If you’re looking to watch your favorite movies and TV shows on VUDU using your Amazon Firestick, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll guide you through the simple steps you need to follow to set up VUDU on your Firestick device.
We’ll also show you how to use VUDU to watch your favorite movies and TV shows and provide some troubleshooting tips if you run into any issues. VUDU is a popular video streaming service that offers a wide variety of content, including new releases and classic titles.
It’s easy to use and navigate, and with the convenience of the Firestick, you can access your favorite movies and shows on the big screen. Whether you’re a long-time VUDU user or just getting started, this guide will help you get the most out of your streaming experience.
A Brief About Vudu
It is an online streaming platform owned by Fandango Media, a subsidiary of NBCUniversal. It was launched in 2007 as a set-top box, Vudu box, and became the first on-demand platform that offers digital movies in HD, SD, and UHD quality.
Unlike other streaming services, Vudu is a subscription-free service that lets you create a free account and watch the free content or purchase content. While talking about its layout it provides a simplified user-free interface.
There are four category lines available at the top of the home screen namely movies, TV, free, and my Vudu.
You will get movies and TV shows on various search terms like rentals deals, TV horror, action, collections, and so on.
Movies on Vudu
Vudu provides an array of free, rental as well as purchased content in distinct genres like action, comedy, drama, thriller, romance, horror, documentary, and so on.
You will get new releases like Escape Room, The Protege, Candyman, the Square Squad, Black widow, The Conjuring 3, Don’t breathe, Fast and Furious, and so on.
These all are available for rentals and for sale also. Vudu organizes back-to-back sales also and offers discounts on various new releases.
Besides, the free movies available with 100% ads support are A turtle’s Tale, the contract, Titanic 2, daughter of the Wolf, the wave, stolen, black spruce, the choice, and many more.
Okay, so that’s all I will say about Vudu, and will let you enjoy the rest. Read the full guide to know how to sign up, install, and access Vudu on Firestick.
How to sign up for Vudu on Firestick?
You need to sign up first for streaming movies or tv shows on Vudu. Don’t worry! You did not have to fill in billing information yet, there is no need for that until you purchase a movie or rent it.
The rental charges for a movie range from $0.99 to $5.99 whereas for buying the cost ranges from $4.99 to $24.99. Vudu also offers sales products once it’s the time since the movie launch.
Further, to sign up or create an account on Vudu, follow the listed directions;
- Go on any web browser and search for the official website of Vudu or click here.
- At the top bar, click on sign up and then on create a new account.
- A window appears regarding your personal details like first name, last name, email address, and password.
- Once done, hit the sign-up button to continue.
- Alternatively, you can also use your Facebook or Walmart account for the same.
- The next window regarding billing information appears. You can use your credit card, PayPal, or Vudu gift cards to complete the information process.
Further, if you want to access only free content, you need not complete the billing procedure now and just click on I’ll do this later. Once done, you can click on continue and enjoy Vudu on Firestick and other devices too.
How to install Vudu on Firestick?
You won’t find any difficulty in installing Vudu on Firestick. We will provide you with three different ways you can use to install Firestick on Vudu. Those three methods are as follows;
- From the Amazon app store
- Downloader app
- amazon silk browser
The steps for each method are described in detail below:
How to install Vudu on Firestick via the Amazon app store?
Since Vudu has been available on the amazon app store lately, you can download and use it from there pretty easily. For this, perform the given steps: –
- On the home screen of the amazon fire stick, move towards the find option.
- However, if you are using an older version then select the search option on the top left.
- Type Vudu on the search bar.
- From the appeared results, click the appropriate search result under apps and games.
- Click on Vudu and click on get.
- Click on Open to launch the app. Once the app is launched you will get the screen as appears in the image below.
Log in and start streaming movies and tv shows on VUDU.
How to install Vudu on Firestick via downloader?
This method has three different steps. Firstly, you have to download the downloader app, further, you have to enable the unknown sources option, and after that install Vudu through the downloader.
