Messenger has become the heart of Facebook since it started many features on its own. One of the interesting features is to change password on messenger to make it more secure for the users.
While changing passwords through other sources, you can feel the real struggle for finding the correct option to change.
Many of us want to change passwords without going through the same struggle. We all know changing passwords regularly is a healthy habit to avoid any security breaches in the future.
Like other social media platforms, messenger allows customization features for the users keeping in mind their security and privacy. In the guide, I will show you how you can change your Facebook messenger password on the messenger app simply by tapping some options.
A brief overview;
Facebook is the most popular and leading social media platform that has millions of active users right now. Facebook introduced a messenger app for instant message service which allows Facebook users to connect with each other by sending instant messages, photos, videos, emojis, Doodles, etc.
Besides this, The messenger also provides services of support groups, sharing location, bills, and many more. Also by adding a camera feature, it supports video chatting and filters that make it more interesting.
How to change password on messenger?
Facebook messenger is the tributary of Facebook itself therefore, the passwords you change on the Facebook app will automatically change the password on messenger. (yay!)
There are ample ways to change Facebook passwords whether it is for security/ privacy or any other purpose. Look at the above-detailed methods to change passwords on messenger.
How to change password on android or PC?
If you have a laptop/ PC, you can also try this method to change your Facebook password instantly. Follow the steps to change the password;
- Launch the Facebook app on Android or move to the official Facebook page on your laptop/PC.
- Login to your account and once you are on your profile page, click the dropdown facing Arrow from the right corner of the screen.
- Hit the security & privacy option.
- Click the security and login option under the settings tab.
- Keep scrolling and go to the login section. click on edit and then on change password.
- A new change password screen will catch your sight. Now just enter the current password and new password.
- Retype the new password and click on save changes to apply the changes.
Congratulations!! You have successfully changed your password including on the Messenger App.
How to change password on the messenger app?
Changing passwords on messenger is not hard as it seems at all. Here are the steps you should proceed with to change the password on the messenger app.
Now let’s walk through the steps to change your Facebook Messenger password in the Facebook Messenger app for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices.
- Launch the Facebook Messenger app on your iPhone, iPad or Android devices. you will land on your Facebook messenger home screen.
- Tap on the profile icon in the upper left corner of the screen. A menu appears.
- Scroll down to the account and support section, and then tap account settings in this section. The settings screen appears.
- Tap security and login in the security section. the security and login screen appears.
- Tap change password in login section change. the password screen appears.
- Enter your existing Facebook password in the current password field. Then, Enter the new password you want to use for both Facebook and Facebook Messenger in the new password and retype new password fields.
- Tap save changes after entering the required information. Logout of other devices screen appears asking if you want to be logged out of Facebook on all devices
- Choose either to review other devices or stay logged in.
- You will be returned to the security screen.
You will need to use your new password going forward for both Facebook and Facebook Messenger.
And that’s it! You have changed your password on messenger.
How to change Facebook password (when logged out)?
If you don’t know your current password then also you can reset the password.
In any case, if you are unable to access your account then you need to follow the steps to change or create a messenger password without even logging in to your account.
- On any web browser, go to find your Facebook account page.
- Enter your user name, full name, mobile number or Email address to find your account.
- Once you have entered your username or your mobile number or Email address they will ask you to select the perfect mode to get verification code to reset your password.
- In the next step you will get the code to reset the messenger password either through email or SMS.
- By Following the instruction appears on screen, you can reset a new password for a Facebook Messenger.
Now, you have successfully changed your password to a secured one.
- How To Verify Facebook Account?
- How To Fix Login Problem With Facebook?
- What is Facebook Touch?
- Who Viewed My Facebook Profile?
- Why Facebook Account Disabled
Do messenger and Facebook use the same password?
Yes, they both use the same passwords for the same Facebook account.
Does change Facebook password will change the messenger password also?
Yes, as mentioned they both use the same password. So, while you change the password on messenger, it will change the password for Facebook also.
Can we change passwords without a messenger?
You can change the password even if you don’t have a Messenger App by the steps discussed in the guide.
How do I reset my messenger password without the Facebook app?
When you are already logged in on a messenger app, you can easily reset your password via the steps given for changing your password on messenger.
If you’ve realized that your password isn’t strong enough, go and change it now with the discussed methods above. Whether changing passwords for this reason or another, you must know the importance of strong passwords.
All these methods aforementioned to change the password on the messenger app or through any other source will certainly help you to accomplish your task without any struggle.