I just started a new business and needed a professional email address to communicate with clients and colleagues. I came across 1&1 Webmail, also known as IONOS 1&1, while researching email providers online. Curious about the service, I started to explore what it offered. I learned that 1&1 Webmail provides a range of features such as personalized email addresses, spam protection, and mobile access.
Additionally, I found out that IONOS 1&1 offers web hosting, domain registration, and other services that could be helpful for business.
In this article, I will discuss about 1 and 1 Webmail everything you need to know.
What is 1 and 1 Webmail?
1&1 Webmail is an email service. It enables you to login into your webmail account anywhere by just utilizing a web browser and an internet connection. That’s all you need and you can make use of the webmail services of 1 and 1 webmail.
You would be able to carry out all the tasks that you do on a regular email like sending and receiving emails. However, instead of an email client, you would be using an internet browser, and that’s it.
Yes, it is as easy as it sounds. It will save you from all the hassles of a regular email. But if you wish to use an email client, you can add the 1 and 1 webmail into any email client and use it using the email client of your preference. Sounds awesome right?
Well, why don’t we go ahead and figure out how you get it set up for you? You can also register yourself for business webmail.
How to Use IONOS Webmail service?
There are some basic requirements for a 1and1 Ionos webmail login setup. Take a look at what basic things you are required to create a 1&1 webmail login account:
- A web address (1and1 webmail browsing address.)
- Webmail’s customer ID.
- Webmail’s Email ID and password.
- A browser.
- An electronic computer device (Desktop, Laptop, Smartphone)
- Good internet connection
Now let’s get started with setup a 1&1 webmail login account:
Set up a 1 and 1 webmail account
We will go ahead and check out the steps that you will need to use to get your webmail services set up, and get them up and running.
It is an easy task to carry out, and you would just need to follow the steps that are going to be provided to you in this article. Now, let’s check out the steps that you are going to be using. The following are the steps:
Step-1: Through any web browser, go to the website www.ionos.com.
Step-2: On the top menu you can find Email and Office. Click on it.
Step-3: The first option there, is a Professional Email Address. Click on it.
Step-4: While scrolling down, you will find 3 plans:
- Mail Basic 1 ($1/month only)
- Mail Basic 1+ ($4/month only)
- Mail Business ($5/month only)
Their plans may vary according to packages and prices.
Step-5: Choose a suitable plan and click on continue.
Step-6: Type the web address you want and then check for its availability. If it’s available then well and good, if it is not then the website will show several alternatives from which you can choose your suitability.
Step-7: Add it to the cart.
Step-8: After Adding your Webmail address to the cart, click on Continue.
Step-9: Click on create a new account.
Step-10: Fill in the information needed such as name, city, residence, etc. Set the password you want.
Step-11: Continue with payment options.
After creating your webmail account –
There are a few more things that need to be done after account creation. If you want to manage your 1and1 account emails to your primary mail like on Gmail or Yahoo, you can select the automatically forward option.
This way you can manage your 1and1 account to your primary mail account.
The next important thing you should do is to enable your security settings one is anti-spam and the other is premium virus protection.
You can use this to protect your webmail from any virus attack. After that, click on save and you can create your own 1and1 webmail login for your business email address.
Just performing these steps you can create your own personal or business webmail account.
Now that you have completed the setup process of your 1 and 1 webmail, you would need to access it.
How to login 1and1 webmail account
It is just like any other website that you have over the internet that requires you to log in. Except it has been a while since you have used a web browser to login into any account since you have an app for everything now.
You would have to follow the following steps in order to login into your 1 and 1 webmail email:
To log in, there are two methods that you can use
- Start by opening any web browser and searching for the login 1and1 email account.
- Go to the official page.
- Fill in the required credentials and click sign in.
- Just scroll down and select webmail.
If you are facing any issues while login, use these alternative steps;
- In the URL section of the browser, type login.ionos.com.
- Enter the credentials.
- Click on sign in. If you want to save the password, remember me and continue.
- Hit the login button and start your work!
If you have forgotten your password, you do not need to worry about it. You can easily gain access to your 1 and 1 webmail once again.
You can simply use an option that the services provide like any other email service of resetting your password.
How to reset your 1 and 1 webmail password
You can easily reset your 1 and 1 webmail password. Just follow a few steps, and you can get it done in very little time. You would have to use the following steps:
- Go to the official page of ionos via any web browser.
