Are you new to Android phones and curious about the “Setup Wizard” feature? When setting up an Android phone for the first time or after a factory reset, you may encounter the Setup Wizard. In this article, we will explore what the Setup Wizard is and its significance in the Android phone setup process.
The Setup Wizard is an essential component of the initial setup process on Android devices. It serves as a guided configuration tool that assists users in personalizing their phone settings and getting the device ready for use. The wizard walks users through a series of prompts, allowing them to choose language preferences, connect to Wi-Fi networks, sign in to Google accounts, and set up various preferences.
In this comprehensive guide, we will delve into the intricacies of the Setup Wizard, its purpose, and the steps involved in completing the setup process. Whether you’re setting up a new Android phone or need a refresher on how to navigate through the Setup Wizard, this article will provide you with valuable insights and guidance.
So, let’s embark on a journey to discover the Setup Wizard on your Android phone and unlock the full potential of your device.
Installation Of Setup Wizard on Android
An installation wizard is basically a tool that lets you manage your apps on an Android device.
Well, all the installation and uninstallation processes are handled by the wizard on Android devices. But, it’s not the only thing that a wizard on Android does.
Well, the Setup wizard on Android also lets you install those custom ROMs on the device if you have a premium license to your device.
There are a lot of other works too that it needs to handle. It shows your application by dividing it into many categories.
Well, on the premium licensed devices, the tool has some more functionalities that it needs to perform.
Like the tool, make it easier to restore all those apps back on the new device from your old device.
Apart from restoring apps it also lets you create multiple accounts on your Android device as well.
Features of Wizard on Android
Listing down some of the features of the wizard android:
- Shows your apps by dividing them into particular categories.
- If it’s premium licensed then it lets you restore the apps to the new device.
- It lets you install custom ROM on the device if the tool is premium licensed.
- Helps in managing multiple user accounts on your device.
- The setup wizard lets you categorize the Apps you installed on your device
- Also, It helps you to restore your current Install Apps data
So, we saw what a setup wizard really means, and also we saw the features of the wizard.
Now it’s time to see how to set up a wizard on an Android device.
How To Setup Wizard on Android Phone?
Well, whenever you buy a new phone and when you turn the phone on you see that the device asks you to set up some of the settings.
Also, not only on buying a new phone, whenever you factory reset your phone it asks for the same setting on turning the device on.
Well, that’s your device setup wizard. So in this section, we will see setting up a wizard on an Android device. Just follow the steps given below:
1. The very first thing that the setup will ask is to set up the language, just choose your preferred language.
2. Now the option will come for the vision and hearing processes. For that simply go to the accessibility in the setting section and change the font options if you as per your desire.
3. Now you need to click on Start and Next to go to the next menu option.
4. All you need is to connect with a network so for that select the network and enter the password to proceed.
5. Now the license agreements will appear to read those agreements. (but we know no one does so. lolz )
6. Also, read the diagnostic and usage data information or simply press yes or no. Now choose next to move further.
7. Now set up your Google account and if you do not have a Gmail account simply create a new Google account right from that screen.
That’s all you are all set to use your brand new Android device.
Well, in the newer versions of the Android, you can simply skip these steps you can set up those things later too.
If You Want To Skip the Google Setup Wizard
Before the Process let me clear one thing to you, setup wizard Google is an inbuilt programming tool and it’s a part of Android OS. So you don’t have permission to skip the setup.
But if you already decided to not follow the procedure of the setup wizard then you can skip it only by using Honeywell provisioner.
But there is also something you need to understand first before using Honeywell provisioner for skipping the setup wizard procedure.
You can perform the process for Skip the Google Setup Wizard only on the Android phone with mobility hardware – 75e Android, CT50 Android, CT60 Android, CN51 Android, Android 4,6,7 OS, EDA50, CN75, and CK75.
Follow these Steps to Skip Google Setup
1. Open the application named DeviceConfig.xml by retrieving it from your device and using EZConfig on your PC.
2. From the other Settings>GoogleStartupWizaqrd, Set the parameters at 0 that is required.
3. After That, You have to Print or Download the configuration barcode for File 1.
4. Now Perform a factory reset on your device and you can see that Google Setup Wizard will appear on your device screen.
5. Now scan the barcode that you printed or downloaded from file 1 and save Deviceconfig.xml in IPSM/ Honeywell/persist to activate the settings
6. Now You can see the Desktop on your device
7. Perform a factory reset again (make sure this time the option ‘Erase IPSM’ is unticked) it will skip the Google Setup Wizard because of Deviceconfig.xml that you have stored in IPSM/ Honeywell/ persist.
Now after the factory reset, there are some questions that appear on your Device screen. Follow the steps to complete the process
- For the Language, just only Press ‘Start.’
- And then you can see other questions about choosing WIFI. Press ‘Skip’> ‘Skip Anyway
- Press ‘Right Arrow’>’ Right arrow’ for Google & Location
- Again Press Right Arrow for Date & Time
- Press Right Arrow > then Right Arrow for This Device Belongs to option.
- For Google Services Option: ‘Press ‘Right Arrow’> ‘Finish’
You may also like:
- How To Clear Clipboard On Android?
- Unlock Android Phone Password Without Factory Reset
- How to rename apps on Android
In conclusion, with this essential tool, you can easily and quickly get your new phone up and running in no time.
If your device has a premium license, you’ll have access to some extra capabilities, such as the ability to recover apps and create multiple accounts. The setup wizard manages the installation and uninstallation on your device, acting as a one-stop shop for all of your setup needs.
If you’re a tech-savvy individual, you may want to skip the Google setup wizard, and that’s possible on Android devices with mobility hardware. Simply follow the instructions to skip it, and you’ll be ready to go.
Overall, the setup wizard tool is an essential feature that makes setting up Android devices straightforward, enabling users to start using their new phones right away.
What if I accidentally skipped the setup wizard during the initial setup of my Android device?
If you accidentally skipped the setup wizard, you can still access it by going to the Settings app, selecting “System,” and then “Reset options.” From there, you can choose “Erase all data (factory reset)” and follow the prompts to start the setup wizard again.
Can I customize the setup wizard to skip certain steps that I don’t need?
Unfortunately, there is no built-in way to customize the setup wizard on Android devices. However, some manufacturers may offer their own setup tools that allow for more customization.
How can I restore my apps and data from a previous Android device during the setup process?
You can restore your applications and data by choosing the option to restore from a backup during the setup process if you have backed up your data using Google Backup or a third-party backup tool. As a result, you won’t need to manually reinstall your apps or move your data to your new device and can start using it right away.
What is System Setup Wizard?
The System Setup Wizard is a feature on Android devices that guides users through the initial setup process when setting up a new device or after a factory reset. It helps users personalize their device settings, connect to networks, sign in to accounts, and configure preferences to get their devices ready for use.
What is the Google Setup Wizard on my phone?
The Google Setup Wizard is a built-in feature on Android devices that assists users in setting up their device and connecting it to their Google accounts. It guides users through the process of signing in, configuring account settings, and syncing data with their Google services.