You must have used Zoom app on your TV, Laptop or Smartphone but Have you ever enjoyed Zoom meetings on Xbox one? Although Zoom App is compatible with many devices like Android and iOS. But Zoom is not officially available on Xbox One. But don’t get disappointed this early, you can still use Zoom on Xbox One via Chromecast.
Zoom is such a trendsetter app after the covid-19 breakdown and all the gamers even loved it more for its quality services. Zoom app is creating popularity so fast in today’s digital era and leaving us amazed. So let’s Understand Zoom and Xbox first before jumping to the main topic of how to set up a Zoom meeting on Xbox one.
What is the Zoom app?
Zoom app is a user-friendly and worldwide used application for video and audio chats. It is a cloud-based platform where you can meet anyone virtually.
When you are working from home, zoom gives you the best platform to attend your video conferencing. Zoom app is also an amazing personal virtual space for having group video calls with family or friends.
Zoom app is compatible with almost every platform and accessible to everyone. Simplicity is the best feature of the zoom app which gives them so many customers.
Non-tech-savvy people can also understand its features easily. I loved the way my mom connected to us on zoom meetings when we couldn’t meet.
Zoom’s user interface is designed for everyone, you can choose what fits best for your needs. They have four plans, basic, zoom pro, zoom business, and zoom enterprises conferencing.
Reasons to use the Zoom app
- Simple and easy-to-understand user interface.
- You can share your screen and explain to everyone what you are seeing.
- Its voice detector automatically allows the camera to focus on the active speaker in group calls.
- Zoom allows the creation of large rooms with around 1000 members.
- Undemanding android and ios apps.
- You can schedule a meeting on zoom.
- Zoom allows you to record video calls for later use
- Supports almost all browsers.
- HD video and audio calls from anywhere.
- Gives you virtual background which gives you freedom from your messy backgrounds
- The one-click meeting, webinars, chat, hand-raising, etc. are all the other add-on features.
Proven Methods to get Zoom on Xbox one
I have listed 2 methods to get your zoom meetings on Xbox which I have tested myself. Follow the steps closely to download zoom on Xbox.
Method 1: Zoom on Xbox One Via Chromecast
For starting zoom meetings on Xbox one – Connect Chromecast to the HDMI port of Xbox one.
- Search for the TV app on your Xbox and launch it.
- Now, it will ask you to choose between “connect your cable or satellite box”
- Press the “A” button on your remote and then click next and skip the next option.
- How do you want your Xbox to start, choose one from – On Start, Go to Home, or Open TV App.
- Now, click on the next to complete the Chromecast setup
- Now just got to your casting device (mac, pc, android or ios, etc.)
- Find the cast option in the setting on your casting device.
- On your device, a list will be displayed for all the Chromecast-installed devices
- Select Xbox one to cast it on your gaming console.
- For the final step, just open the zoom meeting from your casting device (mac, pc, android or ios, etc.) and you got there.
Now you can enjoy your Zoom meeting on your Xbox one.
Method 2: Use the Edge browser on Xbox One to access Zoom
1: Turn on your Xbox One and navigate to the Microsoft Edge app. The app should be located on your Xbox One dashboard.
2: After that, open the website https://zoom.us/.
3: Log in to your account. If you don’t have one, create a new account by clicking the “Sign Up, It’s Free” button.
4: Then, you can access your Zoom meetings by clicking on the “Join” button for the meeting you want to attend.
5: Note that if you have the meeting ID and password, you can also click on “Join a Meeting” and enter the information manually.
6: When you are in the Zoom meeting, you can use your Xbox One controller to navigate through the meeting options, including turning your camera on or off, muting or unmuting your microphone, and sharing your screen.
And that’s it! You can now join your Zoom meetings from the comfort of your couch using your Xbox One and the Edge browser.
Other platforms to get zoom meetings on a big screen
Is Microsoft providing Zoom for Xbox One?
The answer is NO. The obvious reason is that Microsoft has its own video conferencing apps like skype and MS Teams. There is no reason for Microsoft to give us this facility in the near future by allowing their competitor (Zoom) to take over their video chat apps.
Maybe one day Microsoft and Zoom have some business deal and we all get to use Zoom straight on Xbox One. But, I couldn’t just lie down and wait for their collaboration one day, I need to use the zoom app on my Xbox One today.
Zoom is available on almost every platform but Xbox One is on the exception list for now. So, here I am going to discuss the way of getting our work done, which will give you the same experience as zoom calls.
You may also like:
- How To Reset Xbox One Password?
- Deals On Xbox Live Gold Membership
- How to Take Apart Xbox One Controller?
- How To Cancel Xbox Live Gold Membership?
- Free Xbox Live Gold Membership Codes
- Google meet versus Zoom
Having Zoom calls on Xbox series is not a dream anymore, you can enjoy it now. Connecting to your friends and family through your Xbox is now easier after you read it.
Nowadays, most people are using the zoom app on all their devices and you don’t wanna stand out from that. Just Chromecast your calls on your best gaming console and enjoy your time. Keep reading, keep talking, and keep playing.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to fix zoom on Xbox one errors?
First, let’s check your internet connection and perform a speed test on your Xbox One. If that’s all good, let’s make sure your Xbox One and Zoom app are up-to-date. If you’re still experiencing issues, try restarting your console, clearing the cache, or even uninstalling and reinstalling the Zoom app.
Can I use Kinect to join a Zoom meeting?
No, Kinect is not compatible with Zoom on Xbox One or Xbox Series S. Kinect can be used for video chat, but it does not support the Zoom app or the Edge browser. You can, however, use your Xbox controller to navigate through the Zoom meeting options.
How can I watch a Zoom meeting on my TV?
There are a few ways you can watch a Zoom meeting on your TV. One way is to use a streaming device, such as a Chromecast or Fire TV Stick, to cast your Zoom meeting from your phone or computer to your TV. Another way is to connect your computer or laptop to your TV using an HDMI cable. You can also use the Edge browser on your Xbox One or Xbox Series S to access the Zoom web client and watch your meetings on your TV.
Is it possible to use Zoom on Xbox Series S?
No, there is currently no official Zoom app available for Xbox Series S. However, you can use the Edge browser on your Xbox Series S to access the Zoom web client and join your meetings. Alternatively, you can use a streaming device or connect your computer or laptop to your TV to watch your meetings on the big screen.