- In the top right corner, Sign in option is available. Click on it.
- Then enter the domain name or web address, whatever is required.
- For a new login password for the 1&1 webmail account, click on “Request for new password”.
- You will get a reset link on your secondary webmail account.
- Choose a password that is 12 characters long and must contain uppercase, and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters.
- After that retype it for confirmation and there you go.
Your password for the 1&1 webmail account has changed now.
Setting up your email settings in 1and1 Webmail
To manage your webmail account seamlessly, you need to have proper settings first. To avoid any login issues further, set up your login credentials to automatic mode so you do not need to enter your details manually while logging in.
You can change email settings by finding settings options in these directions.
- You can start by signing in to your webmail.
- In the top right corner, click on your name. A drop-down list will open promptly.
- Then select configure mail client from the list.
- After that scroll down to the manual settings to check your secure SSL/TLS and Non-SSL settings.
- Your settings will somehow look like this.
Incoming email settings
|User name||Full email address|
Outgoing Email Settings
These are some email account settings that you can set up manually for your webmail account.
Then you can easily set up your 1 and 1 webmail on your iPhone and Outlook email client. You can do it very easily. Let’s go ahead and check out the steps that you need to follow in order to get it set up.
Setting up 1 and 1 webmail on iPhone
You would have to follow the following steps in order to get the 1 and 1 webmail set up on your iPhone email client. The following are the steps that you need to follow:
- Go to the iPhone settings option.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, and Calendar.
- After that tap on Add account
- Tap Others.
- Enter the following details and tap Next.
- Name: Your name
- Email: Email Address
- Password: Your Password
- Select the account type: POP3 or IMAP and enter the following details:
- Under Incoming Email Server
- Hostname: imap.ionos.com
- Username: Your complete email address
- Under Outgoing Email Server:
- Hostname: smtp.ionos.com
- Username: Your complete email address
- Under Incoming Email Server
- You hit the save button.
Setting up 1 and 1 webmail on your Outlook
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2016.
- Click File on the menu bar.
- Under Account Information, click the + Add Account button.
- On the next window enter the following details:
- Your Name:
- Your Email Address:
- Retyped Password:
- Then click on Next.
- If asked if you would like to allow the setup configuration to be automatically applied, check the box and click Allow.
- Allow some time for Outlook to apply the configuration and test the email settings. When complete, click Finish.
Security Tips and Tricks for 1and1 Webmail Login
- Always set up a strong 12 characters long password, having a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters and also having numbers and special characters.
- Avoid using general passwords like birth date or your name.
- Using a general and easy password will allow predators and hackers to take control of your webmail account.
- Change your passwords more often.
- Never share your password with anyone especially when you have crucial information in your Webmail account.
- You can use tools like KeePass to store your passwords in a directory inside the software. You need a master code to log in to the directory first.
You may also like:
- Hotmail not working how to fix
- How to open Outlook in safe mode
- Fix Outlook email problem
- How to use the AdventHealth portal
1&1 Webmail is a fantastic email service that allows you to log in to your webmail account from anywhere using just a web browser and an internet connection. No more hassle with traditional email clients! You can easily send and receive emails using your favorite internet browser. And if you prefer to use an email client, 1&1 Webmail can be easily integrated with it too.
Don’t forget to enable your security settings, such as anti-spam and premium virus protection, to keep your account safe and secure. You can also manage your 1&1 account emails by forwarding them to your primary email account like Gmail or Yahoo.
So what are you waiting for? Create your own personal or business webmail account today and start enjoying the convenience and simplicity of 1&1 Webmail!
Is 1 and 1 webmail free?
1&1 webmail is included with all 1&1 IONOS hosting packages. However, if you’re not a 1&1 IONOS customer, you won’t be able to use 1&1 webmail.
Can I use 1&1 webmail on my mobile device?
Yes, 1&1 webmail is mobile-friendly and can be accessed on your smartphone or tablet using a web browser or the 1&1 Mail app.
Can I use 1&1 webmail with my own domain name?
Yes, you can use 1&1 webmail with your own domain name by setting up email hosting with 1&1 IONOS.
How much storage do I get with 1&1 webmail?
The amount of storage you get with 1&1 webmail depends on your hosting package. However, all hosting packages come with at least 2GB of email storage.