Yelp reviews are one of the biggest factors that play a vital role in the growth of your business empire in the online world. And in today’s world, business over the Internet is the quickest way for one to grow. Do you know how can you delete Yelp reviews?
Growth with the help of the internet can be far greater than in the real world. Your growth can be increased exponentially with the help of the internet. And one of those factors is going to Yelp. What to do, when you want to delete Yelp reviews?
Yelp is a website that allows users to post reviews regarding a business. And with over 30 million users, reviews can become widely accessible to everyone and this can in return become one of the biggest factors in the rise or fall of your business.
Millions of users read Yelp reviews about businesses every day, and this can increase your popularity pretty quickly as a good business company. You can easily delete Yelp reviews.
But like everything that shines ain’t gold, similarly, not everyone on Yelp is going to write positive things about your business. If you don’t need it, then you can easily delete your Yelp account.
So, you need to learn and understand how to deal with the negativity and do your best to get the most out of it and try to turn it into something positive. Reason to delete Yelp reviews.
How does one change those bad reviews into something positive?
This is something that is very easy to do. All you need to understand is that reading the review and feeling frustrated or lashing out at the reviewer in response is not the solution.
Try to keep an optimistic mindset while reading the review. Read it carefully, and analyze the views of the reviewer. Respond to the review with a calm mind.
Let the reviewer know that his feedback is valuable and that you’re going to do everything possible to rectify the mistakes, and deliver on the standards that are expected of you.
Now, it might just not be possible to deliver on those standards, but after reading the response, the reviewer might see your organization in a positive light.
How you are willing to make things right. How you’re willing to go the extra distance to fix the situation and deliver on the standards which are expected of you.
Also, keep in mind, that the reviewer might even delete or better change their review into something positive knowing that you are trying to help them to the best of your capabilities.
It also provides you with the window to improve. Take the review as an opportunity to do that, and you can improve a lot faster.
You can also try getting in touch with the reviewer personally and see what lead to the poor review. Try to fix the issue to the best of your capabilities. This will make a greater impact on the mind of the reviewer.
Read More: How to create a business profile on google
How to deal with Malicious or Fake reviews on Yelp?
This is an area of concern. Not all reviews are genuine, some are just posted by someone who is in competition with your business, by someone who holds a personal grudge against your organization, or against someone who just happens to be working in your organization.
Now, this is where you have the capability of getting the review to be analyzed by the Yelp team, and they might just remove the reviews altogether. It does not mean that it will necessarily get removed. The review has to be in violation of certain policies which Yelp has set for the reviewers.
Now, how to get it done? It is simple. Start off by assuming that the review has been posted by someone who is a genuine customer.
Collect all the information you can about the reviewer. If all the information checks out, then continue with the first step which I have mentioned above. But if the facts do not check out, then, you have the upper hand.
You can report the review for the Yelp team to analyze. Following are the policies that you need to keep in mind while reporting the review:
- Should not be exchanged for payment
- Should be based on the reviewer’s own first-hand experience
- Should be factually correct
- Should not be based on previous brand interactions
- Should not be promotional
- Should not represent a conflict of interest (leaving a positive review for a friend’s business or a negative review of a competitor for example)
- Keep all of these in mind, and make your case that you are going to submit to the Yelp Team to get the review analyzed and removed by them.
Highlight all the possible reasons that you feel for which the review should be removed.
Read more: What is an Amazon business account
Delete or remove fake reviews on Yelp
The steps for this also remain the same. Make sure that you collect all the information regarding the customer, and see if it has delivered a genuine experience or has the information which has been mentioned in the review has been fabricated.
There are a few things that you need to keep in mind in order to identify any fake reviews. The following are the things that you need to keep in mind in order to detect fake reviews:
1. Identify the customer and review the history. If the customer is not found in your records, then the reviewer has not posted on personal experience. Which is a violation of the policy set forth by the Yelp Team.
2. Check out all the reviews that the customer has left. Whether the review is for your business or not. If the account only has one review, there is a strong case that you can make against it.
3. Analyze the review, and check out if it resembles any other reviews that might have been posted. The language and tone may have been modified a bit by the reviewer but the core content might conflict with some other review. Another great indicator of the review is fake.
4. Check for reviews that were posted around the same time. It is a common tactic to post bad reviews using multiple accounts. They can easily be identified and when reported are usually removed by the Yelp Team.
Read More: How to create a WordPress Website for free
How to report the review to get it under review from the Yelp team?
Once you have identified all the reviews that you want to be reviewed, the hard part is done. All you have to do is report them. Reporting them is fairly easy and can be done within just a few minutes.
The following are the steps that you need to follow in order to get the review analyzed for removal by the Yelp Team:
- Login into your business profile with your credentials.
- Find the review that you want to report.
- Click on the report review button.
- Once you click on the option, it will show you a form that you need to fill out. It is mostly asking the reasons why you wish to report the review.
- Complete the form, and submit
Now, all you can do is wait patiently. And hopefully, after the analysis is done, the Yelp team will go ahead and deal with the review in the manner which you have in your mind. However, be prepared in case the review does not get removed at all.
You may also like:
- How to change the name on yelp
- Remove reviews from the Facebook page
- How to Find my business on google
Conclusion (How To Delete Yelp Reviews)
Dealing with the negativity over the Yelp site is a pretty big headache. It takes time and patience. Also, it takes great control over one’s emotions to successfully turn that negativity into something positive.
Make sure that you follow all the things that are mentioned above, and you will come out on the other side with flying colors.