Instagram sign up is a super choice to connect with people. This platform is known for bringing you closer to the people and things you love.
It is also known for personal and business branding, You can connect with friends, family, make new friends, follow your favorite pages, celebrities, and many more.
It also helps to build your personal identity with the world and grow your business significantly within the Instagram community.
Instagram is growing popular in the internet world and there are more than 1 billion active people sign up on Instagram as per the 2020 report and keep growing Instagram Sign up numbers.
Most people between the age groups of 18-34 prefer Instagram instead of Facebook or other social apps. IG offers you a variety of communicating tools to connect with friends and the world with their beautiful memories, reels, stories, and many other features.
Instagram sign up accounts types
Instagram Sign up process is not difficult but you have to give close attention before signing up. There are multiple accounts Instagram offers you for creating, you can find details below about all of these and choose accordingly. You can create an Instagram account for three different purposes.
#1. Personal account:
A personal account is used to engage with friends and Instagram audience with Instagram posts, stories, reels, messaging. This is the common account that most people create. There is a slight difference between Personal Account & Professional Account. Stay with this post, and you will get to know the difference.
- Can be set as a Public and private account.
- Included all the basic required features.
- Facebook account can be linked.
- No analytics available so you can’t see the post reach, user retention.
- If you plan to monetize your account, you can’t do it in the personal account.
#2. Creator Account:
If you are an influence, or content creator, or something that makes videos to reach your audience then this Creator Account is for you. This is newly added to the list by Instagram. You can say it is more than a personal account and lesser than a Business account. Because the Personal account is for normal user and Creator Account For Influencers and create, and the last one is for Businessperson.
- All the basic features IGTV videos, reels, post and profile that are included in Personal Account.
- Insight available so that it is easy to track your post, videos and reels reach.
- easily can be connected with Facebook business page.
- Various categories available.
- Branded tools are accessable.
- If you more than 10k followers you can add custom links to your stories.
- You can promote any service or business with the help of Creater account.
- If you want to set it as a private account. Sorry, you can’t.
- No multiple Facebook account can be linked.
#3. Business Account:
Well, the name of this describes itself. Instagram Account business account to promote your business with the help of Instagram’s tools. For example, if you are having any products, services, or business then surely this type of Instagram Account will help you to grow your business. You get all the features in this type of account.
- All basic feature that is included in Personal account and Creator Account.
- You will have all the data about your audiences, and promotions that if you made.
- Paid Ads can be run on this account.
- You can set business and contact details.
- Video call option available on the chat option.
- If 10k followers crossed on your profile, then a custom link can be added to your stories.
- Instagram business tools are accessible.
- You can choose from multiple categories according to your business.
- Profile can’t be switch to private.
- For a business account, you have to have a Facebook business page.
- No multiple Facebook pages can be added. (Only one)
Install Instagram on your device:
You can use Instagram on your mobile via Instagram’s official app, or you can go with the Web browsers. If you are using a mobile phone then we recommend you install the Instagram application on your device to get notified when someone follows, messages, and likes your post, stories, reels, etc.
Also in a web application, you can turn this notification feature. So choose as per your convenience. If you want to install the Instagram app in your drive then follow the below steps else jump to a sign-up section.
Instagram app size varies with device starts from 25 MB, it has access to all the features.
Step to install Instagram or Instagram lite:
- Open your Android or iPhone device or pc.
- Once you opened it to turn on the mobile data or connect it to active wifi.
- And then open the play store or app store or Microsoft store.
- After that search for “Instagram” from the search box.
- Click on the Instagram
- Now click on Install, it will take 1-3 minutes based on the speed of the internet connection.
This way you can install the Instagram app on your device to sign up on Instagram.
Steps to sign up on Instagram personal account:
To create a personal account you need to have an active internet connection, and you must have a mobile number and email id or you can sign up using your Facebook account directly.
Once everything is in place then follow the below steps to create your personal account successfully in just a minute.
- Install the Instagram or Instagram lite application on your device or directly open the web web browser
- Open the installed application or visit www.instagram.com from the web browser
- Now click on the signup located below to the login option.
- And then enter your mobile number or email address.
- After that click “Next” and enter your full name, and choose the password and username.
- Now click on continue with or without syncing your contacts, if you sync contact then you will know who are all already sign up on Instagram from your contacts book.
- Finally, your account is created on Instagram and now the app will ask you to set up profile pictures, add a bio, and interest. You can skip if you would like to set it up later.
This way you have successfully completed with Instagram sign up and now you hold an official Instagram personal account.
Now Let create a professional account.
Steps to switch to a Creator account Or Business Account:
To switch to a creator or business account you need to have one Instagram account. If you already have one then followed the below steps to switch your personal account to a professional account.
Thinks to know before switching to a Creator Account or Business Account.
- If you switch to a creator account or business account, then you can track everything like how your post is performing, your followers, your promotions, insights, and new contact.
- Switching to a Creator account or public account makes your profile public. Anyone will be able to see your photos and videos on Instagram. You will no longer need to approve followers. Any pending follow request will automatically be approved
Switch to Creator or Business account from mobile app:
- Open Instagram from your device.
- Click on the profile icon located at the bottom of the screen.
- Now click on “Edit Profile”.
- Scroll down and tap on “ Switch to Creator or Business Account”.
- And now click on continue.
- After that choose the category among suggested or search your category.
- Finally, tap on continue to switch the account successfully.
Switch to Creator or Business account from web application:
- Open the web browser
- Visit www.instagram.com and log in to your account.
- After that click on the profile icon and tap on “setting”
- Now click on “Switch to Professional Account” located left side under the edit profile section.
- Choose your type of account between creator and business account.
- Once you choose the type of account, click on Next.
- Choose your category from suggested or search for your category.
- Now, tap on done to successfully switch to a professional account.
Summary Of Instagram Sign Up:
Nowadays social media is growing rapidly, earlier it was Facebook only now other social media competitors are coming into the social media world. Instagram is owned by Facebook.
If you are among the people who want to explore social media platforms and to engage with friends, communities, businesses, artists, and with what you love then you should give a chance to Instagram sign up.
It is growing rapidly with its awesome features like you can make reels to grab the attention of the users, create thumb-stopping stories, post and share with your friends and with the Instagram public, chat with anyone with attractive stickers, GIFs, and many more.
In the 21st holding social media account is an essential task to increase your personal connection and to create awareness of your business to the world that your business exists in the world.
In this post, I tried my best to cover everything about Instagram Account Types and Instagram Sign up process. I hope this post, will help and choose the Instagram Account type as you need.
Just sign up on Instagram to grow your connection and business connection. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this Instagram Sign Up process or Type of Instagram Account, You can simply leave us a comment below.
You may also like these:
- Instagram Bio | Cool ways to create a professional Instagram bio
- How to Get Verified on Instagram?
- How To Build an Attractive And Professional Instagram Profile