Need to change the WiFi network on the Chromecast streaming device? Chromecast can only remember one network at a time. So if you want to change your Wi-Fi networks, you will have to reset your Chromecast. This problem occurs when you don’t have a good Internet Connection.
Chromecast is a streaming service device that connects with a WiFi network to provide your streaming channels. But sometimes because of the poor quality of the network or other kinds of network problems you can’t enjoy your favorite streaming.
In such problems, you need to change your WiFi network on Chromecast to get better quality streaming without any buffering or low-resolution quality.
Here I’ll guide you to change your WiFi network on Chromecast in many ways.
How to change the WiFi network on Chromecast
First, make sure that your phone or TV and your Chromecast streaming device are connected to the same network.
To change WiFi on Chromecast, start your TV and open the Google Home app. Now, select your device and tap on the setting icon from the top right corner. Tap on WiFi after that tap on Forget this Network.
- Switch on your TV and plug in with Chromecast.
- Open the Google Home app.
- Select your Chromecast device.
- Click on the Settings (gear) icon from the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Wi-Fi
- Now, tap on Forget this Network.
- Go back to the menu.
Now, your device forgot the WiFi network, but you need to connect with another wifi network, then you are not able to connect to the network directly on your Chromecast. You will have to manually reset your Chromecast. Then you can connect it to a new WiFi network.
Read More: Cast Powerpoint to Chromecast
Change the WiFi network on Chromecast by manually resetting
To manually reset your Chromecast, press and hold the reset button on the side of your Chromecast. Now, First disconnect the USB cable, wait for 5 sec and reconnect the USB cable to your Chromecast.
- Press and hold the reset button of your Chromecast.
- Remove your USB cable from the device.
- Plug in again your USB cable into your Chromecast device after waiting for a few seconds.
- Now, you reset your Chromecast.
- You will have to set up your device again to connect with the new WiFi network.
Set up your Chromecast to Change the WiFi network
- Open the Google Home app and tap on the Plus sign from the top left corner.
- Now, select the set-up device.
- Select the set-up new device.
- Now, choose or create a Home.
- Tap on the Next button.
- Wait for the app to search the device and tap on Next.
- Now, wait for the app to connect to your device.
- Tap on the Yes button to confirm that you see the code on your TV.
- Follow the instructions that are displayed on your screen until you see the page that says “Connect to Wi-Fi”.
- Wait for the device to connect to the new WiFi network.
- You will see a screen that shows “Linking your Chromecast”, tap on the continue button or click on X from the top left corner to start streaming your device.
Read More: How to fix – Could not communicate with Chromecast issue
Failed your Chromecast set-up
Sometimes you might face difficulty connecting to your Chromecast device. You can face issues during the setup process. So there are some solutions to complete your set-up process or fully connect with Chromecast.
- Make sure both of your devices are connected to the same network.
- Check your Bluetooth is on.
- Reconnect to the network.
Read More: Chromecast ultra vs Chromecast with google tv
Can I use Chromecast without WiFi?
You will need an Internet connection to use the Chromecast streaming device.
If you don’t want to use the WiFi network then you need to connect it with a mobile network or you can connect it with ethernet. Without an internet connection, you won’t be able to use Chromecast.
Why isn’t my Chromecast connecting to my new WiFi?
Make sure you are entering the correct password. Check your Google Home app update, if it’s not updated then update it with the latest version immediately. Keep your Chromecast device near your phone or TV.
How do I change Wi-Fi settings?
- Open your notification panel by swiping down on your phone.
- Tap on the Cog icon to open the setting panel.
- Tap on network and internet.
- Tap on WiFi.
- Tap on the Cog icon again that is displayed next to your network’s name.
How can I change my WiFi name and password?
- Enter your router’s IP address into your browser.
- Log in as the administrator.
- Go to Settings and look for the Wi-Fi Name or SSID option.
- Enter your new Wi-Fi name.
- Use NetSpot and verify the change.
Where do I find my Wi-Fi name?
- Go to the notification panel and click on the WiFi icon.
- Select open network and sharing center.
- Select your Wi-Fi network name.
- Select wireless properties.
- Select the Security tab.
- Select show characters.
What happens if I reset my router?
Remember that if you want to restore your router’s settings then create a Backup file first, and save it without re-configuring it. Once you reset your router all of the factory data will be erased and settings will be reverted to their factory default.
You may also like:
- How to connect a non-smart tv to WIFI
- Fix My TV not connecting to Wifi
- How to secure my WIFI router at home
Various streaming devices allow you to stream content from smartphones and tablets to your TV or computer, but Google Chromecast is one of the best portable devices. It is a small device so you can take it anywhere but it can remember only one wifi network at a time.
Here you see it’s easy to change your WiFi network on Chromecast and set up your Chromecast device. If this content is useful for you then tell us or if you have any queries related to Chromecast then comment, and I’ll guide you in all possible ways.