The guide will provide you step by step procedure to delete your yelp account. But before deleting your yelp account, remember there is no turning back. You will lose all the information you shared on your yelp account.
Feedbacks or reviews play a vital role in everyone’s life. Whether you are going to dine at an unfamiliar place or running an unfamiliar errand. But it is not the same for everyone. Some people are cautious while others are careless.
This can be quite frustrating for the type of person who is always scared of sharing their experience, especially when they have traveled to a new place or tried a new cuisine at an unknown restaurant. Most of us have engaged in the unsavory practice of leaving a survey or feedback before/after our experience.
We end up sharing our opinion with others who do not care about it. But, this is not something that is encouraged by the Yelp community. If you are one of the people who always do the same thing and you feel that it is happening to you then this article is for you! Here we will talk about how you can get a yelp account deleted on your own.
Recommended: How To Delete Best Buy Account?
How to delete a yelp account?
The need for such a process was felt due to misuse of the platform by some users. It allows the user to delete an account only if they have an overriding purpose. Such as if you are looking for free public reviews, you may not always be honest and truthful during your word. If you have been a victim of this fraud it is best to know what to do in such a situation.
So let’s start drawing at a conclusion of the yelp experience by following the yelp account deletion procedure. The steps are mentioned below:
- After logging into your Yelp account, go to the Yelp Account Closure page to submit requesting your account be closed.
- On the Yelp Account Closure page, enter an explanatory message (even if it’s only one character) in the text field and click “Send.”
- To process your request to remove your Yelp account, type a message in the text box and click “Send.”
- Yelp will send you a confirmation email to the email address linked with your Yelp account after you click “Send.”
- Yelp will send an email confirmation to the email address associated with your Facebook or Google account if you signed up for a Yelp account using those services.
- Open your official mail account and click on the confirmation mail that Yelp has sent you.
- Once you do that, you’ll be directed to your yelp page.
- Click on the close account tab provided on the screen.
- And boom! Your Yelp account is successfully deleted.
The above deletion procedure is only to be followed for a personal yelp account and if you are a business person, you may need to look below to delete a Yelp business account.
How to delete yelp business account
Remember You can give up the management of your Yelp business account, but you can’t get rid of your Yelp company listing. Yelp business owners have only been able to delete listings by filing lawsuits against the company. Still, If you want to delete yelp business account then walk through the given steps provided below:
- In your browser, go to http://www.yelp.com/support/contact/business unclaim/. You may only delete your business’s moderator account this way.
- In the “Business Name” text area, put your company’s name, then in the “Near” text field, type your company’s city.
- To discover your business’ page, click Search to the right of the business information boxes, then scroll through the results until you find it.
- Select this company by clicking on it. It’s a red button on the right-hand side of your company.
- In the “Additional information” text box, put any information you want Yelp to have, then in the “Your Email Address” text field, type your business account’s email address.
- Make sure you’re using the same email address you used to sign up for Yelp.
- Complete the verification process to verify that you are not a robot.
- Click on Send button. Your form will be sent to Yelp as a result of this action.
- Look forward to hearing from someone. Before revoking your access to the business account, Yelp will send you a confirmation email. This is to keep someone from preventing you of your access without your knowledge.
- Confirm that you wish to log out of your account. When you receive an email from Yelp, open it, then click the link in the email and follow the on-screen instructions to remove your account.
Note: Remember that you cannot delete your Yelp business listing.
That’s it! You’ve successfully deleted your yelp business account.
You may also like:
- 10 Best GPS Apps For iPhone Without Internet
- How To Delete & Restore Mercari Account?
- How to Delete Your Skrill Account?
If you are one of those who have to delete your yelp personal account, be aware of the fact that all the reviews, pictures, or posts you’ve created, all will be gone at once. Still, you can delete your yelp account.
Moreover, the listings created by a business account will be there until you go to an extra lawsuit process to clear them. However, all the processes were easy, and hope you won’t find any problem leaving the yelp platform. Make sure, you ask us if you have any doubts.