What is Com Android Incallui? or what is this com incallui file for? Is a common question for Android users. So here is the answer in this article.
Android is one of the most popular operating systems out there in the market for your smartphone. Every person on the planet by now is well aware of what android is and the majority of people might even know how to use it.
But the simple user interface of the android is credited to its developers. But every now and then, we open our smartphone and start poking around in our file manager. And we come across a lot of files which we have no idea what they are for. Most of them are lying around in the android folder of the phone storage. And more often, we end up looking for answers to the many questions that come to our minds. Most common would be, “What is this file for?” and what exactly does it do? Is it essential to have? Or is it one of those files that we can simply get rid of and free up some space on our device?
One of these files is IncallUI. I came across this file as well. The name was simple enough, but I wanted to find out more details related to the file to make sure that I know exactly is the functionality of this file. And what is its purpose and just how important is this file.
So, I will go ahead and try to put forth and answer all the questions that came to my mind, and I am sure that these questions would also come to your mind as well if you come across this file.
Without further a few, let’s get started.
Read Also: What Is Setup Wizard On Android Phone?
Is IncallUI a necessary file?
Yes, it is one of the most important files in your system. It is responsible for the most important task for which you own a phone, and that is handling calls.
What exactly does this do?
This is one of the most important questions and I have the answer to this question for you. This file creates a user interface for your incoming calls. Let me go ahead and explain that in further detail for better clarification. When you receive a call on your device, the screen that pops up is created by this file.
Now, most of us would think that it only creates that interface. No, it’s not that simple. All the functionality of the incoming calls and the button on the interface are created and then, handled by this app. Imagine you receive a call, your android smartphone would show up, and show you the number or the name of the contact who is calling you. It would also provide you with the three buttons that you would have on the screen. Now, let’s go ahead and check the functionalities of the file in greater detail.
When you receive a call
- The first one of those buttons would be to pick up the call. A green phone icon which you can press or slide up to answer the call depending on your smartphone. That icon and the functionality of the icon when pressed or slide is also handled by this file. Hence, this is one of the most important tasks for the file, and if by mistake you somehow managed to remove the file, imagine what it’s going to be like not to be able to answer the calls that you receive, and hence, removing the file would result in the elimination of the primary purpose of the smartphone, and it might end up losing its value in the name of the phone.
- The second one of those buttons would be to decline the call. The red button which you press or slide to reject an incoming call on your smartphone. The satisfaction of rejecting a call would perish along with the file if you manage to do so. It often gives us a lot of enjoyment when we get to reject a call that we do not wish to answer. Those moments of satisfaction would go away.
- The third one of those buttons would be the option to reject the call and reply with a message. We often use that to let the person who is calling us know that we are in the middle of something, and we would call them back as soon as we get time. The file also carries out the functionality of that file.
When you answer the call
- The functionality of the file does not limit to just the interface when you receive the call. It also creates the interface when you decide to answer the call.
- The numeric pad button is also created by the file once you answer the call, so forget about saving a number on the same device with which you have answered if that file does not exist.
- Changing the headpiece. The option to change your earpiece also is offered by the file only. You would not be able to change to a loudspeaker or your phone’s speakers or any earphones that you may have attached.
- The hold functionality is also performed by the existence of this file. You would not be able to put someone on hold if the file does not exist.
- You would be able to create a conference call as that option would also perish along with the file.
All the above functionalities are important and essential for us all. But the most important part is receiving the call. The file carries out all the functionalities that enable you to see and receive the call. You would never know any incoming call if the file does not exist. It would be as if your phone never receives any incoming calls. If the file is not present on the device, you would never be notified, and you would never be able to see any incoming calls, and the question of answering them or rejecting them, or replying with a message would never arise.
The IncallUI is one of the most important files that exist on your smartphone. The Operating system designers of your phone were also aware of the criticality of the file, and that is why the file is a default system file, and it can never be deleted or edited. Therefore, the possibility of removing the file from the phone is almost nonexistent.
However, I explained the functionality of the file to let you know what it does and what is the importance of the IncallUI file. I hope I was able to answer the questions which you had popped up in your mind regarding the file.
You may also like: