Forgetting your cell phone password or pattern can ruin your day. Save your day by explaining how to unlock your Android phone passcode without factory reset.
How many times have you forgotten your password, although it basically contains everything you need for your day-to-day work? Our phone is more valuable to us than anything else these days. Have you ever lost your phone access for something very important?
You need help to figure out how to unlock it? If the answer is yes, you are in the right place. Well, you are not the only one I too forget my password many times. So here we are with the easiest solution for everyone who might face the same problem. I will help you unlock your Android smartphone without factory reset.
Before we jump right into it, we need to understand how the password on the Android system works. There are several ways to unlock your phone like password, PIN, pattern, etc.
And it is all done to protect all your information from getting into the wrong hands. The easiest way to get access back to you smartphone is performing a factory reset but the problem is you would end up losing all your data. We have listed some of the ways you can help unlock your Android phone without resetting it to factory default.
How To Unlock Android Phone Password Without Factory Reset?
Here are some ways you can try to unlock your phone without performing a factory reset:
Method-1: Unlock Android device without factory reset using your Google Account
So, if after several attempts, you have failed to get access to your Android device, you can use your associated Google account to access this and reset your password. Take a look at steps:
1. For this method to work, you need to try and unlock your phone for at least five times. On the sixth attempt, you will be prompted with a message to try after 30 seconds.
2. You can also see a message that reads “forgot password” at the bottom of the screen.
4. Now you have to select the “Enter Google account details“
5. Next, you need to provide your Google account ID & password, that is linked with your device.
6. That is pretty much the gist of it. You can now put in a new pattern or PIN to unlock your device.
This was just one of the methods to get access back to your device. If you do not use a Gmail account, you can move on to other methods to unlock your phone.
Method-2: Unlock Android phone using Android Device Manager
You may not have heard of Android Device Manager, but you should have heard of Find My Device.
After that, the application has been renamed and may be the best way to find the device if it is lost or stolen.
You can also use this application to call the device or lock the device remotely. This application has three options: ring, delete, and block. Simply sign in with your Google account linked to your device and follow these steps:
1. Open www.google.com/android/find on any Android based device or simply on a PC and sign into your Google account.
2. Once logged in, select the device you want to unlock.
3. On the next screen, you will need to select the option “Lock”.
4. Once you have selected, a new pop-up will appear on your window regarding whether you want to enter a new password for your Android device. We also recommend you put in a recovery email and phone number on this screen, but these are optional.
5. You can now pick up your locked Android device and unlock it using the new password that you just set in the previous step.
Method-3: For Samsung Users – Unlock Samsung Phone Password Without Factory Reset
If you are a Samsung user and you, cannot access to your Android device, the threat of a factory reset seems too dreadful, then you are in luck. You can use Samsung’s “Find My Device” feature to save yourself. For this feature to work, you will need to have a Samsung account.
If you do not have one then I recommend to create one.
1. First, go to findmymobile.samsung.com and sign in with your Samsung account.
2. In the next window, select the option, “Lock my screen” from the left corner.
3. You will now need to enter a new PIN for the device and then select the “LOCK” option.
4. In just a few seconds, your password will be reset.
5. And now you can now unlock your device with this new PIN.
This method in our list is one of the easiest and most straightforward ways to unlock your Android device if it is a Samsung device.
Method-4: Unlock your Android phone Screen Lock by using Backup PIN
This is one way to unlock your phone after multiple attempts to unlock it without factory reset. You may have noticed that you need to set a PIN whenever you enable pattern unlock on your Android device.
If you enter the wrong password 6 times, you can unlock the device using the backup PIN. Do the following steps –
- Open your Android pattern unlock on the device.
- After several failed attempts, you will see a message to try again after 30 seconds.
- This is where you will get the option of “Backup PIN” option, click it.
- Now you have to simply enter your Backup PIN and voila.
- Your Android device is now unlocked without a factory reset.
This simple solution is for those who already have a backup PIN setup. If not, we suggest you move onto other methods mentioned in this article.
Method-5: Unlock Android Phone using Android Debug Bridge
This is a way to unlock your phone after multiple attempts to unlock it without factory resetting. You may have noticed that you need to set a PIN on the when enabling pattern unlock on your Android device.
If you enter the password incorrectly 6 times, you can unlock the device using the backup PIN. Do the following steps –
- For this you will need a PC/Laptop. Download ADB to your system. Use the developer’s site to download ADB – https://developer.android.com/studio/command-line/adb.html
- Connect your device via a USB cable to the system.
- You will also need to have Developer options enabled on your device for it to work.
- To do this, go to your phone’s Settings > About Phone > tap on the “Build Number” option seven times and this will enable developer options on the device.
- Once done, go to Settings > Developer Options and switch on USB debugging.
- When your device is connected to the system, launch the command prompt in the installation directory on your ADB.
- Once launched, type in the command – “adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key” and hit enter.
- Now all that is left to do is to simply restart your device and you can now access it as usual.
Method-6: Unlock your Android device using third-party tools without factory reset
The easiest way to unlock your Android device is to use a third party tool. A PC / laptop is required for these tools to work.
When you launch the intuitive interface, these tools are self-explanatory, so we won’t go into detail about how they work. The following is a list of ready-to-use and easy password recovery tools.
- RoidKit– Android Phone Unlocker
- Android Lock Screen Remover
- Android Unlock
You may also like:
- How to Manage Apps in Android?
- 8 Best Free Screensaver Apps for Android Phones and Tablets
- How To Change The Color Of Text Message On Android?
- What Is Setup Wizard On Android Phone?
Nowadays, it’s common to forget the password for your Android device. With a busy lifestyle and too many passwords to remember, everyone can run into this problem at some point in their lives.
However, security and data protection issues are less important than they are today. All of the above methods on how to unlock your Android phone password without factory reset will unlock your device without sacrificing all your data by doing a factory reset.
Helps to relieve the pain you do.