Is your Tracfone data not working when you are out on a vacation? If you don’t use the cellular data on that connection, even if you have an active plan but it is not working for some reason then you can fix your Tracfone data in many ways.
Tracfone was a popular phone service in the 2000s, and there is a high chance to remember it well. Prepaid mobile phone service providers were one of the first businesses to appear and the company is still strong.
If you don’t want much data then there are unconventional plans that can be ideal for you.
How does Tracfone data work
Tracfone is the largest MVNO ( Mobile Virtual Network Operator) in the whole US and it uses towers from various different companies like AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon.
They have rented these towers from different companies so that you should be able to use reception in even the most places in the land.
Tracfone is one of the best services available out there. However, sometimes it may cause some problems. Sometimes Tracfone shows difficulty in selecting which tower to connect to at any given time.
Read More: Straight talk hotspot not working
Why is Tracfone data not working
There could be several reasons that your Tracfone data is not working. It is possible that your phone is in Airplane mode. There can be also possible:
- VPN connection
- Airplane mode On.
- Wrong APN Settings.
- Data limit.
- Minor troubleshooting.
- Outdated version.
Read More: Why is Internet Safety Important for Kids
Tips to fix Tracfone data not working
You can resolve your problems by doing these possible methods:
1. Reinsert the SIM
It may be possible that your SIM card is not correctly inserted or detected properly, and sometimes because of bugs your SIM card couldn’t find the internet attributes. If you need to take out your SIM, wait for a few seconds before reinserting it.
You need to follow the given steps:
- Look for the SIM slot on the side of your mobile and get your SIM ejector tool from your mobile box or you can use a paperclip as well.
- Get your SIM ejector tool or paper box into the pinhole.
- Take out the SIM tray and remove the SIM card.
- Wait for a few seconds and insert the SIM into the tray.
- Insert the tray back into the mobile.
- Restart your phone.
- Turn on your cellular data from the notification bar and check whether the data is working.
2. Update your phone
If your phone is outdated then it will be difficult to connect with the internet connection or it might get slow. So you need to check for the latest software update for your phone and keep your device updated regularly.
You can update your software on Android:
- Go to Settings and scroll down to find the System option.
- Go to the System and then System update.
- Now, check for the update. If there is any update available then download and install it.
Update your software on your iPhone:
- While charging your phone, connect to the WiFi.
- Go to Settings and then General.
- Tap on Software update.
- Tap on Install Now if there is any update available.
After updating your phone, restart your phone and turn on your cellular data to check your device is accessing the internet.
3. Turn off the VPN
VPN might slow down your internet connection but it is good to hide your identity online. Whether you use paid VPN or a free VPN, they won’t be able to give you high speed, thus your phone is not able to connect to the internet.
Turn off your VPN for a while and try to access the internet from cellular data. If that works it means your VPN is stopping to access the internet.
Always use paid VPN service and get a better VPN like ExpressVPN or Windscribe. Their Subscription price is affordable with a huge data cap.
4. Reset your phone’s settings
Resetting your settings is the best option to avoid your data not working. A Factory reset will delete all data from your internal storage, so you need to make a backup of all your data that is necessary for you.
You can reset your Android phone:
- Open the Settings and then go to System Settings.
- Tap on Factory Reset and tap on Erase all Data.
- Select Reset phone and confirm it on the confirmation prompt.
- For more detail check the guide to resetting the android phone
Reset your iPhone:
- Go to Settings and tap on General.
- Select Reset.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- Enter your passcode to confirm the reset.
- For more detail check out this guide on how to reset your iPhone
5. Restart the Phone
If you don’t want to change your factory settings then this is the last option to restart your phone. If your phone still has a problem connecting to the internet then Restarting your phone can fix the problem.
Restarting removes the bugs so all your functions will behave well as before.
To restart your Android phone:
- Press and hold the power button.
- Tap on the Restart option.
To restart your iPhone:
- Press and hold the Volume Up button or the side button.
- Move your slide over to turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the button on the side of the phone to turn the power on.
6. Contact Tracfone
If the above-mentioned methods don’t work then you should contact Tracfone. They will guide you with better ways to connect your internet with good quality. They will help you better with all the problems you have.
Why is the mobile data not working when I have data?
There might be a network issue, turn on your Airplane mode and wait for a few seconds then turn off airplane mode. Check if the data connection has. If it’s not then try restarting your phone. It will fix your problems.
Why does my data keep not working?
Go to the Setting and check if your mobile data is on. If you have a 4G device then check if 4G is switched on. Check your network mode is set to automatic. Try to power off your phone and then turn it on.
Why does an Android phone say no internet connection?
It’s because your router has problems with itself. You need to restart the router or modem, it will refresh your connection with the line and start working manually. Also, check if the router is blocking the network traffic on the router dashboard.
How to set mobile data settings?
- Open your Settings and tap on Network & Internet.
- Tap on Carrier and tap on Settings.
- Turn your mobile data on or off.
What is the APN setting?
APN stands for Access Point Name is the settings your phone needs in order to set up a connection to the gateway between your carrier’s cellular network and the internet. It tells the network path for all the data connectivity.
You May Also Like:
- Secure My WiFi Router at Home
- Spectrum Router Red Light Problem Solved
- How to get faster internet for free
You can check first by calling your Tracfone if your internet doesn’t work. This will help you to know if there is a service available or if any issue occurs.
If there is no service available then move to another area with good quality internet service. If these methods are useful for you, kindly tell me in the comment section.