You want to get verified on Instagram and wondering how to get a verified account? I’m sure, if you have an Instagram account then you must have seen a blue tick on someone’s account from one of your following.
That blue tick means on someone’s account, it has verified by Instagram, it is trustworthy. This blue tick is not the new thing for social lovers. Facebook, Twitter, Tinder also provide this mark to their trustworthy users.
Now you may thinking How To Get Verified on Instagram.
No worries, here we will let you know the benefits, guidelines, criteria, and steps to get verified on Instagram.
What does a verified account on Instagram mean and why this feature is introduced?
Instagram introduced verified account applications to differentiate the real and fake or fan accounts with the mission of showing authentic people, celebrities, and global brands when Instagram users want to follow the right account.
So for all real accounts which are popular and more searched in the real-time world will get a blue tick mark beside the Instagram account name which states that the account is successfully verified on Instagram.
Earlier people used to create multiple accounts to gain followers in the name of the most followed user account, so it was harder to differentiate between real and fake accounts. Now this problem has been eliminated with the help of a verified account tag.
More importantly, anyone can apply for verification on Instagram to get verified but the account needs to meet some criteria to get it approved. So, here we will let you know how to get it approved.
Examples of verified accounts on Instagram that have fewer followers.
Instagram looks at multiple factors during verification to make sure if they are in the public interest or not.
Most people think that if they increase the followers then they will get the blue tick mark verified badge beside their user id, for some point, it is true but needs to meet other factors as well mainly popularity or more searches.
For example, some accounts have followers less than 2k got blue badge beside their name, loot at Indian celebrity and Indian entrepreneur accounts who got a blue badge in 2018 when both had less than 2k followers.
Are you wondering how they got the blue badge with least followers?
Instagram knows who you are and who you say.
The above two accounts are founder and co-founder of Indian organization PocketAces which has more popularity over the internet.
Popularity is the main factor while getting verified on Instagram because of this factor most accounts won’t get verified easily.
Another example of global brand Shopify Instagram user-id “Shopify_stockroom” who has 7137 followers but got a blue badge beside their name.
The whole concept is not only your Instagram follower can get you verified but the main factor is notability in the world.
If you are famous on other social media sites like Facebook, Youtube, Twitter which is also beneficial to get a blue badge on Instagram. because it is directly linked to your popularity.
If you are a notable person, or brand even with “zero” Instagram followers can get you a blue badge.
Criteria for Instagram verification.
- You must adhere to Instagram terms of service and community guidelines.
- your Instagram account should be authentic and must represent a real person, registered business, or entity. You cannot win a blue badge by creating fake accounts.
- Only one account per person or business will be verified, and there is an exception for language-specific accounts.
- Your Instagram accounts must be public, you cannot win a blue badge with a private account.
- Your Instagram account should have a complete Bio, Profile photo, and at least one post.
- There should not be any add-me links to other social media services like Twitter, Youtube in your profile bio.
- And the final main factor is notability, your account must be well known, highly searched. Instagram cross verifies the account in multiple news sources excluding paid or promotional content.
Do not try to buy followers to get verified because that does not work at all.
Instagram verification is a manual process that reviews your notability in the community.
If you buy followers and request for verification then Instagram may permanently block your account because it is against their community guidelines.
How to submit a request to get verified on Instagram?
1. Open the Instagram application on mobile or desktop.
2. Click on the profile icon.
3. Now, click on three lines located on the right top side.
4. Then click on “setting”.
5. Once you open the setting, click on “account”.
6. Next click on “request verification”.
7. Fill the details like Full name, how the world recognizes you(known as).
Select a category of your account, and upload any government-issued id proof which contains your name, and date of birth (eg: National identity Card, Passport, or driving license) or Official business documents (eg: tax filing, recent utility bill, article of incorporation).
8. Now, click on the “send” button to submit the verification form.
9. Once you click on send your request will be reviewed and you will get a response in 3-7 business days. It may take a longer time as well.
10. After reviewing your verification form you will receive a notification from Instagram on the request status.
11. If the verification request is rejected do not worry you can resend verification after 30 days.
Dos & Don’ts For Get Verified on Instagram?
There are not any specific criteria for applying on Instagram. But it is harder than this because Instagram doesn’t provide this badge easily. Still, we are providing you some cool tips that will definitely help you to get over the line.
Stop Paying For This:
Sometimes you get DMs on your Instagram account, ask you to pay a certain amount to them, and they will help you to get this blue tick. Remember one thing that Instagram never ask for money. So if someone approaching you for this. They are scammer and surely will steal your money and will ditch you.
Avoid Third-party Apps
There are unlimited apps on the app store that claims you to verify your account. Simply log in with your credentials on their app. Simply kick out those apps, because they may steal your data, or simply hack your ID.
Remove Fake Blue Badge:
If you use a fake blue badge on your account with the help of any third-party app. You should remove it from your account. It will surely impact your audience.
A great person said, “hard work is the key for success”. So always try to build your followers organically. Don’t depend on any apps, or any paid service.
Always be honest with Instagram and with your audience. So if you don’t get the blue badge, still you get more than that (Audience’s Trust).
Once you get a blue badge your Instagram Account. It increases the popularity of your account, therefore real followers increase. It makes a brand to your account.
Also in search results, your user id will rank on top of the search history when Insta users search you. This helps you to drive more results to improve your brand entity.
A verified Instagram user can add any links to their Instagram stories. It may be a website or product which should be within the community guidelines.
A non verified Instagram user needs at least 10,000 followers to get an “add link” feature in Instagram stories.
In short, verified Instagram accounts build trust, builds brand awareness. And organization or entity, and increases user attention easily.
Anyone can request to get verified on Instagram for free. As long as you maintain the community guidelines.