The quick steps to download the downloader app on Fire TV are;
- Go to the find option in the middle of the home screen.
- Go for a search.
- Type the downloader app on the search bar.
- Click the downloader from the displayed results.
- Now go back to the home screen and tap on Settings.
- Click my fire TV.
- Choose developer options and then click on install unknown apps.
- If you are using an older version click on apps from unknown sources and enable it.
- Once it is enabled select the downloader app from the list and turn it on.
- Now go to the app’s window from the home screen.
- Click on the downloader app and open it.
- You will see an Empty URL box given there. Type the official APK link on the box.
- The link to download the Vudu app is http://dorkboxhd.com/portfolio/vudu-for-fire-tv/
- After entering the website address, click go.
- Download the appropriate app for the Vudu app and click on download the installation file.
- It will take a little time to download Vudu apk on Firestick, click on install, and then on done.
- A notification will pop up regarding the file status of the Vudu app. Since you have already installed the app. The file is no longer in use so click on delete in order to clear out some space.
- Click on delete and that’s it the Vudu app is already installed on your Firestick device.
How to watch Vudu on the Firestick Web Browser
If you don’t want to install the official app of Vudu you can also use a web browser to watch the free content. For this performs the following steps: –
- On the home screen click on find and then on the search option.
- Search for Amazon Silk Browser and click on the search results.
- Once the result has appeared click on the internet.
- Hover towards download and then on the get option.
- Open the browser and click the address bar on the top. type Vudu and click on go.
- In the menu option in the top left, click on sign in and log in to your account if you already have one.
That’s it you can get access to every free movie but with ads and the purchase or rent movie is also available there.
How to Use Vudu on Firestick?
Using a Firestick is extremely easy. You have already downloaded and installed the Vudu app on your firestick now just follow the given steps to use Vudu: –
- Hold on to the home button of your fire stick remote until a pop-up comes up OR click on the three dots in the right of the middle bar.
- When the screen appears click on apps and navigate the Vudu app from the given apps and channels.
- You can also move Vudu on the home screen by pressing the three-line menu button on the remote.
- A popup will appear on the right side.
- Click on move and by the remote navigation button drop the Vudu wherever you want to. Make sure it appears on the home screen only.
- Once done, this is what the Vudu app interface looks like when you sign up.
After the signup process is done and you enter the Vudu app. On the left side, you may see various options like my home, free deal, movie genre, TV genre, showcases, and more. You can select whichever you want.
If you pick a movie or TV channel section you can pick any movie you want from the free content with ads. If you want to purchase or rent any movie or TV show. Ensure you have added the billing information already.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is the Vudu app free?
Vudu is completely free as long as you are watching free content and you are comfortable with the ads.
Does Vudu need a monthly subscription?
No, unlike other streaming platforms you need not purchase any monthly subscription for streaming movies or TV Shows.
Is Vudu available on the Amazon app store?
Yes, Vudu is easily available on the Amazon app store. If you don’t find it, you can easily install it through the downloader app or watch it via the web browser.
What is VUDU?
VUDU is a streaming service that offers movies and TV shows on-demand.
How can I install VUDU on Firestick?
You can install VUDU on Firestick by searching for it in the Amazon Appstore and then downloading and installing it on your device.
You May Give a Read to: –
- Install Hotstar on Firestick
- Watch Live Sports On Firestick
- Watch Netflix On Firestick
- Install Sportz TV IPTV on Firestick
In conclusion, installing and watching VUDU on your Firestick is a simple and straightforward process. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can easily download and install VUDU on your Firestick, create an account, and start watching your favorite movies and TV shows.
Whether you prefer to stream content or download it for offline viewing, VUDU offers a wide selection of titles to choose from, making it a great option for Firestick users looking for high-quality entertainment. So why wait? Follow these instructions today and start enjoying all that VUDU has to offer on your Firestick!
Keep reading, keep growing!