Learn to Pair and Program Xfinity Remote. Program your Xfinity remote with your TV will help you to access your TV control with Xfinity Remote.
Yes, you can program your Xfinity remote and pair it with your Tv. You can Turn On your TV, Control Soundbar with a remote, and also other audio/video (AV) receivers.
Recently I bought an Xfinity TV cable box with an X1 entertainment package and I didn’t know that Xfinity remote can be paired with my TV.
As a result, I was wasting more time watching any program or show. Then one of my friends told me that I have to program the Xfinity Voice remote with tv and there is no need to use a different remote for each one.
With the development of technology today we can watch what we want anytime and anywhere. Xfinity provides the world’s greatest collection of on-demand movies and shows on your TV and knowing how to pair and program your Xfinity Remote is great.
It is widely available and has most of all the channels you and your family want. Now, it makes your work even easier.
You don’t have to manually give commands to the TV. It provides an Xfinity voice remote for models XR11, XR15, and XR16 that allows you to search even faster-using voice commands.
Whether you want to search a channel or navigate to settings, you just need to say it on your remote.
For this, pairing your streaming device with the Xfinity remote is a prerequisite. After pairing the device you can control the Xfinity device from up to 50 feet away too. Whether you are in a different room or are going somewhere you can have full control of the device.
The remote can be identified by the model number of the device which is generally at the back of the Xfinity battery compartment of the remote.
The downside is you can only pair one device at a time. In this guide, all the information regarding pairing and programming your Xfinity voice remote is available.
How to Pair an Xfinity Remote?
Xfinity remote tv comes in different appearances and may have different features. Discrete setup instructions may apply to different models. Some of them might have a setup button while others don’t. The model XR 16 comes without numeric keys.
After pairing with Xfinity stream tv box, ensure that you pair it with tv also additionally to gain access to controlling tv settings like turning off the tv, AVR, Selecting inputs, or adjusting volumes.
Read More: How To get Xfinity Stream on Apple TV?
How to Pair Xfinity Remote – XR11, XR5 XR2 (With setup button).
If the remote buttons consist of the setup button, the following instructions would be used. This will only apply to the models like XR11, XR 5, and XR 2.
- Check the battery compartment of the remote and turn the Xfinity box and tv on.
- Set the TV input to the input connected to the Xfinity TV box.
- Hold the setup button on the remote until the red light on the top of the remote turns green.
- Now, press the Xfinity button on the remote and you will see that the LED on the remote will begin flashing green.
- A three-digit code will appear on the screen. Enter these digits using the remote.
- Your remote will be paired up now with the TV after entering the correct code.
Pairing Xfinity Remotes – XR 15 (Without setup button)
If your remote does not consist of a setup button like in the models X R15, X1, or Xfinity Flex. Follow the given instructions;
- Ensure that the batteries are properly installed and your Xfinity stream TV is powered on.
- Set up the TV input to the input connected to the Xfinity TV box.
- Now, hold the Xfinity button and info button together on the remote for 5 seconds until the flashlight on the TV remote turns green.
- You will see a pairing code on the screen.
- Enter the pairing code on the remote and your voice remote will be paired up with the TV box.
Pairing Voice Remote With Your Xfinity TV Box XR 16
While pairing your voice remote with the Xfinity TV box, aim the remote towards the box and press the microphone button. Hold it and say program remotely.
While proceeding you will see that the instructions are appearing on the screen follow them according to your preference.
If it does not work, repeat the process again cautiously.
Read More: Install Xfinity on Firestick and Fire TV
How to Program Xfinity Voice Remote?
Programming your Xfinity voice remote is a matter of minutes. you can program your remote to control your TV or audio device online remote code lookup tool oryx 180 my account app.
Firstly press the microphone button and speak the program remotely. then select voice Remote pairing under remote settings.
How to Program Your Xfinity Remote Using the Online Code Lookup Tool
Follow the given directions:-
- Navigate to the remote code lookup.
- Select the Remote you have.
- Select the device you want to pair up with, and its brand, and click continue.
- The next window that appears will have codes of the remote.
Now, it depends on whether the remotes have a setup button or not.
If it has a setup button.
- Turn the TV on.
- Hold the setup button until the top light on the remote turns in green color.
- Enter 991 the flashlight will flash green twice.
- Keep pressing CH^ till the TV turns off.
- Press setup to lock the code.
- Now check by turning on the TV, if it turns on it has been programmed successfully.
If it doesn’t have a setup button
- Turn the TV on.
- Now press the infinity and mute button together and hold it for 5 seconds until the light changes to green color.
- Type the first five-digit code of the TV manufacturer.
- If the code is valid, the remote light will blink green twice.
- if the code is invalid the remote light will blink red and then green.
- Point the remote towards the TV and press the power button.
Now If the TV turns off, turn it back on and check whether the volume or mute button is working. Still, If it is not working, then factory reset the TV and try the process again.
How to Program Xfinity XR16 Voice Remote for Flex-Start
For programming, the remote for XR 16 follow the below instructions: –
- Hold the microphone button and say program remotely.
- Under the remote settings select voice settings.
You may also like:
- How To Turn Your Non-Smart TV Into a Smart TV?
- How To Use LG TV Without Remote Control?
- Why My Apple TV Won’t Turn On?
- How To Turn on Vizio TV Without Remote?
In the guide on how to pair and program your Xfinity voice remote, we have covered all the remote models. Some models like XR11 or XR 5 have set up buttons that follow different instructions while other models use different ones.
Depends on the type of remote you have to use in the particular section. We hope you find the article useful. Leave your queries and suggestions in the comment box.