Setting Parental Control on Google Chrome is the easiest and quickest way to experience safe searching. While signing and to your Google account you can complete this process by going to google.com/preferences.
When you reach there you have to click the box beside ‘turn on SafeSearch. You have to scroll down to the bottom of the page and save it. Then you can see more filtered results on Google search.
The most comprehensive way that helps your kids to do safe searches on Google Chrome is to set up a Google family link on Google Chrome and create an account. You can download this family link on any device like iPhone or Android.
After that go through the setup account that will be shared with you for easy step-by-step launching of the app.
The Google family links will restrict your child from using Chrome in the wrong way. This one helps you to apply limited screen time on your Google Chrome and track all the physical locations of the phone and Google Chromebook.
How can you block a specific website on Google Chrome?
Google Chrome also allows you to block a specific website. This will help you to control and supervise what your kids can Access on Google Chrome or Google browser.
Google Chrome has many features that favor the Google family link. So if you are just looking to block your kids from accessing the wrong or Limited website. You can easily block the website which you don’t want your kids to access.
How can you manage your child’s browsing on Chrome?
When you set up a family link account on Google you can use the application to manage the website that your children can visit on Chrome.
You just have to Limit their ability to grant permissions to the websites and block or allows specific website.
In this way, the children cannot go on a search and even cannot use the Incognito mode of Google.
Some simple steps to manage your child’s browsing on Chrome are as follows:
- Open the Google family Link application on your device.
- Select the view option on your child’s profile or account.
- Go to the settings and tap on the manage option.
- Now just simply tap on filters on the Google Chrome option
- You have to choose the settings which you want to apply
- Allowing all the sites: Best setting will allow your child to visit any site without any issues.
- Trying to block mature sites: This is the setting to block adult content or mature sites from your kids.
- Allow only certain sites: This restricts the child to watch or see any other content which you blocked.
- After that tap on manage size if you want to allow or block any site manually.
Read More: How to lock google chrome profile
Blocking and allowing a side on Google Chrome
You can easily allow any specific website or you can also block other websites then your child will ask for permission to visit the blocked sites. And because of the family link application as a parent, you will get the notification and Google will ask you to approve or deny their request.
- Simply open the family link app on your device.
- Then you have to select the child.
- On the setting card, you have to tap on manage.
- Tap the filters on the Google Chrome option.
- Now tap on the manners sites and then you will have to choose between approved or blocked.
- Tap on adding a website option and then there you have to enter the website which you want to approve or block.
How to change website permission settings?
Parental Control includes whatever your child is visiting through a website such as a camera, mic, location, and notifications.
- Open the Family Link application on your device.
- Select the child on the family link app.
- Now on the setting card tap on the manage option.
- After that, you have to tap on filters on the Google Chrome option.
- Tap on the Chrome dashboard.
- Then according to you turn off or on the permissions for sites and applications.
Read More: How to hide bookmark bar in google chrome
Frequently asked questions
How can you turn on the parental controls in Windows 10?
If you want to enable Parental Control for your child simply go to the windows search bar and type family options in the search box.
You have to access your child’s account and then enable the Parental Control to be turned on.
Do parental controls work on Google Chrome?
The Google safe search filter removes all the results. That is not good for your child.
If you set Parental Control on Chrome you can also set a Google family link to monitor. And while watching your child’s browsing you can also block the website which is not good for your child.
How can you enable 18+ content on Google Chrome?
You have to select the safe search from the list of options on your computer. Now you can turn off or turn on the explicit results filter the results filter can be turned on and turned off.
How can you block a site on Chrome?
You will easily find the icon of the restricted site under the security tab of Google Chrome. Now you are able to open the restricted side windows just by clicking the sides option.
After you click the blocked website from the list, select the remove button. It will unblock the website on the list.
You may also like:
- Impact of social media on student’s life
- Is Tumblr safe for kids?
- Best phone spy apps for parental control
You can easily set up parental control on Google Chrome which you have learned from this article.
In this article, I have outlined how you can manage Parental Control on Google Chrome and also how you can restrict your child to watch adult content or mature websites.
I hope you liked this content and also really helpful to you. Ask them in the comment section if you are having any problems or facing any issues with this content.
I will try to solve your queries as soon as possible. Thank you and have a great day.