You want to get verified on Instagram and wondering how to get a verified account?
No worries, here we will let you know the benefits, guidelines, criteria, and steps to get verified on Instagram with some examples.
What does a verified account on Instagram mean and why this feature is introduced?
Instagram introduced verified account applications to differentiate the real and fake or fan accounts with the mission of showing authentic people, celebrities, and global brands when Instagram users want to follow the right account.
So for all real accounts which are popular and more searched in the real-time world will get a blue tick mark beside the Instagram account name which states that the account is successfully verified on Instagram.
Earlier people used to create multiple accounts to gain followers in the name of the most followed user account, so it was harder to differentiate between real and fake accounts. Now this problem has been eliminated with the help of a verified account tag.
More importantly, anyone can apply for verification on Instagram to get verified but the account needs to meet some criteria to get it approved. So, here we will let you know how to get it approved.
Examples of verified accounts on Instagram that have fewer followers.
Instagram looks at multiple factors during verification to make sure if they are in the public interest or not.
Most people think that if they increase the followers then they will get the blue tick mark verified badge beside their user id, for some point, it is true but needs to meet other factors as well mainly popularity or more searches.
For example, some accounts have followers less than 2k got blue badge beside their name, loot at Indian celebrity and Indian entrepreneur accounts who got a blue badge in 2018 when both had less than 2k followers.
Are you wondering how they got the blue badge with least followers?
Instagram knows who you are and who you say.
The above two accounts are founder and co-founder of Indian organization PocketAces which has more popularity over the internet.
Popularity is the main factor while getting verified on Instagram because of this factor most accounts won’t get verified easily.
Another example of global brand Shopify Instagram user-id “Shopify_stockroom” who has 7137 followers but got a blue badge beside their name.
The whole concept here is not only that your Instagram follower can get you verified but the main factor is notability in the world.
If you are famous on other social media sites like Facebook, Youtube, Twitter which is also beneficial to get a blue badge on Instagram. because it is directly linked to your popularity.
If you are a notable person, or brand even with “zero” Instagram followers can get you a blue badge.
Criteria for Instagram verification.
- You must adhere to Instagram terms of service and community guidelines.
- your Instagram account should be authentic and must represent a real person, registered business, or entity. You cannot win a blue badge by creating fake accounts.
- Only one account per person or business will be verified, and there is an exception for language-specific accounts.
- Your Instagram accounts must be public, you cannot win a blue badge with a private account.
- Your Instagram account should have a complete Bio, Profile photo, and at least one post.
- There should not be any add-me links to other social media services like Twitter, Youtube in your profile bio.
- And the final main factor is notability, your account must be well known, highly searched. Instagram cross verifies the account in multiple news sources excluding paid or promotional content.
Do not try to buy followers to get verified because that does not work at all to get verified on Instagram.
Instagram verification is a manual process that reviews your notability in the community.
If you buy followers and request for verification then Instagram may permanently block your account because it is against the community guidelines.
How to submit a request to get verified on Instagram?
- Open the Instagram application on mobile or desktop.
- Click on the profile icon.
- Now, click on three lines located on the right top side.
- Then click on “setting”.
- Once you open the setting, click on “account”.
- Next click on “request verification”.
- Fill the details like Full name, how the world recognizes you(known as), select a category of your account, and upload any government-issued id proof which contains your name, and date of birth (eg: National identity Card, Passport, or driving license) or Official business documents (eg: tax filing, recent utility bill, article of incorporation).
- Now, click on the “send” button to submit the verification form.
- Once you click on send your request will be reviewed and you will get a response in 3-7 business days. It may take a longer time as well.
After reviewing your verification form you will receive a notification from Instagram on the request status.
If the verification request is rejected do not worry you can resend verification after 30 days.
Once you get a blue badge your Instagram status will increase and people can follow you or else your loved customer or fans may end up following fake accounts.
Also in search results, your user id will rank on top of the search history when Insta users search you. This helps you to drive more results to improve your brand entity.
A verified Instagram user can add any links in their Instagram stories be it website or product which should be within the community guidelines.
A non verified Instagram user needs at least 10,000 followers to get an “add link” feature in Instagram stories.
In short verified Instagram accounts build trust, builds brand awareness be it personal, organization or entity, and increases user attention easily.
This way anyone can request to get verified on Instagram for free assuming you/brand or entity meets the criteria of Instagram verification.
You may also like: