under text-to-speech, you see the Allow Playback and Usage of /tts Command option.
- Drag the slider to the left to disable the /tts feature.
You May Like:
- How to Fix Delayed Notification on Android
- How to play roblox on PS4
- Best high graphic games for Smartphone
Text-to-speech is the best feature in Discord, but you need to use some additional methods with notifications to get it working as you want. Text-to-speech notifications options are only plenty of clicks away.
Hopefully, this article is useful for you to avoid spam and get over the notification trouble.
If you find this information useful or you have any trouble using Discord then please tell me in the comment section. I will try to communicate with you in a short while in helpful ways.