Your Yelp profile is a valuable tool for promoting your business and connecting with potential customers. It’s important to keep your profile up-to-date, including your name. If you’ve recently changed your name, you can easily update it on Yelp.
I have recently started using Yelp to find new restaurants and other businesses in my area. But I realize that my Yelp account is displaying my full name, which I prefer not to use on social media platforms.
- Make sure you enter your new name correctly in the “First Name” and “Last Name” fields. Any typos will be reflected on your Yelp profile.
- If you’re changing your name for legal reasons, you may need to provide documentation to verify the change. Yelp will ask you to upload this documentation when you submit your name change request.
- You can only change your name once every 30 days. If you need to change your name more frequently, you’ll need to contact Yelp support.
Why Do you need to change your name on Yelp?
There are a few reasons why you might need to change your name on Yelp:
1. You’ve legally changed your name. If you’ve gotten married, divorced, or changed your name for any other reason, you’ll need to update your name on Yelp to reflect your new identity.
2. You want to be more anonymous. If you’re concerned about your privacy, you might want to use a nickname or a fake name on Yelp. Just keep in mind that Yelp doesn’t allow users to create profiles with promotional or offensive usernames.
3. You’ve been flagged for suspicious activity. If Yelp has flagged your account for suspicious activity, such as writing fake reviews or leaving multiple reviews for the same business, you may be required to change your name as part of the remediation process.
Here is how to do it quickly.
How to Change Your Name on Your Yelp User Account
To change your name on Yelp, you can follow these steps:
A quick tip: You can’t change or update your user account’s name directly from the Yelp mobile app, instead, you have to go to the web browser and log in through the Yelp official website.
Step-1: Open your browser and go to the official website of Yelp.
Step-2: Log in to your account.
Step-3: Click on your profile and select Account Settings as shown in the picture below.
Step-4: Select Profile from the drop-down menu. Fill in the new name you want to use.
Step-5: Save your changes by clicking the Save option given below.
Your name change will be reflected on your Yelp profile within a few minutes.
Please make sure you remember, Commercial or inappropriate usernames are not permitted, and using one may result in your account being closed or blocked.
Also, in order to be considered for Yelp’s Elite Squad, you must use your real name.
If you don’t want to display your real name on your profile you can add a nickname that will be visible to the public. See the steps below.
How to add a nickname on Yelp?
To your surprise, Yelp gives you an option to add a nickname instead of using your real name if you are not willing to use your real name then you can use this option happily.
Perform these steps and you have a nickname added to your account.
Step-1: Open your web browser on your PC or Mac and go to Yelp and log in to your account.
Step-2: After you have done logging into your account, click your profile image in the top-right area of the page to bring up a dropdown menu. “Account Settings” will appear.
Step-3: Look for the “Nickname” box under your profile photo in the “Profile” section of “Account Settings,” and type in the nickname you want to use.
It can be anything but make sure you do not use any derogatory words.
Step-4: Then, at the very bottom of the page, click “Save.” On your profile, your nickname will display between your first and last names.
You may also like:
- How To Delete a Yelp Account?
- How To Find My Business On Google?
- What Is An Amazon Business Account?
- How To Sell Goods Online?
So there you have it – changing your name on Yelp is easier than you might have thought! This article has walked you through the simple steps you need to take to change your Yelp account name, so whether you’re getting married, changing jobs, or just want to switch things up a bit, you now know what to do.
It’s important to keep in mind that using inappropriate usernames is not allowed, and could lead to your account being closed or blocked. On the other hand, Yelp does give you the option to add a nickname to your account if you’d prefer not to use your real name.
So don’t let a name change cause you any unnecessary stress – follow these steps and you’ll be back to enjoying Yelp in no time! And if you have any other questions or tips for changing your name on Yelp, feel free to leave a comment below – we’re always here to help.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I remain anonymous on Yelp?
You can use a pseudonym or fake name to remain anonymous on Yelp. But this is discouraged by Yelp as it may detract from the credibility of your contributions to the site. Using a pseudonym prevents you from becoming a Yelp Elite, which is an exclusive status awarded to active and respected members of the Yelp community.
Is my Yelp profile visible to others?
Yes, your Yelp profile is visible to others unless you use a fake name or make your profile private.
Is it possible to use a fake name on Yelp?
Yelp allows the use of a pseudonym, but using a fake name may detract from the credibility of your contributions to the site. While Yelp encourages its members to use their real names, it is not a requirement.
How can I update my information on Yelp?
To update your information on Yelp, go to the business page you would like to update, click the Edit link, make the desired changes, and enter info in the Additional Context field. This field will help Yelp moderators verify the changes more promptly. Once you have entered the information, click Submit Changes.
Will businesses be able to view my name on Yelp?
By default, businesses can see some basic information about you when you interact with their business page on Yelp, such as when you bookmark a business page, call the business through Yelp, or check in. However, you can review and change these settings at any time.