This post is all about making Phone Calls From Computer and receiving them via desktop and laptop. So,
If you are also working from home and having issues attending important calls because due to work pressure, look at this Guide “How To Make Phone Calls From Computer?”
Due to covid 19 most of the people working work from home. In fact, I am doing job work from home. Somewhere it’s made easy for the people to work from home but the main problem occurred for most of the people, they work on their Desktop or Laptop right?
Along with that people use to carry their mobile also for taking the call or making calls. And sometimes it is irritating to operate two devices at the same time. So how easy it would be if I tell you that you can make calls from your Desktop or Laptop.
Most of us are not aware of these tricks but there are some ways to make phone calls from your Desktop or Laptop.
Below I will share a step by step guide about this.
For Making Calls From Your Computer Needs You Some Devices.
Of course, if you want to make calls from your computer then you need some hardware for that but trust me these are the common devices that are normally available at the home or office for any computer user.
Why Do You Need To Make Calls From Computer?
Well, there may be multiple reasons behind it. If you stay away from your family and at the same time, its not quite comfortable to call from mobile while working, so you can use this method.
In this pandemic work from home is at the peak, so carrying your phone or keep it on the desk is really irritating so you can try this, so that, you can work and call from the same device, and you don’t need to depend on two devices at a time
Devices That will Help you to make a call Through Your Computer
First of all, you will need a Headphone for making calls over the computer. Generally, most of the headphones have a mic option but make sure you are having a mic option on it.
If you have an older one then check if the Mic and speaker are working properly.
Good Internet Connection:
You will need a good speed internet connection. Why am I saying this? Because most of the problem occurred due to slow internet speed. So make sure you have a high-speed internet connection.
A Computer or Laptop
The next thing that is required is a computer or laptop. It doesn’t matter what computer you use, it may be Mac, Windows, iMac, or any.
After arranging the things you need software for, which I will tell below in this article.
Read More: Apple Watch Series 5
Check Speaker And Mic Are Working Fine
- Turn on the computer
- Plugin your Headphone and Mic jack into the computer port ( if you are using a wired Headphone)
- Click on Start Menu or simply go to the sound option (Generally get to bottom of the right side)
- In the sound, option make sure plugin devices are selected.
- Click on Test your Microphone by listening and speaking.
- If you can listen properly it means your Speaker working fine and the speaking option working means your mic working fine.
- Open The macOS
- Plug your Headphone into the input jack of your device
- Open The Apple Menu
- System Preferences
- Select the inserted device.
- You can check the speaker and mic from there.
Once all the settings are done it means your headphone is working perfectly, now you will need a software which will help you to make calls on computer or laptop.
Read More: Why Does My iPhone Keep Restarting Itself?
Make Phone Call From your Computer
For Window Users:
If you want to make calls from your computer then connect your computer to your phone via Bluetooth and you should have android 7 or newer.
Follow the given steps :
- Make sure you are signed in to Microsoft by Email ID.
- Go to the search bar and type “Your Phone”
- Once you open the phone app, it will ask if you have an android or iPhone.
- Choose accordingly
- Enter the phone number and click on send
- Microsoft will send you a link
- Go to your phone and open the text, where you will find an app downloading link, download the app and install
- Once you open the text it will ask for to scan the QR code
- Simply scan the QR code which is given on your computer.
- It will ask for permission just allow everything
- Now your phone will show on your computer.
- At the bottom, you get the option “Call”
- Click on that once everything will be set up.
- You can see the recent calls on the dialer screen.
For Mac Users:
If you want to make calls from your Mac computer then connect your computer to your phone.
- Make sure you are signed in with the same id both your devices your iPhone and your Mac.
- Open your Facetime on your Mac computer
- Go to the Preferences in the face time
- Make sure you are connected with the same id
- Make sure to check the option “iPhone cellular calls”
- Types your phone number instead of apple id in the section of “start new calls from”
- Once you are done with the below, setups close the preferences window.
- Congratulations. You are done !!
- You can make calls from your MAC PC by simply type the number or search from the contact lists.
Read More: What Is Setup Wizard On Android Phone?
Some of us really want to make calls from the computer during their working hours. So there are simple ways to do it on your windows computer and iOS computer.
All you have to do is some steps. So here in this article, I shared with you step by step about How To Make Phone Calls From Your Desktop/Laptop with the help of them you can easily make calls from your computer.
If you do like this article don’t forget to share it with your loved one. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this you can leave me a comment below.