In this article, You will learn step by step how to watch the Xfinity Comcast Stream on Apple Tv.
Xfinity is one of the popular streaming apps in the USA, which has more than 200 live channels and several on-demand videos to make your day good enough. The Xfinity Stream app provides movies, series, entertainment, sports, and news of different genres. We all know that Xfinity is available on firestick but it is also available on Apple TV.
They are also available to record so you can watch them anywhere over an internet connection. It provides cloud DVR storage for offline content. Xfinity imparts users to stream thousands of movies and series and the bonus thing is that you can also rent your favorite movies and tv shows for a particular rental period.
If you have an Xfinity Stream subscription, you should be aware that the number of devices that can use the service at once depends on the particular Xfinity package you have. You can have up to five streams across all of the devices connected to your account if you use Xfinity X1. Contrarily, Xfinity Instant TV only permits two streams to be active simultaneously across all devices. Last but not least, you can only have one stream active across all devices if you’re using Xfinity On Campus.
Follow the guide to know more about it.
Xfinity Supported Apple TV Versions
The Xfinity Stream app is compatible with Apple TV devices that are capable of running tvOS version 15 or higher. The list includes:
- Apple TV 4K (2021)
- Apple TV 4K (2017)
- Apple TV HD (2015)
How to stream Xfinity Comcast app on Apple Tv using the new airplay feature
I have good news and bad news for you. The sad news is that the Xfinity streaming app is not available for Apple Tv. They haven’t built an app for Apple Tv users yet.
But, the good news is that you can still watch Xfinity content on Apple Tv through airplay.
Airplay is a cool feature available in iOS and iPadOS for screen mirroring.
So without wasting any time further, I will show you how you can broadcast the Xfinity Stream app to your Apple Tv using Airplay:
- Connect your iPhone and Apple Tv with the same Wi-Fi network.
- Move to the app store on your apple device.
- Search for the Xfinity Stream app on the search bar.
- Scroll through the apps and install them.
- Open the Xfinity Stream app and log in with your Xfinity credentials.
- Go back and swipe up through your home screen to reveal the control button.
- Select screen mirroring. Now your iPhone will search for an Apple device to connect to.
- Choose the Apple Tv device you want to stream Xfinity media.
- Now your iPhone or iPad screen will be Mirror on the Apple Tv.
- On your iPhone, opens the Xfinity Stream app and stream the content you want to watch.
- Whatever is appearing on the iPhone/iPad will also appear on Apple Tv.
- Grab your popcorn and start streaming.
After streaming, don’t forget to disconnect the screen mirroring to avoid being in any embarrassing situation.
Steps to sign in Xfinity stream on Apple Tv
If you are new to the explanatory stream app, you must sign first. go through any web browser and follow the steps;
- Open the web browser on your PC or smartphone.
- enter https://www. Xfinity.com in the search bar.
- You will reach the official page of Xfinity. select my account option.
- On the sign-in page, click on create one.
- Select the mobile number and then continue.
- Enter the captcha in the given text field for human verification.
- Enter your mobile number and it will send you a verification code on the mobile number you entered.
- Type the verification code.
- Now, create the account by entering your mobile number or email username and create your Password.
- Open the Xfinity app on your iPhone or iPad and sign in with the given information.
- Type the floating characters in the text box and click sign in. your Apple Tv and iPhone are now connected.
Steps to watch Xfinity stream on Apple Tv
- Make sure your phone and Apple Tv are connected with Wi-Fi or cellular connection.
- Open the app and swipe from left to right.
- Go on live Tv and tap all channels.
- To start streaming a channel, click on the network logo on your left.
- Also, you can tap on the currently airing program and then tab for each to start watching.
- There is an info option available where you can get information about it.
If you have visited a program page on a selected network that is only available to stream at home, you will see a notification that shows that it is only available to view at home.
Cast media from iPhone to infinity
To cast your media files from iPhone/iPad to Xfinity, firstly you need to get off from the Xfinity X1 cable box and Xfinity flex by default. Go through the steps and watch Netflix, youtube, and other content on Xfinity.
- For Xfinity flex, press the home button or go to the Xfinity button for the home page.
- To the settings option via the arrows button.
- Navigate to the privacy section and press OK.
- Go towards Mobile Casting Settings. Change the settings there and it’s done.
Any media file from your iPhone can be accessed there.
Topics you may also like:
- How To Stream Xfinity on Fire TV?
- Pair & Program Xfinity Remote to Control Your Tv
- How Do You Turn On Apple TV If It Won’t Turn On?
- How To Stream Airplay On Firestick?
The final words
The following guide shows you how you can stream the Xfinity Comcast app on your Apple Tv. This is a great app but, the downside is if you don’t have an iPhone or iPad you can’t watch it on Apple Tv. Xfinity app is compatible with devices like firestick, Fire Tv, Android devices, iPhone, iPad, Roku, Apple Watch, and nearly on all smart TVs.
The app is a blessing for those who wish to invest in an OTT for watching a wide variety of streaming content like series movies, Sports news, and many more.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
1. Xfinity app is compatible with which iOS and Android versions?
Ans- The app is compatible with more recent versions of iOS than 11.0. On the other hand for android versions, it is compatible with Android 5 or later.
2. Is there an Xfinity app for Apple TV?
Ans – There isn’t an app for apple tv, however you can watch it through the airplay feature.