Want to delete your Mercari account but are concerned that you will need it again? There’s no need to panic; you can always have your Mercari account restored after you deactivate it. This guide will teach you how to easily delete and restore your Mercari account.
As your search landed you here, most probably you know what is Mercari. Among the most popular reselling platforms, Mercari has held its place for a long time. Some people still prefer Mercari for selling their products over others, while some prefer other platforms like eBay and Poshmark over Mercari.
If you also want to get rid of the Mercari platform for any personal reason or you didn’t like it much or you can’t find time to resell. You may have whatever reason, here I will assist you on how to delete the Mercari account for good.
And if you want to restore the already deleted account you will get that guidance too. Once you delete a Mercari account you can also restore it back. So no need to regret it later.
Also, Mercari provides a vacation mode for its users where you can deactivate your listings temporarily and then be back again. The guide will cover all the aspects in which you can delete your Mercari account and how you can restore it.
How to Delete Mercari Account?
Before deleting the Mercari account, a few things require your attention. You can only delete your Mercari account if you are not ready to settle these things at first:
- Ensure that you have no dues in your Mercari account.
- All the funds in the account are either transferred or used.
- Ensure that you have no pending sales going on. All the processes must be completed successfully if you don’t want any problems later.
- Delete all the listings you posted on the Mercari account.
1. Delete Account Through Mobile App
- Launch the Mercari app on your phone.
- Navigate to your profile.
- Then click on settings.
- Choose the “edit account” from the given options.
- Now tap on delete account.
- After that you will receive a form, fill out the form and submit it.
Once your request is submitted, The Mercari support team will review your account and delete your account within 48 hours of submitting your request if you won’t have any pending dues attached.
2. Delete Account via Mercari Customer Support Team
If you are having any other doubts regarding the account deletion, you can prefer to contact the customer support team directly via email or call.
a. Contact Via Email
This is an alternative option to delete the Mercari account, the steps are given below;
- Compose an email to contactus@Mercari.com.
- In the subject section, write Request for account deletion.
- Now in the body section, First mention your name, username, and account email id,
- After that write the appropriate reason why you want to delete your Mercari account.
- Mention the issues (if you are having any).
b. Contact Via Call
If you are not good with drafting emails or maybe you want instant replies from customer support, just follow the given steps:
- Dial the contact number (888)325-2168.
- Inform them about all of your issues with the account and request for account deletion.
The support team will review your account thoroughly and after checking all the activities they will respond within 2 working days regarding your matter. You can also visit the help center at contactus@Mercari.com where you’ll find all the common queries regarding Mercari accounts.
How to Cancel a Mercari Subscription?
Assuming you don’t want to accept payments of your sold orders. For this, Mercari gives you the option to cancel the account subscription. I will walk you through the steps for the same:
- Navigate to the account settings in the billing option.
- Now, find the cancellation option to cancel the subscription.
- Click again on cancel to confirm.
How to Restore Mercari Account?
Now, If you are thinking about getting back your account on Mercari after deleting it. Once you have removed your account from the Mercari platform, it’s bread and butter to restore it.
Remember your Mercari account has never been deleted permanently. If you want to reactivate it again, just log in with the credentials once more and your account will once again start the way it was working before.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Can I have two Mercari accounts?
Ans. Unfortunately, it’s impossible to create two Mercari accounts with the same email ID. The company’s terms of service limit an account to only one person. Customers who have more than one account have the risk of suspending all the accounts without any notice. If you take the risk, your account may be temporarily or permanently banned from the marketplace.
Q. How do I use my Mercari account on a new device?
Ans. You can use your Mercari account on a new device also. For this here are the steps:
- Download the app on a new device.
- Go to my page.
- Click on Sign up or sign in.
- At the bottom of the screen, you will see an option for already registered, just click on it.
- Enter your login information and sign in. That’s it.
All your likes, followers, chats, listing, and processes will be available there.
Q. How to change the username on the Mercari account?
Ans. You can change your username at any time by accessing the edit profile page or by clicking here or by visiting My page>>Settings>>My profile. Tap on the current user name and click on edit or update.
You may also like:
- Delete Best Buy Account
- Delete Amazon Accounts
- How To Sell on Etsy Successfully?
- How To Delete a Yelp Account?
Assuming you don’t want to continue with Mercari for selling or buying, you can get rid of the account easily by following the step-by-step guide.
You can choose any one of the mentioned ways to delete your account. This guide contains the steps to delete and restore the Mercari account, check out whichever you find required for the time.
If you have any other queries, you can visit the help center page of the Mercari account. Otherwise, you can comment down and we’ll try to resolve your query ASAP.